Game changing (and therefore probably futile) suggestion:
Hello,

I don't know if I am alone on this, but I dispise people who dance their way out of getting hit. Strafe a little left, a little right, leap once, tap dance... you know the situations. I wish to make a deterent to such dancers.

One relatively simple solution that has been stagnating in my brain for ages is this: When one moves in a direction, the aim is shifted slightly in opposite direction. Moving foreward and backward (and also jumping up and down) would shift the vertical aiming, while left and right would shift the horizontal aiming. Just slightly... slightly.

Mathmatically: Gun_Aim = Mouse_Aim + Player_Speed
Simple.

This way, when standing still or moving steadily in a direction, your aim behaves normaly, but while jumping, wiggling and doing your own version of a visually unimpressive square dance, your aim will be even more sacrificed then it already is, discouraging such silly acts.

This would not discourage movement and assaulting though, as starting to move would shift your aim but not affect your aim if you keep moving in the same direction.

I'm curious to see what response I get, and expect a resounding NO from all you traditionalists out there, but hey...
Thanks given by:
If you can't beat them, join them. Really dude, we aren't going to change this just because you can't aim at people bunny hopping. Simply adapt. If you simply just can't kill them for now, then do the same; jump around and crouch and then jump over him, etc. Don't limit other player's options just cause you can't kill 'em...
Thanks given by:
I do... I do... I'm just so tired of the "dancing" strategy evolving out of every. single. FPS. I. play. You know? Every single one. I'm exausted.
Thanks given by:
Just train more weapon aiming and I guarantee you'll see later that you won't even be getting angry by the dancers. Also realize that when they do that, it helps them dodge the bullets, but shooting you while dancing is hella hard, so since they can't shoot you while doing that, take that as an advantage and take your time to kill them; specially if you have AR or SMG, instead of holding the shooting button trying to shoot them there, tap it to shoot 4-5 bullets per click.
Thanks given by:
(09 Aug 10, 10:11AM)Font Wrote: I do... I do... I'm just so tired of the "dancing" strategy evolving out of every. single. FPS. I. play. You know? Every single one. I'm exausted.

i used to feel like this, ya know "STAY STILL!" but then i started doing it and pwning. well, slightly. now i'm teabagging left right AND centre!
Thanks given by:
If you're tired of such moves, maybe a slower-paced FPS would suit you better, such as Rainbow Six Vegas. The game has much less to do with keyboard skills and more to do with tactics. Also, with a game engine inspired highly by the Quake series, I'm surprised you haven't figured out that strafe-running, bunny hopping and grenade/rifle jumping is somewhere in the top of game-play considerations.
Thanks given by:
I like this game and I usually do quite well at it, but I believe that a game can be made better. Different? Maybe? Just a little? Ah heck. I'm going to bed.

As for unconventionalism in video games these days
... I can only imagine ...
Thanks given by:
wow, if that was changed ac pros would be ac noobs and ac noobs will still be ac noobs...
i vote no change
Thanks given by:
its very hard to kill now with smg, i need pro kill around 10-15 bullets more. Well i want back the old smg , well making the AR so strong isnt fair. Ac Pros gets really ac noobs, and ac noobs stays ac noobs.
Well i really had trouble to beat some guy in 1x1, who i would have beaten in 1.0.4 with around 20 frags in front.
Thanks given by:
If you took just a little bit of time you'd find it easy to adapt. The side-to-side step is easy to counter if you just aim down the middle. And the 1.1.0.1 SMG is FTW.
Thanks given by:
(09 Aug 10, 11:36AM)Elite Wrote: its very hard to kill now with smg, i need pro kill around 10-15 bullets more. Well i want back the old smg , well making the AR so strong isnt fair. Ac Pros gets really ac noobs, and ac noobs stays ac noobs.
Well i really had trouble to beat some guy in 1x1, who i would have beaten in 1.0.4 with around 20 frags in front.

Sounds like you left all armour for him.. armour control is now much more important, vital even in a 1on1. The smg is not as nerfed as you might think.

OP: I would suggest a "tactical simulation" game if you hate to dance.
Thanks given by:
Font: dancing permitted me to survive with 100% health many times, if you like this game learn to "dance" and even more important listen to makke tip.
dancing is very simple, just coordinate your mouse movenent lo look up when you crouch and down when you jump ;)
Thanks given by:
So i assume you have come from a more populuar FPS and now despise the way AC is played,This is Assaultcube its fast paced. what you suggest is a FPS that aims your gun for you? IMO that defeats the purpose of playing.
Thanks given by:
so you want me to stand still while you shoot at me. This isn't the revolutionary war. I am not going to stand in a line with my commrades and have you shoot at me because you want a kill. Just becasue i can out move you and i am sure many more of us can. You want the devs to change the way ac is played because YOU are not winning and YOU can not get so many kills. Then I am hearing people complaing about the smg not enough power. Yeah how about less recoil guys and positive feedback from that.. NOOOO .. of course not. start appreciating what you got. Learn how to shoot them out of the air. Learn how to move so you dont get hit as much..

To everyone else stop your complaining. NO one wants to hear it I am sick of hearing it. Learn to play and adapt learn to love the game for what it is . HAVE FUN... I am just shock at all of these haters on AC. you know if you leave... AC will still be AC..
give it some lave (love)

THANK YOU
Thanks given by:
the only thing that confuses me is the different values taken by the Klevar. but I assumed that the values should vary with the amount of armor. but the difference between 25-50 is unnoticed.

but even so the values are crucial. 100/100 can be equipped to endure the total damage received by a grenade. one side can look good, but this is subjective. If you are in the opposite case will not understand how he can stay alive, and obviously the reaction is because there is little logic.

the fact that there is more armor also attracts players who have intention to survive a gunfight (though perhaps the opponent is something more precise when shooting), and in modes where there are flags, people who are interested in the flag most of all be affected. As someone has said this can be used to handle tactical, but the obligation of having to make armor even if you need a player to be able to kill another that maybe is better dressed I personally find little tactical, simply because the skill is no longer a determining factor, but the amount of armor you wear (and if you had nade campers / spammers, now there are armor whores).

I can understand the annoyance of the snipers on the 3 levels (4, without the relevant value) of the armor, they have lost effectiveness. and players who had the habit of using as a main weapon smg had the confidence to shoot down an enemy with 7-8 shots (100/100/75 takes 11 shots now.) AR clearly has improved (100/100 7 shots if I'm not wrong) but also has generated conflict with the difference between a gun and another.

the changes are quite visible and is not expected to have bad reviews about the new additions that clash with the old values that do not significantly affect the best weapons in the version 1.0.4.

in my opinion there are notable changes and others who move others to negative values, also the wide range of values in the armor so much as the distribution of armor taken much prominence being only a small part of the game. can not tell the players who had the almost unique ability to aim of those who have been only surviving a shootout with a lot of armor. in fact the changes are many and is hard to feel used to them, so cant blame others for their feelings, changes are tough and i'd be an hypocrit ignoring them.
Thanks given by:
With a rather lacking powerup and no weapon pickups, the armour is even more important. Lrn2control.
Thanks given by:
I like the jumping around, as when both players are doing it, sometimes it can get quite intense. And you feel like such a beast when you come out on top.

^my two bits^
Thanks given by:
If you made the game fully realistic if would not have any players.
Americas army is realistic and slow paced at least the old version, it can take 10 minutes to get a kill on some maps.
You should try it, its free also.
Thanks given by:
I would look into some more realism based/sim FPS games, more like Rainbow Six, Counter-Strike, Battlefield series, etc.

AC is just more of arena/Quake styled FPS, in which the dancing around is a major part of the gameplay.
To be honest I felt exactly the same way at first, and I really only played AC because it was free and it ran well on my computer, but I quickly learned to love it and now it's become one of my favorite online games.
Thanks given by:
Just so you people know: Armor can be picked by any player!

You dudes are talking like only your opponent has a change to pick up armor, learn your maps.
I can't tell you how many times I seem dudes running around an leaving armor behind (and not only newbies), if you not smart enough to pick an armor, too bad so sad!

And besides, not getting killed consists in much more than just being armored: taking cover, choosing routes in the map that favor your weapon (i.e, enclosed spaces for shotty, open areas for sniper/carbine), using your weapon kick back to flight the shoot out (for smg and AR) and for sniper: keep in mind that the helmets do not actually protect the head, if you know what I mean ;)

I'm playing 1.1 quite a bit and didn't find it all that hard to adapt...
Thanks given by:
you must take some beers before playing and nobody will hit you, trust me :P
Thanks given by:
haha Alien, that would make you suck :P
Thanks given by:
Ronald_Reagan Wrote:I like the jumping around, as when both players are doing it, sometimes it can get quite intense. And you feel like such a beast when you come out on top.
+1
Thanks given by: