Newbie with a few questions.
I just started playing a few days ago and i'm loving the game so far.

My first questions is why aren't their underwater maps? The mechanic in their for swimming, and you can shoot under water, so why not?

My second question is how do I play on my custom map? I've finished it and want to play solo with some bots. A step by step listing would be nice.

And my final question is how can I have my character in a custom character skin I have made?
Thanks given by:
Greetings, newcomer!

1. I may be wrong (and I probably am), but maybe some feel that the water can be somewhat laggy? However, now that you've brought up the idea, feel free to create one! Despite the various "map restrictions," AC's edit mode attempts to foster creativity, so go for it! And when it's done, feel free to post it here or on akimbo (a site for various AC mods, maps, and whatnot).

2. If you go on certain servers, you can "send" your map to the server, allowing you to vote for it in multiplayer. This may require admin on the server, however, so you should contact some of the server owners. Making a bot mode for your custom map is slightly more difficult, for you would have to add waypoints and stuff (I don't know the exact terminology). I'm sure if you look in the AC docs you can find some information.

3. Well, since AC is an FPS, you can't see yourself really (barring demos/spectating and whatnot). However, if you place your skin in the correct files (depending on whether you/re a mac or windows chap) you can see all other players/bots and whatnot in the skin you made. I know one of my clanmates made this mod of sorts that allowed us to see each B} member in a customized skin, but I do not know the exact logistics of it.

Hope this helps, and welcome in! (You won't be leaving anytime soon... :3)
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 12, 10:29PM)Kikaro Wrote: My first questions is why aren't their underwater maps? The mechanic in their for swimming, and you can shoot under water, so why not?

I personally can find these fun, sometimes. I really hate how slow you move in water. Makes the game super slow O.O
Thanks given by:
if you want bots on your map, type: /mode 7; map (mapname)

then, you type: /addbot
and look at the doc reference

IDK what waypionts are for

NOTE: your map must fit assault cube requirements to do this, or it will say invalid vote

Have fun cubing! ;)
Thanks given by:
Nice to see a new ac player around.
To play a map in bot modes you can use this command:
/mode x;map <your map's name here>
replace the x with the game mode number. I think 8 is btdm and 7 is bdm or vice-versa.
Ex. /mode 7;map ac_complex
This command should also work:
/x <your map's name here>
replace the x with the acronym of the mode you want to play.
Ex. /btdm ac_complex
Commands you can use to add bots to the game once you have already used the command above are:
/addnbot x y z
replace the x with how many bots to add. Replace the y with what team to add them to. Replace the z with a skill level, bad, worse, medium, good or best
Ex. /addnbot 5 cla best
A second command is here:
/addbot x y z
replace x with team to add the bot to. Replace y with the skill level. Replace z with the name the bot will have (for a random name leave blank)
Ex. /addbot rvsf best teh_bot
As for the waypoint thing mentioned by ShadowFlameZ, waypoints are not nessecary in your map to play with bots. If there are no waypoints the engine will automatically flood waypoints. If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to answer. I hope this helped.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 12, 11:15PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: (You won't be leaving anytime soon... :3)

I don't plan on it! Well after looking through the docs (unsuccessfully), I have decided to take a break with map making and i'm going to see how the modding is for the game. Thank you for the help, same goes to you RR. If you see me in game feel free to say hi, I go by the same name.

(13 Jun 12, 11:53PM)TackyMan Wrote: NOTE: your map must fit assault cube requirements to do this, or it will say invalid vote

And these are? I can't find them anywhere.
Thanks given by:
Welcome home brah, let me introduce you to this marvelous world AC is:
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 12, 12:38AM)Kikaro Wrote:
(13 Jun 12, 11:53PM)TackyMan Wrote: NOTE: your map must fit assault cube requirements to do this, or it will say invalid vote

And these are? I can't find them anywhere.

If you try and vote a map and it says "this map is unplayable" or "this map does not satisfy the map requirements" then you know.
Thanks given by:
Map Quality Requisites

Welcome!
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 12, 11:53PM)TackyMan Wrote: IDK what waypionts are for

I believe waypoints are the places the bots move too.

(14 Jun 12, 03:10AM)Orynge Wrote: Map Quality Requisites

Welcome!
Thank you so much.

Follow up for the rest of you who are interested, I got my mods working. Thicker muzzle flash, and now my sniper bullets have sparkles instead of a smoke trail. I have a feeling i'm going to spend more time modding and map making than I will playing the game.
Thanks given by:
Quote:I have a feeling i'm going to spend more time modding and map making than I will playing the game.

/brofist
Thanks given by:
Kikaro I do believe that you will be a long-standing member of this community. There are some underwater maps out there. After my exams I might send them on :)
Thanks given by:
KH FTW
Thanks given by:
shimmy shimmy welcome
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 12, 06:33AM)Bukz Wrote: /brofist

/brofist

(14 Jun 12, 07:39AM)D1551D3N7 Wrote: Kikaro I do believe that you will be a long-standing member of this community. There are some underwater maps out there. After my exams I might send them on :)

I hope so, good luck on your exams.

Guys, this forum community is amazing. I played another FPS for about 3 years and never had more that 3 replies on my posts, most of which were "I don't know". But on my first post I got a mod, a dev and 8 replies, most of which are a paragraph or more.

I'm not leaving for a while.
Thanks given by:
Amazing.
AC Forums can actually help a guy out. Don't go checking the other subforums, or else you'll want to leave as soon as possible.

You have been warned o_O.
Thanks given by:
You have gotten:
1 Dev
2 Mods
and
3 Epic Vets

By my counting.

AC Community actually is pretty good compared to others. We are all fairly helpful here. Even those I have a distaste for may help out people with questions. Which is always a pleasant surprise.
Thanks given by:
Lol, vets or not, we are all epic RR, XD
Thanks given by:
Epic means a long length of time sometimes paul.
Thanks given by:
* paulmuaddibKA goes back to elementary school so he doesnt make a fool outta himself so often :(, k b!
Thanks given by:
I'll see if I can find a underwater map that I used to play a lot back in the day. The mapper (dunno who made it) used water to emulate moonlike gravity in one HUGE map, very fun shit. So far I had no luck finding it thou, caus I have no idea of the name.

You might wanna take a look here:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5403-post...l#pid98994
Good links wiht a ton of old custom maps

and here (always):
http://akimbo.in/forum/

Enjoy your stay dude!
Thanks given by:
I once remember playing Ezjemville underwater :D
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20120613.png]

The sunset + oceanview makes a romantic battle ground.
Thanks given by:
Except...you can't edit official maps without the original maker's permission.
Or am I wrong?
inb4 RCJD posted another bad screenie :3
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 12, 02:12PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Except...you can't edit official maps without the original maker's permission.
Or am I wrong?
inb4 RCJD posted another bad screenie :3

you can edit all you wan to, just cant pass it off as yours or load it up in public servers, or have it for download.
Thanks given by:
favourite underwater map

droidlol

hey shad
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 12, 02:12PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: RCJD posted another bad screenie :3

If people feel the screenshot is advertising unrighteous abuse of map makers' works, I can remove it.
Thanks given by:
I think RCJD used /gamma and /fog to take that screenie..
EDIT: Nvm I just noticed the wall's texture.
Thanks given by:
(16 Jun 12, 01:59AM)ChO Wrote: EDIT: Nvm I just noticed the wall's texture.

Thats /texreduce -1
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure you can edit the official maps, but don't save it.
Thanks given by: