Lan Server Related Question: Claiming Admin Status
As the title says, it is a lan server related question.
The situation is, I can never connect as admin in the LAN server, whether I connect using the menu or the command line.

I tried both the password given in server autoconfigured and the serverpwd.cfg file simultaneously, but none worked.

It tried to connect. It disconnected. And then it connected as user.

Example Screenshots:

using the Menu:
[Image: conect10.jpg]

Using the commandLine:

[Image: connec11.jpg]

here is the server_autoconfigured.bat files code:
bin_win32\ac_server.exe -n"lords warzone" -o"IITDU RULES!!" -c16 -T -x123 -Pasr -D2
pause

And here is the serverpwd.cfg file:

// list of additional server admin passwords
// WARNING: You can NOT use CubeScript in here!!
// one password per line

// Use the following scheme...
// password [denyadmin]
// optional: if denyadmin is set to '1', the password can only be used to connect to the server in case of ban, not to claim admin

Can someone please help me? I tried my best finding the solution reading the readme.html provided. But I can't find the solution.

EDIT:

I tried without using any password under the serverpwd.cfg file (that is, no editing done there) as well. But I could not connect.
Thanks given by:
Try using a password that isn't all numbers.
Thanks given by:
tried with 123asd. does not work.

but i don't think it has anything to do with password strength. even "1" worked with with the previous 1.04 version.
Thanks given by:
It's been established, by Panda, myself, and a few others, that the connectadmin command is experiencing some technical difficulties currently.
Thanks given by:
(08 Aug 10, 09:16PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: It's been established, by Panda, myself, and a few others, that the connectadmin command is experiencing some technical difficulties currently.

So I am not the only one then :D I will be waiting for the fix :D :D
Thanks given by:
It should be fixed in 1.1.0.1 ^^ (so go get it already).
Thanks given by:
has to be capital "X" not "x" as in -X123 not -x123. fail. maybe on my part XD
Thanks given by:
(09 Aug 10, 03:42PM)Gibstick Wrote: It should be fixed in 1.1.0.1 ^^ (so go get it already).
Good to know :D :D I noticed the new version out in the sourceforge. But at that time, I could not find the changelog.. So was hesitating about downloading it.

Edit:

Quote:The admin connect fix appears to still not be working though, and linux users with libjpeg.so.8 still need to use the work-around I described on the last release-thread.

Oops... Erm... It is not fixed.. So.. how can i connect as admin bypassing this flaws? Is not there ANY way excluding the commandline and menu one?

(09 Aug 10, 04:17PM)JGAN Wrote: has to be capital "X" not "x" as in -X123 not -x123. fail. maybe on my part XD
The help file says:
DaReadmeHTMLFILE Wrote:-xM Sets the admin password. If you don't want your commandline to contain the password, or if you need more than one admin password, use the file "config/serverpwd.cfg".
-Xf Sets the admin password file. The default is -Xconfig/serverpwd.cfg

^_^
Thanks given by:
flowtron Wrote:The admin connect fix appears to still not be working though
Thanks given by:
Oops.
Thanks given by:
well, -X always worked for me! >_<
Thanks given by:
D:
* V-Man hax JGAN's server
Thanks given by:
wow thanks. /connect fscpwnage.servegame.com
Thanks given by:
Just kidding, can't until connectadmin is fixed.
BTW, get longer admin passwords.
Thanks given by:
:| erm... all the players in my lan are in a single room :p So.. it is not exactly mandatory to use longer pass.
Thanks given by:
As long as you don't invite me to your LAN party. :-P
Thanks given by:
You guys all fail for not telling me about something called /setadmin -_-!

And there I was thinking that there is no way i can join a server using admin status :/
Thanks given by:
LMAO
O_o
Thanks given by:
lol actually that just came to me when i was re reading this thread XD
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 10, 08:31PM)lordamit Wrote: You guys all fail for not telling me about something called /setadmin -_-!

And there I was thinking that there is no way i can join a server using admin status :/

You didnt ask.
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 10, 03:15AM)DrauL Wrote:
(04 Sep 10, 08:31PM)lordamit Wrote: You guys all fail for not telling me about something called /setadmin -_-!

You didnt ask.

You fail with extra credits for not thinking OOB and thus remembering the descriptions:

connectadmin N O P
Connects to a server and tries to claim admin state.

setadmin B PASS
Claims or drops admin status.

See? Claim!!! :P
Thanks given by:
Quote:I can never connect as admin in the LAN server
Quote:And there I was thinking that there is no way i can join a server using admin status :/
connectadmin is the only ident that should be able to do this, in the sense that "connecting as admin" or "using admin status" means to connect despite a temp ban, mastermode 1 or 2, full server, etc., claiming admin after connecting. There is not a workaround to those particular forms of connecting as admin; what you've just now suggested is a workaround for the part after you connect, where you claim admin -- which only works if you happened to get in.
alias connect_admin [
(alias mapstartonce [setadmin 1 $arg3]);
(connect $arg1 $arg2)]
//connect_admin [IP] [PORT] [PASSWORD]
Use just like connectadmin. This solves the main part of the problem you described, but will fail under conditions that require the genuine connectadmin.
(Written at work, did not get to test this.)
Thanks given by:
I've had problems connecting admin on lan connections. I thought it was cuz I was connecting on the same machine, then I realized that I probably was doing something wrong. So I stopped trying.
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 10, 10:52PM)DES|V-Man Wrote:
Quote:I can never connect as admin in the LAN server
Quote:And there I was thinking that there is no way i can join a server using admin status :/
connectadmin is the only ident that should be able to do this, in the sense that "connecting as admin" or "using admin status" means to connect despite a temp ban, mastermode 1 or 2, full server, etc., claiming admin after connecting. There is not a workaround to those particular forms of connecting as admin; what you've just now suggested is a workaround for the part after you connect, where you claim admin -- which only works if you happened to get in.
alias connect_admin [
(alias mapstartonce [setadmin 1 $arg3]);
(connect $arg1 $arg2)]
//connect_admin [IP] [PORT] [PASSWORD]
Use just like connectadmin. This solves the main part of the problem you described, but will fail under conditions that require the genuine connectadmin.
(Written at work, did not get to test this.)

People don't get my joke these days -_-!
Oh well, Thank you V :)
I have not tested it out yet, but will ASAP :)

here, have a cookie.
Thanks given by:
[Image: Cookie_Monster.jpg]
OM NOM NOM
This is why I do what I do.
Thanks given by:
hi
hello to all
Thanks given by: