40+ shock
Today I saw this:
http://shad-99.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=151

and I was shocked. It was on from saturday and I thought some others would have seen it. Also his servers had a discription saying: shut down soon. But now its official: Shad has disbanned 40+. Today I chatted with him and he told me he was going to stop being as active as he was and quitting mapping for now. This is a great loss. And i am writing this in respect for him! I think he is one of the best mappers AC has ever known and a great fellow.

Shadmaster, we will miss you!
Thanks given by:
Being a 40+ member myself, this is a damn shame.
For any interested Urban Terror or RedEclipse players, he'll be hosting a server for those games, and maybe more (possible 1.0.0.4 server anyone?)...
Thanks given by:
Well i don't see any use of having them anymore that no one ever playing on them xD
I put password on to get rid of NOOBS, and made a simple bind key script (not mine) but BC-script as meny to add to your autoexec.cfg.. to make it easy to connect to servers. -But with no luck ! :(

So if you 40+ don't like to play there and (voting is enable).. then NO use of having them running 24/7 empty xD -Even blacklist was removed except for proxies etc.

But i will test open them again to test 100mbit and see of any improvement of less lag etc. - I can't wait to test them xD

Meantime they are shutdown due to lack of interrest to play on them. -Sorry!
Thanks given by:
OMG, Shad, you, and your servers, and your maps, and all what 40+ represents, are gonna be sadly missed.
Making the servers private wasnt a bad idea, and, that there were not many (if any) players has nothing to do with lack of interest, but that it doesnt fit with AC style, IMO. Seing players come and go, voting... that has its pros, and its cons as well...
But, let me tell you, you are one of the reasons why AC rocks (rocked?) so much thanks for being so awesome.
So, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee XDXDXDXDXDXD ;3, hope you still hang around forever...
Thanks given by:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks given by:
(16 May 12, 11:06PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: [...] Making the servers private wasnt a bad idea [...]

it was. i don't know how you define "noobs", shad, but making your servers private was the point why i stopped playing on them. if i join a public server i just want to play and don't want to wait until someone who has the password joins after thirteen hours of waiting.. :)
Thanks given by:
Good games! RIP 40+
Thanks given by:
don't want to wait until someone who has the password joins after thirteen hours of waiting.. :)

-That's one reason i closed the servers :)
Thanks given by:
This is bad news Shad :'( I loved playing on your servers with all your fantastic custom maps. Could you upload them somewhere for server owners to download so we dont lose them all please?
Thanks given by:
Really? *Sniff*!

:(

Always liked your server (+ the maps) and found the 40+ folks (flock) to be very friendly players.

f1 for Billybobs proposal...
Thanks given by:
Sad to read this, good luck with everything shad.
I enjoyed your custom maps and your servers. One of the few places where was possible find many nice people.

About the maps some are on akimbo and others can be found on his site.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
I loved your maps man, they were the best IMO.
Thanks given by:
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
Thanks given by:
I guess the Mayans were correct. The world ends in 2012.
Thanks given by:
I was always impressed by your motivation to keep on making maps and releasing them so quickly, shad-99. Good server with solid maps. :)

Thanks given by:
hey again ! :)

and thanks for your support guy's im really blushing! :S

I have opened up a experimental server to test out some issue here.

-At the moment most can't connect at it yet due to adding familiar names and ip to nicklist!

-but im working hard at it!
Thanks given by: