Admin pass not working
bin_win32\ac_guiserver.exe -n"\f1DESEKRATORS'S \f4REASONABLY \f3F\f0U\f2N \f4SERVER" -o"\f1Do Enjoy" -c14 -xfakepassword -f28763 pause
That is my server autoconfigured bat file. Since I've started using the gui the setadmin command doesnt work on my server. I also put the password on its own line likes this
password
in the server password file, but that doesnt work either?
Thanks given by:
In serverpwd.cfg, add:
password 0

0 = can claim admin
1 = only to connect if you are in a rangeban.

Why are you using f28763?
Default ports are 28763 and 28764.
If you arent running 2 servers on same machine/IP i dont think you need that.
Only on server #2 to set different ports then the default.

Setting Up a Server

-xM Sets the admin password. If you don't want your commandline to contain the password, or if you need more than one admin password, use the file "config/serverpwd.cfg".
-Xf Sets the admin password file. The default is -Xconfig/serverpwd.cfg
Command-line arguments
Thanks given by:
The only thing I can think to add to what OpenSource said is make sure your using the admin command correctly.

to claim admin:
/setadmin 1 fakepassword

to drop admin:
/setadmin 0
Thanks given by:
it comes up in the GUI that it is reading the passwords, which is the most frustrating thing. If only it was as simple as Im typing the /setadmin command wrong every time
Thanks given by:
Arf, you are using GUI...

If you are looking at players via GUI and need to kick someone, just kick them.
You are already admin.
Thanks given by:
yes but if i want to become admin while im playing in it id rather do it just by typing the command rather than looking at the GUI, if this is at all possible. Also Im not sure in GUI how to remove admin from a player once ive given it to them in gui?
Thanks given by:
I dont remember 100% but i think i could not give admin to someone via GUI.
Removing it i didnt test.
I use Linux so it could be cos of that.

If you add password to serverpwd.cfg (config folder) it should work when you play.
I have personally never tested it with commandline.

And i have no idea about Windows anymore, so i feel its best for me to leave it up to Win users to answer.
Thanks given by:
Are you using Windows XP? IF so, this is a bug which cannot be fixed.

X-Ray_Dog said:
Quote:"Its a bug for Windows XP computer operating systems as I know it. Nothing you can do. If you don't have XP, then idk, does it say in the log that it reads the pass? If so then ya... "
in the GUI thread (on page six near the bottem)
Thanks given by:
ah that would explain it. is there a way of removing it? i tried typing /giveadmin 356 or something like that but i dont believe it worked
Thanks given by:
(28 Mar 12, 08:35PM)Hellspell Wrote: bin_win32\ac_guiserver.exe

Oh my god how did I skip that so easily. IBiteBack is right though, the GUI server does not allow you to claim admin in game but that does not mean you can't claim admin at all. A lot of server commands work in the GUI console for the most part so if you use /giveadmin <cn> in the console, you should be able to give admin to anyone on your server including yourself. AFAIK this is only a Windows XP bug. In essence, your GUI is the server admin so theoretically you cannot take admin from it but you can give it to a second player.
Thanks given by:
i play assaultcube on a different computer to the one i run the server and have all my maps and modified files and gui stuff on because i can no longer play on that computer. I haven't been bothered enough to move that stuff as of yet to the other computer. This is why it would be more convient to type the setadmin command, i did know the giveadmin command but running from room to room is tiring. I'll get round to moving my server files and maps and all the other stuff eventually. What is the command to take admin back of someone who i've given it to?
Thanks given by:
Try VNC and remote into the other PC.

http://www.realvnc.com/
Thanks given by: