My Assault Cube Sound Mod
This provides you with a better sound mod which was collected and edited carefully by myself.

Include:
- Call of Duty 4 hit sound.
- Full new 3 ricochet sounds (From Left 4 Dead, not edited)
- New USP sound (From COD:MW2, edited)
- New SMG sound. (From a small sound fx clip on youtube, edited)
- New Automatic Rifle sound. (From CS1.6MW Mod, not edited)
- New Sniper Rifle sound. (From youtube, edited)
- New Shotgun sound. (From COD:MW2, edited)
- New Shotgun reload sound. (Mixed from various source)
- New Akimbo USP reload sound. (From COD:MW2)

Hope You Enjoy !

Download link: [link removed due to copyright infringement]

Future Plan:
- Change ALL sounds of Assault Cube for a whole new feeling about this game !
Thanks given by:
I haven't looked into the exact information, but by your own admission some of these sounds have come from other games. I feel sure the sounds didn't come with licenses that allow you to freely distribute them.
Thanks given by:
(19 May 12, 06:03PM)jamz Wrote: I haven't looked into the exact information, but by your own admission some of these sounds have come from other games. I feel sure the sounds didn't come with licenses that allow you to freely distribute them.

Like an audio version of Assaultcube: ████████ (EDIT: Cencored to prevent advertisment :D)
-____________________________________-
Thanks given by:
In the future I suggest we replace all download links containing copyrighted audio with fart sounds.
Thanks given by:
(19 May 12, 08:11PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Like an audio version of Assaultcube: ReBLUUEERAAGGRFJDNDDDAGG
-____________________________________-

Sorry, what?
Thanks given by:
(20 May 12, 12:50PM)VenteX Wrote: Sorry, what?

He just took the audio sounds from Assault cube Reloaded and claimed it as his. Please note that the that the sounds are free to use. Basically the Devs just made a fool of themselves.
Thanks given by:
(20 May 12, 01:53PM)Think3r Wrote: He just took the audio sounds from Assault cube shit version

If that's the case it's even better it was removed in my eyes.

Were the audio files provided elsewhere for free use? ACSV had a lot of copyrighted material without licenses IIRC.
Thanks given by:
(20 May 12, 01:53PM)Think3r Wrote: ...the sounds are free to use...
Just because a thief gives his booty away, it doesn't make it legal to aquire it.

Let me help you out here Think3r, taking the three MW2 sounds as an example. I don't have CoD:MW2, so I don't have the licence to hand, but I managed to find the Black Ops licence and I'm confident the MW2 licence will have the same terms.
Here are the pertinent extracts and, BTW, this material is © 2010 Activision Publishing, Inc., but something tells me they're not going to mind me referencing this.
Quote:“PROGRAM” INCLUDES THE SOFTWARE INCLUDED WITH THIS AGREEMENT, THE ASSOCIATED MEDIA...
That establishes that the media files, which include sounds, are covered by the term "PROGRAM".
Quote:LIMITED USE LICENSE. Activision grants you the non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right and license to use one copy of this Program solely and exclusively for your personal use....Your license confers no title or ownership in this Program and should not be construed as a sale of any rights in this Program.
This is standard software licence stuff which simply states that the licence doesn't give you ownership of the software; just the right to use it under their terms.
Quote:YOU SHALL NOT:
• ... distribute or otherwise transfer this Program, or any copies of this Program, without the express prior written consent of Activision.
• Reverse engineer, derive source code, modify, decompile, disassemble, or create derivative works of this Program, in whole or in part.
These lines let you know that you are expressly prohibited from giving away, or modifying, parts of this program.
Now, tip_for_everyone may not have ripped off the files from Activision, but someone did (from what you say, it was Victor - why am I not surprised?), and I'm not going to have them linked to here. I hope this is clearer.

late edit - I accidentally a 'not'
Thanks given by:
If you don't know if you have permission, its always safer to assume that you don't.

If you want to release and advertise mods here you have to ensure that everything you release is properly licensed and is not copyright infringement. That means having to contact Activision (and other companies) directly for written permission to redistribute material from their games.
Thanks given by:
yeah I use some sounds of AssaultCube reloaded with AssaultCube too :p
Its funny
Thanks given by:
So... Think3r just made a fool of him/herself
Thanks given by:
Thanks jamz for explaining (once again, again,again,again,again aso) what do licenses and copyrights mean in terms of use, re-use, modifications and distribution.

Basically what people here don't seems to grab is... OK you can use whatever licensed/copyrighted sounds or mods from other games on YOUR OWN MACHINE and no one is going to give a monkey about it.

The main thing is that in absolute NO WAY whatsoever are you allowed to redistribute for free these features to the general public and certainly posting links of such features here on this forum is definitely bang out of order since it is clearly a breach of copyrights infringement.

Last but not least, if it ain't your own design/creation like material anyone can find browsing the web (or STEAL from another game) this is of no interest at all to us as AssaultCube rely on it's own community creativity to improve and thus make it an original game like no others... It was created with the opportunity for us to carry on building it bigger and better so let's not screw this all up with CoD or whatever lookalikes.
Thanks given by:
@Mai Mee Tur ,Jamz was just proving him\herself right. And I guess I Misread some things...
Thanks given by:
Wow, you almost said sorry there.

[Image: zNeuQ.jpg]
Thanks given by: