[Image: makke_3.jpg]

[Image: makke_4.jpg]

What to to about this NOOB????

Partial ip's:
2.97.19.x
78.150.30.x

Download pictures here: http://www.shad-99.org/rwdownload/index.php?dlid=78
Thanks given by:
You didn't show him impersonating anyone. It's not even the same name.
Thanks given by:
makkE and Makke sounds the same, isnt but would you like someone playing as maeL ?

I wouldnt appreciate someone playing as robticS and definately be contacting that guy. imo this can be considered impersionating but he should just be contacted if possible ... as long as he doenst claim to be makkE ;)
Thanks given by:
(15 Apr 12, 03:01PM)Robtics Wrote: would you like someone playing as maeL ?

I wouldn't care. I don't own my name and neither do you. You have a false sense of entitlement to your name because you think you used it first.

Even if you can provide logs of you connecting to the first server ever run you haven't proved someone is impersonating you because they use a similar name.
Thanks given by:
Is makke an actual name or made up? It could be his actual name.
Thanks given by:
Next time just makke a blacklist report

:D
Thanks given by:
*applause.jpg*
Brilliant.
Thanks given by:
There are about 10 billion wolfs. Many people us the same names. I don't consider it impersonating unless he is wearing a clan tag that does not belong to him.
Thanks given by:
WTF BOB MARLEY STOLE MY NAME FOR ONE OF HIS MUSIC !!!! BLACKLIST HIM NOW !!!
Thanks given by:
For example, and as far as I know, there are three MuadDibs around; one spanish (me) , one french and one being an USA citizen.
But Muad´Dib is the name given to Paul Atreides, a fairly common name appearing in various books and a film by David Linch.
Its good I use {CoE} and KA (kicks ass XD)in my name, but I get that it can be annoying and there are lots of 40+ fakers as well, so I understand shad-99´s position.
Just ask him to remove next time and ban him in your server shad, ill do the same in mine, you are the best man! XD
Thanks given by:
People are free to name them how they want. Only clan tag are protected for obvious reasons. There is many Edward playing assaultcube and I do not spam the BL thread because I think they are impersonators. I bet I was not the first to name me Edward and I bet I am not the last. Some people are now asking me if I am MyS. Lol mystered it is becoming quite embarrassing for me :p

(15 Apr 12, 05:51PM)Mael Wrote:
(15 Apr 12, 03:01PM)Robtics Wrote: would you like someone playing as maeL ?
I wouldn't care. I don't own my name and neither do you.
This
Thanks given by:
It's probably the usual thing of people reading names in the map messages and then using that as their own name. Obviously anyone should be able to figure that's not a good idea, but why don't you just tell them nicely? Same for clan tag fakers, actually - some of them may not even know what a clan tag is or means, and just use one because they like it.
On the other hand, there are people who actually tell everyone that they're Makke/Floppy/... and "made this map". That's a different category.
Thanks given by:
(15 Apr 12, 07:16PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Next time just makke a blacklist report

:D
[Image: 1293778240591.gif]
EDIT: Would the real makkE even be seen dead in that map?
Thanks given by:
(16 Apr 12, 03:56PM)tempest Wrote: It's probably the usual thing of people reading names in the map messages and then using that as their own name.

This. I have been using names like DogDancing and RandumKiwi for not knowing they were real players...
Thanks given by:
(16 Apr 12, 05:17PM)MykeGregory Wrote: EDIT: Would the real makkE even be seen dead in that map?
No, he'd have fragged them all \:D
Thanks given by:
I disagree to some extent about the name issue. While I rarely have a problem with tag impersonators I feel that a name is your personal gateway to awesomeness. It's who you are and it represents you. I wouldn't mid a name I'd just started running sure, but if someone decided to play as another MorganKell? Maybe put a space in between, or all lower case? I wouldn't like it one bit. I am MorganKell first and foremost, that was my original nick and it symbolizes who I am. Even without my tags I'd still be MorganKell. While I wouldn't go through the trouble of trying to annihilate someone who did take my nick I'd certainly put them on Kell's Big Bad List of FU.
Thanks given by:
The fact is, makkE is a personal nickname he earned when he was a child. This person probably chose it from a map or something.

Though Makke is used as a nickname for Marcus.
Thanks given by: