neonox
Hey folks after a long time offline, im back! I made an little new map. With custom textures. Neo style.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-4356...x.zip.html

[Image: 20120513_15.38.33_neo1hcio.jpg]

[Image: 20120513_15.35.25_neovbd83.jpg]

[Image: 20120513_15.35.15_neo70cj1.jpg]

[Image: 20120513_15.34.31_neokxfb7.jpg]

c&c are welcome!
Thanks given by:
Cool!
Thanks given by:
:O how do you do that, what texture do you use for the tiles?
Thanks given by:
(13 May 12, 05:21PM)gambino Wrote: :O how do you do that, what texture do you use for the tiles?

seflmade. with gimp. And then edited the cfg. Or what do you mean?
Thanks given by:
Reminds me of laser.
O nostalgia.
Thanks given by:
HOLY F*CK THATS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks given by:
Shit this actually looks more fun than 90% of community maps.
Thanks given by:
(13 May 12, 06:54PM)Mael Wrote: Shit this actually looks more fun than 90% of community maps.

So, who wants to make a test match on this map? Want to know if its fun to play
Thanks given by:
Looks sexy.
Thanks given by:
looks cool :)
but the only problem is that ppl don't have this textures if you made them manually...
so along the map they would need to download textures in order to see the full extension of the map :|
Thanks given by:
official gogogo
Thanks given by:
(13 May 12, 08:57PM)Milandrag Wrote: looks cool :)
but the only problem is that ppl don't have this textures if you made them manually...
so along the map they would need to download textures in order to see the full extension of the map :|

The textures are in the .zip packages in the link. I hope that the next version of AC supports autodownloads of textures :3
Thanks given by:
(13 May 12, 06:54PM)Mael Wrote: Shit this actually looks more fun than 90% of community maps.

Ouch.
Thanks given by:
Wonderful, it perfectly fits my after-weed mental trips ;)
Thanks given by:
This looks epic.
Reminds me a bit of TRON.

i cant see where to download. Every single 'download' button wants me to download iLivid. what ever that is. :(
Thanks given by:
Where it says Download, XD.
Thanks given by:
Sick map.
Thanks given by:
A couple of pointers, WeedBernd.
  • If you want to comment out lines in the .cfg, use // not #
  • Zipping your package like this:
    └ packages
           ├ maps - .cfg & .cgz
           └ textures
                  └ neonox - your textures
    ...lets people simply unzip the file into their AC folder.
  • /mapshot will save a screenshot showing just the minimap
Other than that, it does look fun, and I really wanted the little cubicles by the flags to transport me to the other base.
Thanks given by:
(14 May 12, 11:21AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote:

Ouch.

You're in the 10%, Mr.Floppy; Don't worry about it xD
Thanks given by:
don't drop 2 tabs of acid before playing this one
Thanks given by:
(20 May 12, 01:37PM)Vermi Wrote: don't drop 2 tabs of acid before playing this one

Quote:"...never use LSD or any type of hallucinogen since it's like playing RUSSIAN ROULETTE with one's Mental Health as psychedelics mimic symptoms of severe mental illness especially Schizophrenia. Please take good care of yourself and make good, healthy choices in life."
Thanks given by:
Quote:RUSSIAN ROULETTE
More like tennis with a cricket ball. Still pretty damn dangerous but you're more likely to be okay if you're careful. If you make sure to prepare yourself with the right equipment you might even enjoy yourself.

EDIT: I'll attempt to make this post at least partially ontopic.
This map just looks COOL.
(If I had the internet for it) I would play on one of the 'lower quality' servers just in the hope of seeing something like this - although I'd probably be there anyway, knowing my skills :P
Nice map, currently downloading.

ANOTHER EDIT: That download site is really confusing!
Thanks given by:
That website wasn't confusing....or maybe it was the fact that I have ABP, idk.
Map looks great man!
Thanks given by:
(23 May 12, 01:25PM)Frogulis Wrote: If you make sure to prepare yourself with the right equipment you might even enjoy yourself.
Answer 1: Lol, right equipment... A drill, a torchlight, one magnifying glass, 1 3ds, and a stapler.
Why? The drill to puncture your head when the effects start to be felt, the torchlight and magnifying glass to search for your brain, now the size of a pea. 1 3ds to be attached to your miniaturized brain, so when brain damage kicks in, it can entertain itself, as your body will not longer be connected to it. The stapler, to close the incision...
Answer 2: Lol, tell me how I change my given human body plox, I want to be Otis B. Driftwood for a day...
Answer 3: There is not such thing as a proper equipment, Im sorry to say. Please, never do psychedelic drugs.
Thanks given by:
Nice to see the right maps are getting the attention they deserve.

ohnowait
Thanks given by:
Woaw! I haven't comment on maps lately (lack of time mainly) but here I must admit that it's a strike...

First of all nice job on the custom textures bit it really does the trick and bring us back some memories of previous out of nowhere games.

I would have appreciate it a little less blockier though like more small slopes/heightfield here and there on some edges and a bit more fluidity in the lightning but other than that I do like it very much.

Another piece of advice there is a little script here by Mr.Floppy and updated by sputnik that gives you nice and clean screenies
Thanks given by:
I like the texture pak, it's crispy.
vermi would 3 tabs be out of line?

ps: \|/ this guy wishes you called it ac_tron or some junk \|/
[Image: kJjuc.jpg]

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE
could you make some tron like skins for the players? one red, and one blue asap.
Thanks given by:
INB4 brightskin filtering
Thanks given by: