AC 1.1 Menu Patch (Sort of)
Okay!
Sorry for not getting around to this sooner. After reviewing the problems listed by forum members, and looking at the menus in-game, I used some troubleshooting and came up with some fixes, some script workarounds, and some useful information.

Click this link and unzip the config folders into your AC 1.1.0.0 config folder, replacing the old ones.
http://baconbukz.co.cc/up/uploads/AC_110..._fixes.zip

Now stop saying 1.1 is full of bugs and glitches and old people's teeth or whatever you've been saying.

____________________________FIXES____________________________

- Crosshairs menu typo fixed (thanks Gibstick)

- Voicecom: voicecomver alias and menuitem commented out (voicecom menu version should be edited in cfg file directly)... Sorry, Gibby... It is really nifty and I can almost get it to work, but saved.cfg is executed before the menu cfg files, and this makes it impossible for the menu files to read any saved aliases...

- Voicecom: Extra voicecom registersound indices accounted for in mute menu

- Misc menu: (applecake) Misc settings unknown command fixed (it was treating [ ] ("alias voicecomver [ ]") as a command).

- in-game menu: (Apollo{TyD}) playermodel being shown on unexpected menu hovers fixed.

- jamz, JGAN, and pwnage{TyD}: loading an empty map in single player has been fixed ("callvote 7" starts in packages directory by default now). ***flowtron is committing a fix to this. When you next update AssaultCube, you'll want this to go back to default.

- mykegregory and RandumKiwi: "bilinear 0" has been removed from menus_settings.cfg to avoid pixellation of textures.

______________________AUTOEXEC SOLUTIONS______________________

- Panda: put voicecomsounds 0 in autoexec.cfg -- it isn't one of the variables examined and passed on by writecfg. But yes, hearing your own voicecoms when this is 0 is a bug.

- Matasar: Until the devs change the default gamma (currently 100), you may want to put gamma 200 in your autoexec.

- Chill: put
setfont v104
in your autoexec.cfg file.

- Matasar: No, weapon switching cannot happen unless a button is being pressed.
alias checkattack [if (= (magcontent (curweapon)) 0) [if (= (magreserve (curweapon)) 0) [shiftweapon -1] [reload]] [attack]]
bind "MOUSE1" [checkattack]
or however you used the other one. Now you have to click again to change weapons when your ammo is out. Just a tiny bit slower that way.

- |BC|Wolf: to have the minimap look like it did in 1.0.4, put in autoexec.cfg:
showmapbackdrop 0
This will also make it look that way:
showmapbackdroptransparency 100

- LeeZH: Clan tags using brackets will need to be placed in autoexec.cfg to work around the limited methods of saved.cfg's automated script writing.
name "[aCKa]Ki113R"
But you're right, the devs could fix this in the source code.

- IAF|@cid: Try putting your "showscores 1" bind in autoexec.cfg instead of typing it in the command prompt in-game.

__________________________INFO______________________________

- Coma: has your "option" button worked for other keybinds before? Does binding your scope command to another key work?

- Ducksong: in-game, type /findsens and use the number keys to figure out what sensitivity you prefer.

- Ducksong: Were you trying to open an official or otherwise "secure" map for coop editing? You shouldn't edit those anyway!

- |BC|Wolf: When using texreduce -1, the game checks to see how reduced the texture can become. Some textures can't compress in that special way and so are left alone. From texture.cpp:
if(canreduce && texreduce)
    {
        if(texreduce==-1)
        {
            w = 2;
            h = 2;
        } ...

- Lumpaz: From looking at the code, you'd think nades would go over shoulders. But trying it on bots, it bounces off the air above the shoulders. :/

- Mael: getdemo 1 review\blacklist; getdemo 2 fun\matches (you'll need to have the subfolders in demos\ made before using them in-game.)

- jAcKrOcK: I can't reproduce your bug (hearing a voicecom when using the knife). You said you use Mac?

- 1.0.4 vs. 1.1 config files sharing same directory: Just uninstall 1.0.4 and put all the important files aside.

- Buckoman: regarding the kick/ban menu:
the Devs Wrote:// only noobish vote abusers use this, if you really want it, just uncomment

- |BC|Wolf: I'll fix the documentation for scopefov (max is 60, not 50) in the 1.1 docs when I do those.

- Luc@s: blood and scorch seem to enable, but they don't show up on heightfields. GeneralDisarray might know the variables that govern this (probably polygonoffsetfactor and polygonoffsetunits -- but I can't find any useful values).

- saved.cfg is executed first, then autoexec.cfg is executed. The menu config files are executed before either of these.
Thanks given by:
See how easy it is to fix AssaultCube? With only 5 payments of $55.59 (CAD).
Thanks given by:
Thanks for this (I would call it "Service Pack 1").

Don't expect that the critics about the - imo too early published - 1.1 release will stop now. It looks for me that the hunt for bugs has just started. But this will help many ppl - and at least the devs.
Thanks given by:
HooRay for open source!
Thanks given by:
Thanks
now fix ac_client :o
Thanks given by:
I still miss my smg recoil.
Thanks given by:
Great job! :)
Thanks given by:
um, by the way... we are going to be re-releasing a 1.1 bug-fix release.
Thanks given by:
Really awesome! V-Man (and co-workers) for president!
Thanks given by:
- Voicecom: voicecomver alias and menuitem commented out (voicecom menu version should be edited in cfg file directly)... Sorry, Gibby... It is really nifty and I can almost get it to work, but saved.cfg is executed before the menu cfg files, and this makes it impossible for the menu files to read any saved aliases...
What if you did exec config/saved.cfg in menus? lolwut way to $#&@ up your game.
Thanks given by:
Really nice work!
Good job from you, i hope you get cloned.
Thanks given by:
(09 Aug 10, 07:30AM)R4zor Wrote: What if you did exec config/saved.cfg in menus? lolwut way to $#&@ up your game.

You effing genius.
That worked.
I had to spill saved.cfg over into menus.cfg in order to avoid having the "GFX settings apply" dialog pop up each game start... But it preserves the alias for the menus!
GG, buddy.
Anyone who wants the newly-modified menus can get them here:
http://baconbukz.co.cc/up/uploads/Menus_...nks_R4.zip

BTW: The in-game admin menu (menus_multiplayer.cfg) still had that playermodel bug. :( I fixed that in this version as well.
Thanks given by:
I've seen that /nextmap command isn't working in new release 1.1.01 :(.
Can it be fixed by an script? I think it will need recompile because the alias is wrong, when i execute it, 'unknown command ac_aqueous' message is displayed. Anyway good work everybody
Thanks given by:
- IAF|@cid: Try putting your "showscores 1" bind in autoexec.cfg instead of typing it in the command prompt in-game.

I tried it says "unknown command showscores" is command changed please help.
Thanks given by:
bind "LALT" [showscores 1; onrelease [showscores 0]]
Or, if you like a toggle instead of an onrelease:
scoretogglecheck = 0
alias "scoretoggle" [ if (= $scoretogglecheck 0) [
    (showscores 1);
    (alias "scoretogglecheck" 1)][
    (showscores 0);
    (alias "scoretogglecheck" 0)]]

@Vall:
:/ Maybe try the command "setnext" [mode] [map]
Thanks given by:
DES|V-Man - how do you like this?
_tb = [ result (mod (+ $arg1 1) 2) ]
_stc = 0
scoretoggle = [
    _stc = (_tb $_stc)
    showscores $_stc
]
bind LSUPER scoretoggle
But quite apart from that - what's wrong with TAB (the default key to toggle scores) and why did you pick LALT, the default key to toggle showmap??
Thanks given by:
Ty V-Man its working now :)
Thanks given by:
V-man = legend
Thanks given by:
(10 Aug 10, 11:01AM)flowtron Wrote: DES|V-Man - how do you like this?
_tb = [ result (mod (+ $arg1 1) 2) ]
_stc = 0
scoretoggle = [
    _stc = (_tb $_stc)
    showscores $_stc
]
bind LSUPER scoretoggle
But quite apart from that - what's wrong with TAB (the default key to toggle scores) and why did you pick LALT, the default key to toggle showmap??
does he really have to answer ?
Thanks given by:
D:
Actually... Mine is bound to TAB.
Uhm. I have no conscious recollection of choosing LALT for that post...
XD

also:
Modulo! Ah! Too bad I'm too dumb to think of modulo. Never really learned its use in school. My teachers called it "remainder" and we treated it like a stinky diaper.
Anyway, the scoretoggle I posted is from when I was a noob. Go figure.
Thanks given by:
(08 Aug 10, 02:38PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: - LeeZH: Clan tags using brackets will need to be placed in autoexec.cfg to work around the limited methods of saved.cfg's automated script writing.
name "[aCKa]Ki113R"
But you're right, the devs could fix this in the source code.

FugBixed: http://actiongame.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...00&r2=5625

You won't have this problem in the next release.
Thanks given by:
<3 RK you da man! :D
Thanks given by: