Sprites ?!? [Yet another request]
Yes you read the title, I was wondering if someone can be able to make sprite player models and hud guns. It would help with the people with low end computers.
Thanks given by:
I've wanted this for a while.

Gogogo!
Thanks given by:
in-game sprite player models?
Would that not be a complete mindfoot when trying to play a game?
Also, sprite flag models would help too.
Thanks given by:
Not too sure about the feasibility, flags and player models are in 3D and sprites are 2D images...
Thanks given by:
(08 Jun 12, 10:21AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Not too sure about the feasibility, flags and player models are in 3D and sprites are 2D images...

I can imagine it being like doom. No matter which way you turn those things face you. xD
Thanks given by:
I'm surprised you didn't know that Cleaner (Since you mod,and stuff). Like Snoosnoo was saying sprites like Doom sprites. Probably make them for the mapmodels/pickups too then ac would have better performance.
Thanks given by:
Not sure you would want them for mapmodels, but I could see them being used for pickups and hudgun models.
However, I'm not sure if this will be worth the dev's time. You can get rid of the hudgun with /hudgun 0, and I don't think that the tiny amount of memory saved by not loading the pickup models would be worth the extra code.
If memory is that much of a problem, just set your desktop background to a single color :P
Thanks given by:
At this time, it's quite unlikely that anyone has graphics hardware which can't run AC properly, and even in that case, I don't think reducing vertex count by a tiny bit would actually help.
Thanks given by:
Well, I highly doubt that in-game objects can be, but HUD guns may be possible. You would have to edit the script, and gun movement woulb be unrealistic, but...IDK
Thanks given by:
I'm quite sure this would have like zero affect on performance.
Thanks given by: