Is my friend rangebanned? [SOLVED]
Hey!
As the subject says, I suspect that my friend is rangebanned.

He has been getting the error message "masterserver not replying" for a while now. Firewall(s) are off and he is using 1.1.0.4. He didn't have these problems before, and I don't think he did change anything related to this.

We tried connecting to {TyD}Fairfax today (and some other servers), but he got the message that he was banned. This got me thinking that this was definitely a rangeban, but then after a couple of tries he got in, for some reason, but when he disconnected he was unable to join again. There is a wireless network in the area, but he made sure WiFi was turned off, and the same thing happened again.
He has dynamic IP since he is using a mobile broadband (via 3G), but I don't think that was the thing that enabled him to join. Even though the IP's were wildly different (as seen below), the same problem appeared.

That was the first thing that got me a bit confused. The other thing was that his IP changed wildy when resetting his mobile broadband, and that he had the same problem with all of these.

90.129.x.x 77.219.x.x 83.189.x.x 90.129.x.x

We only tried resetting a couple of times, but we got two in the same range. He told me he had WiFi turned off. Is it normal that mobile broadbands and/or dynamic IP's change this much? Is it possible that the IP's he got is common and rangebanned mobile-broadband-IP's? Seems strange to me.
Edit: After looking these IP's up I saw that they were (common) IP's for Tele2's mobile broadbands, the operator my friend was using.

It would be nice if someone (jamz?) could check if these IP's (90.129.x.x might be the most important range I guess) is affected by a rangeban. If not I guess we have to take a very good look at his broadband and computer/client.
Thanks in advance! :)
/applecake
Thanks given by:
you should just ask through a pm instead of making a thread
Thanks given by:
Or he could ask everyone. It wasn't targeted at one person. He mentioned jamz because he knew jamz could help. There is also the fact that it seems ok (not making any judgements on if it is ok) because there are plenty of other threads like this on the forums already.
Thanks given by:
Sorry if I was a bit unclear. I was going to send it by PM to jamz first, but then I realized some other guys might also have nice technicals tips, information and answers. I have read many of the other threads too, but did not find a solution.
Thanks given by:
Its cool! See what it says under Habluka´s name? Thats cause he says things in a particular manner, no need to be sorry! Good luck with getting your friend connected!
Thanks given by:
This is a range ban, covering this player. I will PM you more details.
Thanks given by: