Windows 7 epic GFX lag
In short:

Played AC in windowed at 60fps in Vista.

Install 7
Install AC
FPS 7
Change to windowed 800x600
Lowest everything
GFX updated
Disabled f.lux
Changed power mode to High Performance
Still FPS 7

Wat do?
Thanks given by:
Update the graphics driver in the device manager.
Thanks given by:
(18 Apr 12, 07:25PM)Lightning Wrote: GFX updated
(18 Apr 12, 07:47PM)macm Wrote: Update the graphics driver in the device manager.
ಠ_ಠ

Did you try running AssaultCube full screen? Aero can be pretty odd at times.
Thanks given by:
Like macm has stated, it's probably a gfx driver issue.

I had this problem on just about every windows version.

Does it start out normal high, then shoot downwards quickly?
Thanks given by:
Maybe its a RAM issue, 7 needs more than Vista.
Thanks given by:
I thought they required like the same 0.O
Thanks given by:
Windows 7 often installs microsoft versions of your graphics card driver as has been said here already you need to update it. Do not go to system and update it there! Go directly to the web site of your graphics card manufacturer and load the drivers from there, I am willing to bet that resolves the problem.

On a side issue 60fps really? there are many really cheap graphics card that will get you into the 150-200 range, i would recomend the ATI Radeon HD5450 its cheap (less than £30) and will give great performance and is built for Windows 7, there are many other too, far too many to mention but there you go....
Thanks given by:
(19 Apr 12, 07:53AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: Windows 7 often installs microsoft versions of your graphics card driver as has been said here already you need to update it. Do not go to system and update it there! Go directly to the web site of your graphics card manufacturer and load the drivers from there, I am willing to bet that resolves the problem.
This.
You can check if you have the Microsoft driver by opening AC and looking at the console window, look for where it says "Renderer: ..."
It'll have "GDI Generic (Microsoft Corporation)" or something similar if you have the MS driver.
Thanks given by:
(19 Apr 12, 07:53AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: On a side issue 60fps really? there are many really cheap graphics card that will get you into the 150-200 range, i would recomend the ATI Radeon HD5450 its cheap (less than £30) and will give great performance and is built for Windows 7, there are many other too, far too many to mention but there you go....
He might be on a laptop though :)
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it starts of at 30 and drops to 7 in under 5 seconds.

@Frogulis: It's running the Microsoft Driver, but I don't know why because I just updated my graphics driver last week. I'm going to try doing it again though.

Thenks gais. Will report back.

Okay, HP doesn't offer Windows 7 drivers for the C700/C770TU and the Intel site says they're up to date. Wat do?
Thanks given by:
I had a similar problem with the latest display drivers for my Radeon card. I can't guarantee this'll work for you, but I'd give it a go anyway:

Search for 'Change Device Installation Settings' in the start menu. Pick the option "No, let me choose what to do' and check "Never install driver software from Windows Update".

After this, uninstall your drivers as you normally would and then go to Device Manager. From there, you expand the 'Display adapters' section, right click 'Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family Video/Graphics Driver' (I'm assuming that's what you have at the moment), and click Uninstall.

I'd also recommend using this to clear anything else related to those drivers from your computer:

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

Reboot your computer, and install these drivers for win7 (found this with a quick google search, so try it at your own risk):

http://laptop-driver.blogspot.co.uk/2010...river.html

Actually, you should probably just get it directly from Intel.

HTH.
Thanks given by:
Well with 60 fps he probably has vsync enabled.

But, you cant just install the intel driver software of a site like the geforce ones?
Thanks given by:
(19 Apr 12, 09:26AM)tempest Wrote:
(19 Apr 12, 07:53AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: On a side issue 60fps really? there are many really cheap graphics card that will get you into the 150-200 range, i would recomend the ATI Radeon HD5450 its cheap (less than £30) and will give great performance and is built for Windows 7, there are many other too, far too many to mention but there you go....
He might be on a laptop though :)

I'm on a 12" notebook and I get more than 60 fps :P
Thanks given by: