anyone ever tried...
quickscoping? Was very good in combat arms. hopefully its good in this game! What was your bestest quickscope momment?
Thanks given by:
I don't quick scope I roll like a G and no scope!
Thanks given by:
you cant really quickscope in this game.
Thanks given by:
Combat Arms has the one hit kill snipers so quickscoping on there can make you beastly.
AC's sniper is more balanced, but yes, quickscope 4 life.
Thanks given by:
AC has an anti-quick scope built in, so the quickscoping you see will be much different.
Thanks given by:
Lol. :)
Thanks given by:
Well in other games, including CA, you have a one shot sniper so quickscoping is, as nightmare already said, helpful and makes you pro if you own the technique.

In AC, we don't really quickscope, but we no scope. It's not that much of a difference tho.

To quickscope in other games (again, including CA), you have to develop a feeling for where the middle of your screen is. Then you press both buttons at almost the same time, ofc the scope button (most likely the right mouse button) a little faster.

To no scope in AC, you have to develop a feeling for where the middle of your screen is as well, but instead of pressing both buttons, you only press the fire button, as the sniper bullet goes perfectly straight, ALMOST. Theres also a slight spread on the sniper. So the additional thing you have to learn if you want to no scope, is to be able to handle this slight spread. Therefore you need to develop another feeling
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 12, 01:47AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: AC has an anti-quick scope built in, so the quickscoping you see will be much different.

During the 0,18 first seconds of scoping, the sniper accuracy is the same than in no-scope right?
Thanks given by:
Not quite; it's dynamic, depending on the amount of time you've been scoped.
#define SCOPESETTLETIME 180
int sniperrifle::dynspread()
{
    if(scoped)
    {
        int scopetime = lastmillis - scoped_since;
        if(scopetime > SCOPESETTLETIME)
            return 1;
        else
            return max((info.spread * (SCOPESETTLETIME - scopetime)) / SCOPESETTLETIME, 1);
    }
    return info.spread;
}
It's not linear, but if you 'wait' 90ms, your spread is halved. If you 'wait' 150ms it's 1/6 the unscoped spread, and if you 'wait' 177ms there's no spread. Obviously, waiting a specific number of milliseconds is tricky. I think my maths is right; please correct me if necessary.
Thanks given by:
* VenteX thinks up a simple script that visually shows you when you've reached 100% reduced spread via a crosshair change within the scope. For lulz.
Thanks given by:
a few of my quick scopes are just lucky hardscopes. The rest are intentional.
I'm a hardscoper generally though
Thanks given by:
Draw a dot on the middle of your screen ;)
Thanks given by:
(01 May 12, 09:02PM)jamz Wrote: Obviously, waiting a specific number of milliseconds is tricky.

MykeGregory can.
Thanks given by:
(02 May 12, 11:15AM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(01 May 12, 09:02PM)jamz Wrote: Obviously, waiting a specific number of milliseconds is tricky.

MykeGregory can.
[Image: trollface.jpg]
Youjelly?

EDIT:

Thanks given by:
(01 May 12, 09:02PM)jamz Wrote: I think my maths is right; please correct me if necessary.

The return value is linearly decreasing over SCOPESETTLETIME. Since I haven't read the rest of the code, I'm not sure how that return value affects angular spread so it might still be incorrect to describe the spread decay as linear. To make the return value exponentially approach 1.0, you would need something like:

else
            return max((1.0 + ((info.spread - 1.0) * pow(0.5, scopetime * someConstant))), 1);
Thanks given by:
(03 May 12, 05:39PM)Bloodsport Wrote: The return value is linearly decreasing over SCOPESETTLETIME...
You're absolutely right, of course it is.
Thanks given by:
If you are close enough, (5-15 yds) to another player, i dont ssee how you couldn't quickscope. i quickscope with 3/5 accuracy.
Thanks given by: