Lag and You
I don't know if some of you people have fallen and hit your heads over the last year, but, judging by what goes on in the pubs, the following bears posting. Though I'd bet some of you have never bothered to read it before.

http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/Lag

AssaultCube is supposed to be a game in which computers and internet connections that wouldn't fly in other games can be acceptable. When idiots run around kicking everyone whose ping isn't in the green, regardless of their PJ, regardless of whether they're lagging or there's a consistent, appreciable delay causing unfair kills, that part of AC fades away.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that some of you need to get the fuck over it. This isn't CoD or whatever fancyass modern game you like to play where everyone lives next door to the server and has <100ms ping. If someone isn't causing problems in the game — slightly high ping is not a problem in itself — don't give them a hard time over it. And if they are causing a problem, mention something instead of immediately kicking or otherwise being a dick about it. Everything isn't about you. People aren't turning on torrents and joining games just to fuck up your day, so don't take it all so personally.
Thanks given by:
Idea; do not publicly display pings unless they exceed a threshold(Maybe 500 or 750).
Thanks given by:
The bad part is it's all jamz's fault for not taking proper measures to fixing lag.
Thanks given by:
I agree with being tolerant of laggers on public servers, but do you seriously expect to play a match competitively against someone with 80pj? They're impossible to track (for me, anyway).
I don't always get perfect connection 100% of the time, but in the rare event that I don't I have a stable pj/ping, I have the decency not to play on servers whereby I will annoy other players, and I'd like to think that laggers who are mindful of their lag problem would do the same.
Thanks given by:
* VenteX dreams about playing AC on an EDGE connection.
Thanks given by:
i understand the argument here but i dont want to deal with this all the time...
MG EDIT: Video removed due to 'hack links'
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I hear you there. I hate harmful lag too, but I just wish people were the way they used to be about it. It seemed like, before, it was "Oh, you're lagging a bit. Welp, that's AC for you," and now there's this big crusade against anyone without a shiny, green latency. It just makes it feel like the whole environment of AC is turning sour. :(
Thanks given by:
The only thing i like about that video is that when it end, 6 different ac hack videos come up... ASSAULT CUBE- HACK FREE SINCE NEVER....

Me gusta
Thanks given by:
(17 May 12, 09:15PM)Jack Wrote: AssaultCube is supposed to be a game in which computers and internet connections that wouldn't fly in other games can be acceptable. When idiots run around kicking everyone whose ping isn't in the green, regardless of their PJ, regardless of whether they're lagging or there's a consistent, appreciable delay causing unfair kills, that part of AC fades away.

If a player's ping or pj isn't green they will be lagging severely. It's all largely an opinion anyway, but tournaments in games with better engines that manage lagging better than AC often require <80 ping or similar cutoffs.
Thanks given by: