A Game mode Request....
Okay i know this has been asked before, but hear me out.
I recently discovered that there will only be two new modes in the next ac. I was slightly disappointed (Mainly b/c i was already expecting to see those modes.)Now I'd ask If someone would make a bomb game type, And Im not talking about something similar cs or COD's bomb modes Either.
Ahem......
The bomb is already placed on the map(Place it in one spot, like how you place flags.). When the game starts the players have to rush to get to the bomb spot to get the detonator. The game will tell you when a player has dropped/picked up the Detonator. If you have/picked up the detonator There will be an Flashing icon of it notifying you That you have it in the same place where the flag icons are.The game would last 10-20 minutes. When the game ends of cla has the detonator then the bomb blows up,If rvsf got it then it doesn't. Also you can respawn in this bomb mode,and its playable in DM(Whoever has the detonator last blows up the bomb and wins in DM)
Now as for how the Detonator/Bomb would look like here's a little image i found in the AC files:
[Image: teamse.png]
Heres another image I made on ms Paint :)
[Image: 82505355.png]
Thanks given by:
One of the beauties of AC is how simple the modes are, meaning how CLA and RVSF are indistinguishable in terms of rules of the game.
Thanks given by:
No bombs pleassse :O
Thanks given by:
To be honest I think it's more important for the devs to perfect the changes they've already incorporated into the next version so that they can finally release it, rather than add these somewhat randomly proposed modes/weapons/etc...
Thanks for the creativity though.
Thanks given by:
Its like Counter Strike's mode..
Thanks given by:
Well, there's the CLA (Cubers Liberation Army) and the RVSF (Rabid Viper Strike Force) so you could consider CLA as terrorists and RVSF as counter-terrorists; so I guess it would work. Also the teams would be switched, so there's a pattern. Like if me, ChO, and Jg99 were on RVSF and
some other guys were on CLA, after the round, me, ChO, and Jg99 would be switched to CLA.
Thanks given by:
Your missing the beauty. It lies in the fact that both teams have the same tasks to complete.
Thanks given by:
(31 May 12, 11:51PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Your missing the beauty. It lies in the fact that both teams have the same tasks to complete.
I just suggested it for giving players a chance to experience playing on both teams on one game.
Thanks given by:
Why is everyone so dismissive of an idea?

Personally I'd love a few new modes.
Thanks given by:
(31 May 12, 06:27AM)Think3r Wrote: Heres another image I made on ms Paint :)
[Image: 82505355.png]

great image
Thanks given by:
^it's realllllllly good for microsoft paint.
Thanks given by:
Thank you for the complements kingCHUBBY and Nightmare.
As for R_R Whats wrong with both teams having the same objective, Almost every game mode in ac has the same objective. Do you want it to be like CS where the T's plant and defend, and the CT's diffuse and attack?
I tired to make this bomb mode different Because people have asked in the pass and people have disagreed. And I've noticed that it was always asked to make bomb modes simmilar to Cs or COD, So i tried to make something different.

Ps The devs should at least add iCTF to the game..
Thanks given by:
I think you misunderstood what I said :)
Thanks given by:
The only way for such a mode to work is if both teams have to do the same thing, ie one player has to stand on the spot of the opposing teams bomb for a set amount of time, this would reset the timer, if this player is killed the timer would restart. The winners are the team that prevent their bomb going off.

Edit: Actually i guess this would end up a draw most of the time :(
Thanks given by:
S&D is a good idea
just because CS or CoD have done it doesn't mean its a no go zone, considering whatever they've created seems to do better than AC.

i have no idea what your idea is because i didn't really read it sorry
Thanks given by:
How about my TS/CTF idea? It's a round-mode with an objective, sorta like S&D except you have to score an enemy flag instead of blowing up an objective.
Thanks given by:
On the topic of detonation missions, is anyone familiar with the mode "Demolition" in the game A.V.A.? I don't play CS or CoD, so I don't know if it's similar.

"Demolition" is quite simple and fun. But yes, each team would have different objectives which may conflict with the appealing simplicity of AC.

Demolition in A.V.A.:
-Like Team Survivor. Done in rounds, no pickups.
-Team A, the defenders, can win if
a) they kill off the other team before they set the bomb
b) they defuse the bomb after the other team sets it (and no need to eliminate other team)
-Team B, the attackers, can win if
a) they kill off the other team
b) they set the bomb and it successfully explodes (it's okay if the entire team dies at this point)

-There are two possible bomb locations on a map. So Team B needs to decide which one to attack in each round (and maybe send decoy to the false location?)... likewise, Team A needs to somehow divide their defence force.

Because this is round based, it progresses pretty fast.

EDIT: Though it would be fun, I honestly don't think it'll happen in AC, realistically. Though I envision the bomb to be something like an AC grenade explosion. lol, gib the defuser!
Thanks given by:
(02 Jun 12, 06:39AM)Orynge Wrote: How about my TS/CTF idea? It's a round-mode with an objective, sorta like S&D except you have to score an enemy flag instead of blowing up an objective.

YESSSS
Thanks given by:
(02 Jun 12, 06:39AM)Orynge Wrote: How about my TS/CTF idea? It's a round-mode with an objective, sorta like S&D except you have to score an enemy flag instead of blowing up an objective.

And if the other team is completely dead, you get a bonus flag, and the round ends. To prevent waiting for them to score.
Thanks given by:
IDEA: Team A vs Team B

Team A must attack Team B, and try to score a flag as fast as possible, they have only 25 lives to do so, before it just becomes a fail.
If they score, time is taken and Team B then becomes the attackers.

Note: The defending team can't take the other teams flag.
Thanks given by:
Base assault. Merely change the flag spawns around. Awh yeah.
Thanks given by:
(02 Jun 12, 10:52AM)RCJD Wrote: On the topic of detonation missions, is anyone familiar with the mode "Demolition" in the game A.V.A.? I don't play CS or CoD, so I don't know if it's similar.

"Demolition" is quite simple and fun. But yes, each team would have different objectives which may conflict with the appealing simplicity of AC.

Demolition in A.V.A.:
-Like Team Survivor. Done in rounds, no pickups.
-Team A, the defenders, can win if
a) they kill off the other team before they set the bomb
b) they defuse the bomb after the other team sets it (and no need to eliminate other team)
-Team B, the attackers, can win if
a) they kill off the other team
b) they set the bomb and it successfully explodes (it's okay if the entire team dies at this point)

-There are two possible bomb locations on a map. So Team B needs to decide which one to attack in each round (and maybe send decoy to the false location?)... likewise, Team A needs to somehow divide their defence force.

Because this is round based, it progresses pretty fast.

That's Counter-Strike mate.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 12, 04:27PM)Jason Wrote: That's Counter-Strike mate.

Get off your horse. If games never replicated mode types you wouldn't have any damn fps games. DM R FROM MAZE WAR. GET RID NOW.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 12, 04:55PM)Snoosnoo Wrote:
(05 Jun 12, 04:27PM)Jason Wrote: That's Counter-Strike mate.

Get off your horse. If games never replicated mode types you wouldn't have any damn fps games. DM R FROM MAZE WAR. GET RID NOW.

Yeah Jason, original ideas are so cliche
Thanks given by:
imo this is just like ctf except the flag spawns are moving. why do we need this?
Thanks given by:
I would like there to be bots online on servers like ACR and different modes to help make these bots more incorporated into the game. ACR is great when it comes to its many modes but lacks the amount of players that AC has. What I am suggesting is that AC should add more single player modes and functionalities and maybe even squeeze in an actual type of story line like in the Crysis series. Going into more details about the specifics of the new modes is that there should be a mode in which players are assigned to fulfill a mission and the other team is against that objective and therefore arouses resulting in a final conflict and domination of a team. (I know it is very 'loose' but I think you get the major points).
Thanks given by:
(06 Jun 12, 09:17AM)W@rr!0r Wrote: I would like there to be bots online on servers like ACR and different modes to help make these bots more incorporated into the game. ACR is great when it comes to its many modes but lacks the amount of players that AC has. What I am suggesting is that AC should add more single player modes and functionalities and maybe even squeeze in an actual type of story line like in the Crysis series. Going into more details about the specifics of the new modes is that there should be a mode in which players are assigned to fulfill a mission and the other team is against that objective and therefore arouses resulting in a final conflict and domination of a team. (I know it is very 'loose' but I think you get the major points).

Bots online isn't a bad idea let's salute mercykil for that but if you keep adding more and more details and functions to something it wont end well the cod series and the Lost show are just two good examples of that. I personally want AC to stay simple like it is now and since im the sexy Swedish viking it'll stay simple to. Also, a singleplayer storyline could be scripted by urself or somebody else in the gema community, just ask around the worst you could get is a no.
Thanks given by:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Feature_creep
Thanks given by:
As always no modders do nothing(not even attempt.), Those lazy bastards.
Thanks given by:
I like double negatives ;D
Thanks given by: