what is this map?
Last night I very vaguely remembered this old map from playing 1.0.4 but not it's name and the way I am now I've remembered it I must to know what it's called.
All I can say was it was very big, very detailed, set at night or otherwise dark, and an interesting thing for it being such an official type map was it had towers as sniping spots on it. I'm not sure but I think I remember you could also run on the tops of buildings on it. It had a very unique feel and that's why I remember it, not that I was able to enjoy it at the time because what with it being so large and detailed and quite open my old laptop had a very low frame rate on it.
If someone knows this map I will be greatly relieved because I won't stop thinking about it until then.
Thanks given by:
ac_deltaforce? If I'm correct it actually still works with the map quality requisites.
Thanks given by:
no but thanks i remember that map too, i might still download that.
I should add it was a very urban map, and the towers weren't the guard tower mapmodel they were made from cubes
Thanks given by:
ac_victorian? I can't find the link to the updated version of it...
Thanks given by:
ac_silence? :3
Thanks given by:
Played 0.4 for 1 month, cant help...
/offtopic Map spiderman official nao (not to be confused with ac_spiderman). Thanks, XD.
Thanks given by:
I have ac_victorian1.1 here. And the most up-to-date ac_silence is here.

As for the map in question, If it had sniping towers, how tall were they? Could they see all the way across the map? You say it's official style, but also quite open, so presumably you're talking about the level of detail, correct texture usage, thoughtful model placement, etc., yes? Was it predominantly played as T/OSOK, or did it suit CTF?
Thanks given by:
iirc there was a Mr. Floppy map that was kinda like that, with tons of boxes in the center.
Thanks given by:
If I'm thinking of the same map it might be ac_s... something. Not silent.

Was the map primarily grey? And it had a few fences?

I vaguely remember a map from a previous version that sounds similar to the one in question. I think I actually saw it back in 0.93.

We really should go back through the old maps and revive the good ones. ac_italy_deluxe, ac_desert4.0, and ac_riverside were premo 0.93 maps.

Google Custom Search of Quadropolis for "ac_italy" returns no results D:

Edit:

SWAT_silent_kill!

http://46.29.248.33/Billybobs%20Maps/ser.../incoming/

And italy_deluxe is on that page oh my lord!

Where is the pirate ship map? I want to play that one baaaaad.

Found it. ac_seafight.
Thanks given by:
Yes, it was SWAT_silent_kill. Thank you very much!
Im surprised it didn't have a cfg with it according to your link. It's all dark with street lamps on and yet there is a bright blue sky overhead, which I did not remember but that must just have been the way it was.
Thanks for the link also, there's some other great maps on there I remember from ages ago.
Thanks given by:
http://www.bob-ac.co.uk/Billybobs%20Maps...t_kill.cgz

there are more old maps @ http://www.bob-ac.co.uk/Billybobs%20Maps

EDIT: Most of which need modifying to work in AC 1104 :(
Thanks given by:
Different topic but might as well not clutter the place with new threads.
Does anyone have mine and Jorik's map bze_trenches from 1.0.4? I looked through Billybob's maps, not there, redownloaded 1.0.4, no masterserver, and I checked my mediafire account and I must've never put it on there. We each no longer have it from old computers but plenty people must because it filled 20 player servers sometimes.
I'm planning to change it to fit 1.1 because it was such great fun to play. In case no-one can recall the name it was a distinctly two sided map with completely different textures on each side. It had craters from shelling on one side. A sniping tower near the middle. Bunkers on each side. You could snipe from windows on one side. Twisty trenches on one side for shotgunners. Hopefully this is enough for someone to remember they have it and can kindly provide me a link to it.
Thanks given by:
Never seen that shit...
Thanks given by:
someone beat me to fitting the map to 1.1 you mean? I did have a go at it as soon as 1.1 first came about but I thought I never finished it and never voted it anywhere. Could you put it on mediafire or somewhere because I don't have the password for hlin 8999 and likely there's some kind of ban stopping me connecting anyway
Thanks given by:
This is what I had in my map folder: bze_trenches
Thanks given by:
Thank you. I've already begun remaking the map from the remake you've posted. I've come across the problem there is a big open area in this but I will fix this in time.
Thanks given by: