F*** you OpenGL!
Well i have this Ati Radeon HD 5450, i bought it some time ago from a friend and it was cheap, i can play the latest games on it (like crisis, cod and skyrim) but for some reason i dont get the same performance on ac. I've been searching on google for similar problems and i think it's a graphics driver/card/opengl issue, i get good fps but no hits (poor hitreg). I lost hope on Ati and Intel. So i'll be switching to nvidia soon and hopefully get a better performance in opengl games.
For this reason, i'd like to get some advice before i buy another worthless card. So wich one are you using?

FTR, i've had the perfect hitreg before, so i know the difference, and i would be willing to spend some money just to be able to play ac again :)
Thanks given by:
i have amd radeon hd 6570, its pretty good
Thanks given by:
gigaabyte nvidia geforce gtx 550 Ti with 1gb 192-bit gddr5 memory
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814125410
monsta gfx card :D i get ~700-900fps on max graphics settings in ac ^.^
Thanks given by:
(14 May 12, 11:00PM)macm Wrote: and i would be willing to spend some money just to be able to play ac again :)

=D

<3

macm, we all decided to keep you as a member and Senate until your return:
http://sa-clan.gamerzfun.com/u6
Thanks given by:
Depends on how big your budget is, if you can get one, the gtx 680 is a pretty safe bet.

That is quite a bit overkill for AC though, if you won't be using it for other games, I use a GT 520 to play AC without problems.
Thanks given by:
I have a Nvidia GeForce 9200, it's such a shit card but on AC I can still get 300fps with everything on lowest settings.

(14 May 12, 11:00PM)macm Wrote: perfect hitreg

maxfps 125. never met anybody who this didn't work for.

EDIT: I also noticed in another thread you mentioned about spread, but referring to it as unhits. Spread is not unhits, and no amount of fps will change your spread because it's random. Higher fps can make it feel as though you're hitting more bullets, although really that's probably just a placebo effect as you're not. The only way to "get better spread" is by using hacks, and ofc nobody can condone that. If your problem is that you're getting bad spread with automatic weapons you just have to deal with it. just saying :)
Thanks given by:
The stock graphic card for apple will do just fine, plus, if you are a salvager of Mac, they are free! I think it's a nvidia geforce.
Thanks given by: