Clans more structured?
why hasn't AC developed a clan system, making clan fakes have to do something else... -_-
Thanks given by:
I think it's because for the most part, ac is too casual of a game for people to really care about that since a system that would fix that either flat out would not work since the internal structures of most clans are too spastic in casual games like this, or would make everything even slower and less fun than it already is.
Thanks given by:
I don't understand, what kind of clan system?

If you mean some kind of official way to protect your name, we already have /auth coming soon to an AssaultCube near you. :)
Thanks given by:
(18 May 12, 10:15PM)vern Wrote: I don't understand, what kind of clan system?

If you mean some kind of official way to protect your name, we already have /auth coming soon to an AssaultCube near you. :)

@vern: Seriously!! That's pretty exciting (:

Well to answer Paradox's question: Most clans will make the effort to submit whitelists to major server owners. This will block out any imposters and tag abusers (given that you also give your IP range). Therefore, a fake =SA=RCJD on a protected server cannot connect.

You may say, "you can't possibly send the whitelist to EVERY server, and there are always new servers everyday". That is true, but AC has a relatively small community and every clan has their known members and reputations. If there was a fake =SA=RCJD, I am sure my many friends + acquaintances in the game will be able to tell that it is a fake. If the fake =SA= is hacking, trash-talking, etc. - then most older AC players could likely guess it's a fake, since =SA= has a fairly good reputation.

Speaking of reputation, there are many clans with BAD reputations. It's a good and bad thing how everyone (important) here knows one another and the whole "clan picture". I say "important", implying longer time AC players. Newer players, or those who come in and out, may not know the clan scene. But after sticking to the game for some months, it'll all be clear xD

All clan websites should have a clan roster too, if you want to check if a name is a real member or not. Most clan sites have a complaint section too, if you believe there is a tag abuser/impostor of the clan.

=SA= only had one complaint, and that was BEFORE we enforced our whitelist.

Hope that answers your question?
Thanks given by:
(19 May 12, 03:00AM)RCJD Wrote: that was BEFORE we enforced our whitelist.

well, you got others to enforce it
Thanks given by:
(19 May 12, 07:33AM)Cemer Wrote:
(19 May 12, 03:00AM)RCJD Wrote: that was BEFORE we enforced our whitelist.

well, you got others to enforce it

yeehh

It is unfortunately a bit of a hassle too. So I'm looking forward for some sort of /auth if that's true.
Thanks given by:
yeah same, and i have =SA= on my server whitelist, since RCJD gave it to me :D

i update when RCJD tells me i need to update
Thanks given by:
(22 May 12, 04:14AM)Jg99 Wrote: yeah same, and i have =SA= on my server whitelist, since RCJD gave it to me :D

i update when RCJD tells me i need to update

thats great kid
Thanks given by: