Skymaps for mac
Hey mac users...when you make maps, how do you set a skymap? I've been reading the docs but can't make any sense of them. I think they're more "pc-oriented" Suggestions?
Thanks given by:
Not sure what you mean about pc oriented, but maybe look in a map's .cfg at this section:

Quote:// The skymap for this map. You can change this by commenting the one below, and then uncommenting one of your choosing
// Alternatively, you can add your own into "packages/textures/skymaps" and use it as below.

//loadsky "textures/skymaps/steini/steini4" // This skymap is now "disabled"

// loadsky "textures/skymaps/steini/steini2"
// loadsky "textures/skymaps/steini/steini3"
// loadsky "textures/skymaps/makke/rocky"
// loadsky "textures/skymaps/makke/mountain"
// loadsky "textures/skymaps/iceflow/iceflow"
// loadsky "textures/skymaps/ladynighthawk/inhcanyons1"
// loadsky "textures/skymaps/socksky/nightball"
// loadsky "textures/skymaps/socksky/grave"
loadsky "textures/skymaps/kothic/atsea" // This skymap is "enabled"
loadsky "file path to specific skymap folder" // for example: textures/skymaps/kothic/atsea and not a specific file within the target skymap folder, because a specific skymap folder is composed of 5 different images..
Thanks given by:
terragen is a common program for skymap making, and it is available for Mac.
Thanks given by:
ok....after looking at how to set up the config file a little more, i think i know how to do it...

ok so i set the "nightball" skymap in my default_map_settings.cfg ...it seems to be working but will it still work if I play it on a public server? how would i package this?
Thanks given by:
You create a new .cfg file (copy+paste default_map_settings.cfg into it) with the same name as your map file. Then just put your skymap info in that.
When you send the map to a server it sends the .cfg as well, and if you want to package it simply include both the .cgz and .cfg files.
Thanks given by:
i know but where do i put the config file? do i just make a new folder on my desktop, type <mapname>.cfg, copy and paste and it's all good? i tried that but it didnt work. (sorry im kinda new to this whole config thing)
Thanks given by:
Config file just goes in the same directory as the .cgz
Thanks given by:
:D thx
Thanks given by: