AC home made weapons statistics modifications
Hey Guys,

I am billyumreal, a brazilian trying to improve our amazing game, but this time, without interrupting our programmators.

As they are doing it for our fun, and without our financial support (not yet, but when the time comes, I'll do my part ;)

For noobs (like me), the serve.h file contains the struct guninfo, that contains the weapon statistics. The idea of this thread is that we use our time to try to best modify the guns, and help them creating the best weapons possible to the game, compile the game, test it, then advise in the forums, release executables, etc.

My restrictions are the following:
None.

1 shot snipers are allowed, double barreled shotties, automatic pistols, etc, anything goes. Armor piercing guns, knife throwings, punches, auto shotguns, akimbo smgs, light machineguns... everything.

If moderators have something to tell us, they are always welcome. If good programmers have advise, are welcome too.

God bless us all. But now, lets work!
Thanks given by:
Is that really the best idea?
We already have a Dev team working on waepon balancing.
Thanks given by:
Well, we need to keep in mind that the ideas brainstormed here need to be programmable with AC's engine/code

Curious to see how this thread will turn out. Maybe something crazy-original will come out xD
Thanks given by:
Arrows, Flame thrower, Grenade launcher, Boxing gloves, Lawn mower, Broken beer bottle, Axe, Tire iron, Whip, Chain saw, Plasma gun, a Pen (you know the saying...), a Brick, Spears, Swords, Taser (or is it tazer), Bowling ball, a huge hammer of death, a tree branch, Pepper spray, Tofu, Anvil, Dynamite, Disintegration ray, Swans (yes they have killed humans before), Rabid dog, Pencil eraser (need to erase all of the player to kill them), Pipe wrench

good luck finding a balance with all that stuff.
Thanks given by:
I’ve always thought what AC is really missing is a glove smack! Yes that’s right a glove smack a set of gloves held in front of you to humiliate your opponent, while not a deadly weapon in its self after two slaps to the face the player should die of shame with a suitably witty message. So what say ya mates is this the ultimate humiliation weapon, could a player genuinely show their skill avoiding over powered over used weapons to deliver the killer blow to a players honour :)
Thanks given by:
hahaha Do you think I am your slave, to do what you want???

If you read the description... WE will balance the stuff, test it then send executables...
Here we discuss what might be good. Not random supposed... stuff that you think could hurt someone. (I like the Chainsaw)

About balance: balancing weapons is not a math formule thats connects the universe.
It is making a "Lead Pipe 'n Shield" and a "Portable Cannon" having Pros and Cons and still being both interesting and fun to use against our friends.

And yes, WE'll program the guns and test it ourselves (Little C++ required)

The Dev team gets the beef, we kill the beast.

Got some examples:
Once I mess up with former Cube files, then made a few guns (guninfo stats only, didnt even put a model in it):

Lightmachinegun: 100 rounds per mag. Starts with 0 reserve ammo (100 max reserve ammo), 7 RPS (Rounds per Second). 8000 Millis reload time (Bloody ages)... Poor accuracy, lots of bullets.

Dual Subs: 40 R per mag. Starts with 40 Res ammo (80 Max res ammo), 28 RPS, 3000 Millis reloading. Very poor accuracy. One second earthquake. Very fun to use...

Katana: Countering the knife. 80 Dmg per slash, 800 millis per slash! kills armored bad guys faster... maybe.
Thanks given by:
Make me gloves now! so i may dishonour you...
Thanks given by:
Remembered another one:

The Weapon Butt: For those who use the sniper, dont need to use a knife! (Remember N64 007 vs Goldeneye)

Fist: 20 Dmg, 800 ms per strike, same range as actual knife.
Knife: 50 Dmg, 500 ms per strike.
Rifle butt: 50 Dmg, 800 ms per strike, range +10%!
Katana: 80 Dmg, 800 ms, range +10% too.
This are examples, the Devs will use our brainstorming to better apply to the game.
Of course, its important that everybody help improving the code before passing for them. At least for new coded ones.
Thanks given by:
I think they were joking...
Thanks given by:
billyumreal, AC just won't had any new guns added in the next releases. Sorry, but that's it, the balance is hard as it is, and AC is supposed to be a simple, fast paced game.
Thanks given by:
(23 Apr 12, 08:51PM)billyumreal Wrote: Knife: 50 Dmg, 500 ms per strike.

I like this idea.

Devs: please implement in the next version! \:D
Thanks given by:
(24 Apr 12, 02:05AM)VenteX Wrote:
(23 Apr 12, 08:51PM)billyumreal Wrote: Knife: 50 Dmg, 500 ms per strike.
Devs: please implement in the next version! \:D
Done!!
Thanks given by:
Hey guys,

I am trying to convince the devs that players (like me) want a little more, but to ask them that, i am trying to offer a little more support from players.

If everybody that enters my thread critisize me, I'll close the thread. And will keep doing my part by myself.

I am not sad that a lot of guys come here to kick my balls, I'm just hurt. (Ouch!)

The Devs are always welcome to come here, but the idea of this thread is that something good comes out. Maybe the next AC gun. maybe some kind of a weapon mutator mod (Like Unreal Tournament - My favorite) So players could add their stuff to their servers.

Did you guys ever seen what happened to DOOM??? It became a platform of gamers. I've played Command and conquer renegade in Doom, thru All Out War 2 mod.
I've played CS Source kinda zombie run mod, thru a scary mod over Doom platform.

The world is a little bigger than we think. If we (PLAYERS) have something to add to our amazing game Assault Cube, we should do it.

I am not contesting the skills of the Devs, neither their creativity. I am just uniting others brains to think together, so we can evolve faster and cheaper to the Devs.
Thanks given by:
You may be asking alot out of players in general, there may be a few that would be able to do what you ask but I think the % will be low. The few that can may not want to. Maybe have a poll "What do you know?" and let them vote on which if any language they are best at programming with so you can get an idea of what that % might be. I think the Devs have done a great job so far with the game and this support forum and are on the right track with "keep it simple". Your ideas would be neat but when you add 20, 50 , 500 new weapons things kinda get murky and you will realize that simple is better in some cases.

I wish you the best of luck, sorry I can't help with the programming, I'm not that good with c++, I'm busy, and I'm lazy
Thanks given by:
Everyone who has expressed doubt: please stop. One of the points of having an open-source game is that anyone can take it and change it to however they like. If the improvements they make are good, they can be added to the actual game and everyone benefits. However, we cannot know whether a change will be good or bad without actually implementing that change.
Billyumreal is doing things right: instead of plopping his ideas in the balance thread and saying "get on it, devs" he has provided a clear path for how he and others can contribute to the game. He is advocating action! The next step, of course, is actually following through with said action ;)

Also, for anyone who is about to reply with "I wasn't hating/doubting, I was just <x>", please be assured that I was not talking about you, I was talking about the other guy ;D
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the support.

In fact, I was trying to bring the battle to another space, with some more implemented ideas than the "open discussion thread".
I know the game is minimalist, but balance can be reached with the addition of ideas, not only by taking things out or math balancing of equations.
The add of other FPS game elements is allowed in this thread, like radars, items, super items, gameplay commands, game modes, but lets try to do the coding.
Doubts come only to those who dare to ask. And when doubs come, we discuss the answers here.
Thanks given by:
Wheres my gloves?
Thanks given by:
In your ass.
Thanks given by:
I am trying to put a "Quad-damage" bonus at AC...

The "Full Metal Jacket Clip" or "FMJ Clip", so the weapon auto-reloads and this new clip is armor piercing...
Having little probs here, any help?
Thanks given by:
I know!
How about we swap the recoil of pistol and AR?
Thanks given by:
Has anyone made a mod of the knife that turns it into the Goldeneye slap? It would make me all misty-eyed.
Thanks given by:
(27 Apr 12, 06:43AM)Orynge Wrote: I know!
How about we swap the recoil of pistol and AR?

Pistol sprinting/jumping? O_o
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 12, 03:44AM)RCJD Wrote: ...

Hell yes.
Thanks given by:
To all the losers who will come to this thread to make jokes (or have already) , a big
FUCK YOU, LAME TOSSERS
To billyumreal, you are an example for many players, new and old, to follow.
I don´t know shit about weapon balancing and I get dizzy just thinking about mathematics, but I hope you find some awesome players willing to help.
I wish you the best luck, and want you to know that what you are trying to do is admirable, it shows love for the game, and thats AWESOME!
Thanks given by:
OK, ok, I surrender. I am out.

For all those guys who helped me in this thread: THANK YOU!
For all those guys who not helped me in this thread: F**K YOU!

I though I could have some help, some ideas, some coding tips, but 30 posts, 20 kiddings, 3 weeks, enough. Nobody wants to help. The only guys supporting this thread are those who already work in the game. All the others are here just for the joy of "intelligent people discussing precise information"...

I'll try to do some here, by myself, but I'll not be on the forums anymore.

This thread will close.
Moderators, please, close this thread.
Thanks given by:
(04 May 12, 12:37PM)billyumreal Wrote: This thread will close.
Moderators, please, close this thread.
Thanks given by: