Thanks given by:
Even I sing better lol
Thanks given by:
I call this MPB, dunno watchu talking about, Brahma

"Açúcar ou Adoçante?"
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Wat.
Why are you involving the mother tongue that I am unable to speak in petty Brazilian matters?
I consider this an offense.
:>
Thanks given by:
(09 Jul 12, 07:21PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Wat.
Why are you involving the mother tongue that I am unable to speak in petty Brazilian matters?
I consider this an offense.
:>

Copy and Paste mishap.

c:
Thanks given by:
(09 Jul 12, 07:03PM)Misty Wrote: I call this MPB, dunno watchu talking about, Brahma

"Açúcar ou Adoçante?"

Really beautiful music.
But "popular music" is not something defined by a hundred of "experts", and only a thousand of intellectual people listen.
In fact, "popular music" is the sound that some millions of "popular people" are "enjoying".

In this sense, this is far more MPB:
"Now I am single"

For those who do not understand this language, add me in livemocha: http://www.livemocha.com
Thanks given by:
(09 Jul 12, 05:44PM)Brahma Wrote: "Mommy Daddy"

What is this song and video about? To tell u the truth I am a bit scared after watching it :P.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 12, 08:31PM)RAMPAGE Wrote:

What is this song and video about? To tell u the truth I am a bit scared after watching it :P.

srly dont watch, its pure bullshit ... i didnt expect you hear this piece of shit Brahma .
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 12, 11:44PM)kaz Wrote:
(10 Jul 12, 08:31PM)RAMPAGE Wrote:

srly dont watch, its pure bullshit ... i didnt expect you hear this piece of shit Brahma .
You dont want to be close to the second link either.
The third one Brahma posted I cant understand shit, I didnt know transvestites sing like if a crow and a seagull nest in their throats.
But this is a big dissapointment, I liked Rap do Jeremias song, even if the truth behind it was harsh, but this is plainly telling you how fucked things have become thanks to the internet and such... (Not saying they werent before, just that now its more noticeable)
Thanks given by:
I am not saying what is good (in fact, this is a piece of shit to my taste), but this is the real "brazilian popular culture".
And so, you really do not understand what is popular... and must probably, you misunderstand your own culture (if you are brazilian).
Those musics show things that happen in the brazilian poor suburbs and slums, far away from the manipulated media, or the fantasy world of the "petty bourgeois".
This is sad, but it is true... and just because some people around here close their eyes to the issue, it does not mean it will vanish.

And the most interesting aspect is that these manifestations are regional. The first I showed is called "brega", and it is really strong in the North side of the country (mainly in Pará State). The second one, is the Rio de Janeiro's funk.

Let me translate another "good" funk for you.
It is called "I left my husband"
You was just beating me
And going to the parties
I was left alone, waiting for you
I screamed and cried like a crazy...
Thank you very much but now I became a hooker...

:)
Thanks given by:
I'm part of the caucasian middle class, funk carioca isn't a reality around here. We still listen to Legião, Mamonas, Cansei de ser sexy and bossa nova... funk only reaches poor suburbs and favelas, indeed. And most of the country is poor, that's what our music has become. But... you have to admit it's hilarious lyrics. I mean, a person has to be demented to write something like this:

If a slap doesn't hurt, I'll tell you
Gonna cheat on you, wanna see you go fuck yourself
I did all the work in the house and you didn't care
Now that I'm a whore you wanna talk about love
Thanks given by: