Can't connect
Hey I was playing fine about a month ago, then all the sudden I can only access about 4 or 5 servers! I tried refreshing the list, but it doesn't help. I used to have all the servers, but now only 4-5. To my knowledge I have not been banned or anything. What can I do to reconnect?

Thanks,
SpacecowboyE9
Thanks given by:
Well if the servers to which you canĀ“t connect appear in a greyish color, then that means a blacklist entry.
You should contact the server owners to appeal the ban or get a pass.
You might have fallen in a range ban, or maybe your cat cheated in the game, (jk), or maybe you insulted the wrong guy last time you played...
Look if your IP shows here:
TyD blacklist
Or post here:
Bob blacklist appeal
Thanks given by:
Thanks, I checked the list, and I'm not on there. This is a photo of what I'm seeing:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3626041/Picture%201.png

It's like they are not loading properly. I have talked to my friends, and they said that they have many more that are "open" and not "empty". This is the change I was talking about. The list of "playables" about a month ago was almost a full page long, and it still is for my friends. Does that make sense?
Thanks given by:
Is taht picture taken right nao?
This is how mine looks like, and it does seem like there might be a problem!
http://i.imgur.com/mjloi.jpg
But im a total n00b regarding this kind of issues, just wait until someone else clarifies the situation!
Edit: It might be that at that very moment there were just those little people playing, check it out again and confirm!
Thanks given by:
I can't see an obvious AC problem here. You're getting the server list, but some of the servers are not responding to your client's request for server info. My guess is it's just a temporary problem that might go away on its own.

I'm not very helpful, am I? :D
Thanks given by:
Thanks for trying man! It's been like this for about a month, and when I log on to play with my friends, they say that they have more (in the same moment), just like your screenshot.
Opps, sorry didn't see your reply jamz. If that's the case, then MOST of the servers are not responding to the client's request.
Thanks given by:
Well, Id say to re-install AC to see if it helps, nothing else comes to my mind!
BTW, one of the servers that does answer to you is mine! Its called Dune/Arrakis, hop on in to have some gema fun! XD
Thanks given by:
Think of anything you changed when the problem started. Moved house? Changed ISP? New modem or router? Reset modem or router?

Try powercycling modem and/or router -- unplug both, leave for full minute, plug them in. Afterward if you cannot get online and don't know how to fix, just reboot computer. Then see what happens. Always some change with this.

Try disabling modem and/or router firewall just for grins, because they cause mystery problems like this.
Thanks given by:
Hm, we did get a new router (adsl) about two weeks ago...
I tried powercycling and firewall adjusting on my computer to no avail. I'll see if I can't access the router's firewall, but the install cd isn't compatible with my computer (Mac). Thanks for the ideas!
Thanks given by:
You should never need an "install CD" to do anything with a router. What brand/model is it? In Mac OS you can find the router's address by doing "netstat -rn | grep default" in a terminal. You can then browse to the address found to access configuration.

The ISP's router/modem theoretically shouldn't interfere with AC client, but I have had many odd issues including ones with AC caused by those devices' firewalls, so disabling them is always a good test.
Thanks given by:
XAVI 7968 Movistar.

Jack, can you guide me through the process? I'll do the terminal command now.
Thanks given by: