Server Ladders
How would one go about making a server ladder?
Thanks given by:
1. Learn coding
2. Parse your server logs through your newly developed log-parsing software and output the results to a pretty website.
3. ???
4. Profit!
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 12, 02:04PM)jamz Wrote: 4. Profit!
?
* paulmuaddibKA runs to learn coding... XD
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 12, 01:06PM)|EXP|KillaZ Wrote: How would one go about making a server ladder?
That's right, learn coding. The simple fact 'you asking for this' means that you're not able to 'make' a ladder.
Take the easy way, build an ac server and contribute with it on BoB or TyD ladder.
Thanks given by:
[YMH]Fiz made a php script that is a good starting point for the database side of a ladder, but it still needs alot of coding to make an actual ladder from it. Find it @

https://github.com/digitalfiz/acRunner

EDIT: Altho we found that this script will only work on linux servers.
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 12, 02:04PM)jamz Wrote: 1. Learn coding
2. Parse your server logs through your newly developed log-parsing software and output the results to a pretty website.
3. ???
4. Profit!

Am I the only one who did not understand well the third step? :p
Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 12, 04:31AM)Edward Wrote:
(03 Apr 12, 02:04PM)jamz Wrote: 1. Learn coding
3. ???
4. Profit!

Am I the only one who did not understand well the third step? :p

Jamz was making a reference to a South Park episode.

Episode Plot
Thanks given by:
When you say 'coding', do you mean programming in languages like java or C? or scripting in languages like PHP?
Thanks given by:
PHP would be one of the more ideal tools for this, as it has well-developed features for database interaction. You could theoretically do it with just about any language (or maybe combination of languages, if some lack needed features), but I'd think the easiest (at no significant cost to efficiency) way is a single tool that will read the logs, extract and process the desired data, write it to a database, and stick it all into a web page; i.e., PHP and similar.
Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 12, 10:11AM)Jack Wrote: PHP would be one of the more ideal tools for this, as it has well-developed features for database interaction. You could theoretically do it with just about any language (or maybe combination of languages, if some lack needed features), but I'd think the easiest (at no significant cost to efficiency) way is a single tool that will read the logs, extract and process the desired data, write it to a database, and stick it all into a web page; i.e., PHP and similar.

Thanks Jack, you make a lot of sense there.

I was just curious because the idea of having a ladder seemed like a good way to get a community involved and compete in a fun way.
Thanks given by: