1.1.1.0 Features
Yes I am curious to know what new modes/Features are being implemented in the next installment of the Assault Cube Franchise.
Thanks given by:
Incomplete list:
http://actiongame.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...ision=6789
Thanks given by:
WTF!? the sniper is being nerfed?!

EDIT: Is this for 1.1.0.4 or 1.1.1.0? o.O
Thanks given by:
(30 May 12, 08:38AM)MykeGregory Wrote: WTF!? the sniper is being nerfed?!

EDIT: Is this for 1.1.0.4 or 1.1.1.0? o.O
Both things are the same, though next version will be called 1.1.1.0. That list was probably made before the game was designated as version 1.1.1.0.
Thanks given by:
Reagan's link has all the info. :(
Slightly off-topic, why do the releases have to be 1.3.4.5.6.1.2.3.4.5.5 instead of say v1.2
?
:)
Thanks given by:
(30 May 12, 12:21PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Both things are the same, though next version will be called 1.1.1.0. That list was probably made before the game was designated as version 1.1.1.0.
So is snipe 82 damage or 80?
Thanks given by:
It's funny to see devs creating a weapon ballance thread where everyone say the sniper need power since the start (the start of the 1rst thread), and to finally see the sniper going deep.
The previous for the next release are just loled.
Thanks given by:
So true.
Thanks given by:
(30 May 12, 03:16PM)MykeGregory Wrote:
(30 May 12, 12:21PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Both things are the same, though next version will be called 1.1.1.0. That list was probably made before the game was designated as version 1.1.1.0.
So is snipe 82 damage or 80?
80 current version. Then it was 82 for beta..but back to 80 due to crazy killspeed.
Thanks given by:
:/ No other new modes i was already expecting TPF & TLSS, Also i Heard a rumor that there was gonna add a new gun?
PS: The devs should add some effects for The Very good-INSANE! settings (Disabled by Default.)Ex. Like a noise effect for the screen,or like bump mapping.

Edit: A kick melee would be nice, makes use of the kick animation. Someone should really make a program made specifically for making ac mods (player/md3 models). Like how AoS got Kv6.
Thanks given by:
In terms of bug fixes and updates to cubescript, the changelog is rather outdated.
Thanks given by:
Think3r: I heard somewhere that TLSS could be implemented as a new mode, wouldn't be surprised if it will. I'm certain there won't be another weapon in the future version even though I've heard about the possibility of a Combat Pistol. The main goal for the upcoming version is to balance the weapons, and until this balance is found and many players seem pleased with it, I have my doubts that the introduction of an additional weapon will be done anytime soon.
Thanks given by:
TPF and TLSS are implemented in the SVN, Wolf.

Unfortunately, no other "new" new modes unless you want to count Bot Survival.

Combat Pistol is most certainly very possibly the next upcoming weapon, but it's not likely to be released in 1.1.1
Thanks given by:
80 damage?? Seriously... what the hell...
Thanks given by:
(30 May 12, 11:54PM)sniperz Wrote: 80 damage?? Seriously... what the hell...

Because 82 to 80 is such a big difference?? Especially since the pistol now has 2 more rounds, I agree this is blasphemy.
Thanks given by:
Well, pistol shoots faster (in addition to having more bullets per clip), so the sniper-pistol combo is actually a lot easier.

But if that doesn't satisfy you, headshots still work ;P
Thanks given by:
(30 May 12, 11:45PM)VenteX Wrote: Combat Pistol is most certainly the next upcoming weapon

I think this is silly to say. Its very possible, but not "most certainly".
Thanks given by:
(30 May 12, 08:50PM)Think3r Wrote: Edit: A kick melee would be nice, makes use of the kick animation.

I'd like to see a balls-deep hipthrust.
Thanks given by:
EDIT: Actually, I feel like saving this gif for later.
Thanks given by:
(31 May 12, 12:04AM)Bukz Wrote:
(30 May 12, 11:54PM)sniperz Wrote: 80 damage?? Seriously... what the hell...

Because 82 to 80 is such a big difference?? Especially since the pistol now has 2 more rounds, I agree this is blasphemy.

Yes it is. You probably haven't played 0.93, where damage was 85. where sniper was a "real" sniper...
I just think the sniper is getting really underpowered. It's just too hard to play it now, especially against AR or that lame shotgun.
Thanks given by:
It's 80 in the current version, so no real change has happened. D:
Thanks given by:
(30 May 12, 08:38AM)MykeGregory Wrote: WTF!? the sniper is being nerfed?!

Is it possible to nerf a nerf?

Almost nobody uses the sniper in clan matches and wins. Someone needs to write an obituary for AC.
Thanks given by:
The shotgun, AR, SMG, and sniper rifle have all seen changes in SVN, please refrain from posting your opinion if you have not play tested them.
Thanks given by:
...or hastily assume Bukz has never played 0.93

Don't do that either.
Thanks given by:
AR killspeed is 480ms
320ms for a sniper & two pistols, not counting the time it takes to switch to the pistol.
And ohk's with headshots. And doesn't get affected by range like the shotgun. And the spread is minor when noscoping so you aren't forced to use the scope like every other fps.
sniper y u so underpowered.

edit: was supposed to be attached to my last post but got separated somehow D:
Thanks given by:
It really is just too much to ask people to go for headshots or use a different weapon if they can't, isn't it? People seriously can't expect the sniper rifle, of all the weapons in the game, to be the does-it-all weapon...
Thanks given by:
I've been playing AC for 5 years, and by every new version I expect to see some improvements for the sniper. I'm not the only one who thinks that... It's funny that players who never touched sniper keep saying how much it is easy or overpowered. I dare you to play with the sniper in a CM, against some good ARs and win.
--No hate, just my opinion--
Thanks given by:
I don't understand, you expect the sniper rifle to become more powerful every version?

I've played sniper as long as I can remember, sure its not the best choice in clan matches in the current version, but this game wasn't designed for just clan matches - theres thousands of "newbie" players that just wanna have fun on the pubs - we have to satisfy them also.

Like I said, current version opinions in this thread are pointless, it's about AC 1.1.1.0 (aka the next version) - which has seen quite a few changes in regards to weapon balance.

Because of those changes, your experience in the current version is likely to change in the next version. You should test the next version to find out if the changes are for the better or worse. (and not just say worse because your favorite weapon was "nerfed" a bit)
Thanks given by:
I want something like this:
[Image: 20120530_12.55.24_ac_douze_CTF.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(31 May 12, 08:55PM)Bukz Wrote: This game wasn't designed for just clan matches - there's thousands of "newbie" players that just want to have fun on the pubs - we have to satisfy them also.

Almost took the words out of my mouth, although I don't think AssaultCube was ever really designed for clans at all in the first place (the community merely devised these sorts of things on their own,) being the casual arcade-style game it is.

Oh, and I wouldn't necessarily categorize all pub players as "noobs." I've been playing AC for years, yet more recently I've been staying away from the whole clan aspect of the game. Not because I'm a "noob", but I just don't like the stress of competition in clans. (And being interrupted in-game with cm requests got old quick)
Thanks given by: