1.1.0.4 for another year?
I've read and got involved in plenty of conversations in IRC about 1.1.1.0's release and I think it's about time we get it out there.

From what I understand, we're all waiting for Brahma to complete his new revisions for ACAC, but at the moment he's bogged down with RL. This is totally understandable, but how much longer should we wait? There's no reason why we can't get 1.1.1.0 released now and implement the new ACAC for the next version. Flowtron also agrees with me here, if that makes any difference.

With the weapon balances, it's ultimately down to the devs so I won't comment on that. People have stated what they want on the SVN balance thread, but ofc, the devs will have taken it all into account otherwise the thread wouldn't exist.

If I'm not mistaken, jamz is the interim(?) leader of the project right now, so I'd like a comment from him about where AC is heading.

Thanks for reading. :)
Thanks given by:
If ACAC were a module, they could release 1.1.1.0 regardless of Brahma's time constraints. Those who don't mind could commence using 1.1.1.0 and the rest could wait for ACAC if they care that much about it.

Even without ACAC modularized — I don't see why it isn't — if it's the only thing not finished, surely at least the 1.1.1.0 source can be released, as ACAC is excluded if you build the server yourself.

I haven't been following development, so I'm not sure if ACAC is the only thing we're waiting for, but if it is, there are obvious and easy ways to move forward despite that.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 12, 07:05AM)Jack Wrote: Even without ACAC modularized — I don't see why it isn't

I'm guessing that it's not been modularized to prevent decompiling/reverse engineering.
Thanks given by:
donate
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 12, 09:19AM)Billybob Wrote:
(11 Jun 12, 07:05AM)Jack Wrote: Even without ACAC modularized — I don't see why it isn't

I'm guessing that it's not been modularized to prevent decompiling/reverse engineering.

But in that case, isn't there something they would have done to the stock server binary to prevent that same thing from happening? Obfuscation or something? I'm not sure but I thought the same could be done with a separate ACAC. Though at least there's a possible reason now, so that's good. :P
Thanks given by:
For 1.1.1.0 just use current acac
Thanks given by:
If they can't get it fixed fast, it should be ripped out until it can be more effective/useful/not causing trouble. :)
boost the carbine gogogo
Thanks given by:
Xenon's thoughts regarding this issue:

[Image: Si5zq.png]
Thanks given by:
What is ACAC?
Sorry, just worked it out.

We could wait but ya'll will have to be on your toes as far as cheaters are concerned...
Thanks given by:
What exactly is ACAC?
Thanks given by:
AssaultCube AntiCheat
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 12, 10:53PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: What exactly is ACAC?
[Image: gasp2panel.png]
And you call yourself a mod!
Burn the imposter!
Thanks given by:
[Image: 212wu8g.jpg]
let lil B guide u
Thanks given by: