Map problem
i made a map on 1.1, and i tried playing it, and a message poped up when i loaded it.

said - sorry, but this map does noty satisfy some quality requisites to be played in multiplayer mode.

so how do i fix that?
Thanks given by:
Probably has something to do with your map having too many wide open areas, there is a new map-density check in 1.1 that checks the basic construction of a map to decide whether or not it is of decent enough quality for multi-player use.

Try adding more solids and making the large areas of your map less large - both in width, height.
Thanks given by:
oo alright, ill check that out, thank you very much.
I changed it, i lowerd ceiling, added more solids and all that, and it still doesnt work :/
Thanks given by:
Check the pick ups... try to let the nades, armors and akimbo far away from each other... the other items, try to let them at least 5 cubes of distance between them... the only exception is health pack, which you can put 2 at a distance of 2 cubes (like the ac_desert well)... on the next update, it will be possible to put clips near each other too (we had an issue with apollo_facility).

The same is valid to the flags... let them at least 30 cubes from each other.

Open Area, Height Value, and Items Distance are the only things the server is checking for now.

EDIT: I am committing now a warning about the items distance... when it appears in the log, you will be able to find the item position using the new command /whereami.
Thanks given by:
I have the same problem with apollo_facility. After four days of lowering heights, removing mapmodels and rebuilding tunnels and shafts I still got the same message.

Not only that it is pretty annoying to start always an own server for testing, the message itself is not real helpfull. So I have to fish in muddy waters all the time.

Also I came to the conclusion that not the map has a quality problem - in my opinion the quality check itself is of less quality (you think that sounds that I am pissed off - you are right).

The next client release should have some offline checks ("compatibility test") as well. Otherwise the mapper will get a big surprise probably.
Thanks given by:
i would check else content after "by" in /mapmsg if you have written proper name :P
Thanks given by:
(10 Aug 10, 12:01PM)Alien Wrote: i would check else content after "by" in /mapmsg if you have written proper name :P

yeah, something like this maybe

function IsMapAllowed ($mapmsg) {
return !(strpos ($mapmsg, "Alien") === true);
}

no, I need only serious answers.
Thanks given by:
If this is Apollo talking, you should fix something fast Brahma!
Thanks given by:
(10 Aug 10, 07:32PM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote:
function IsMapAllowed ($mapmsg) {
return !(strpos ($mapmsg, "Alien") === true);
}
It won't work. Strpos return an integer or false :D

EDIT : and this is a serious answer. :D
Thanks given by: