Regarding ban
Hey guys, been a member of the AC community for a good number of years and then I got IP banned recently for some cheat.

Whether you want to believe me or not, a good friend of mine and I used to play AC from time to time a couple years back. I just began playing again a week or two ago and he was over my house playing on my account. Apparently after talking to him today about my ban he said he had downloaded some cheat/script the other day but didn't think it'd cause any harm. Obviously I was pissed and he said something about it turning frags into headshots and that it was a tosok game so he didn't think it'd be a big deal, 1 shot one kill, headshot or not. Apparently some admin from the 40+ clan server I think had confronted him about it, and he turned it off and began playing fairly with everyone else.

Now I'm sat here IP banned knowing full well many of you probably won't believe me anyway, but is there any proper way to appeal the ban? Again I've never hacked/cheated once while playing as I see no point.

Edit: Just read up on the following thread: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5046.html concerning the ban, that is indeed my IP however I was not the one playing.
Thanks given by:
He is NO FRIEND OF YOUR and WHY COULD YOU LET HIM USE ITNER!
Thanks given by:
LOL, I love these threads :)
[Image: bf364869-8bd9-4d05-987a-a4d5bbc685c4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cool story bro :p
Here is my favorite part :

(24 Mar 12, 06:39AM)Frittoss Wrote: I got IP banned recently for some cheat.

life is so cruel :(
[Image: calimero.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lol you guys are so immature, what are you 12? I already said the chances of you believing me was low. Now unless you're in charge of the blacklisting don't post your idiotic comments when it doesn't concern you. I was asking politely, the least you could do is reply with some sense.
Thanks given by:
Beleive or not this a fairly commom scenario here in this forums, let me tell you how it works. Someone with your IP cheated, there is solid proof of that. That is all we know and care about, as you must imagine we can only see IPs and not players. So, I guess unless you produce and affidavit of your friend telling this same story and a restraining order that will keep him away from your PC what still counts is a cheating client being used under your IP. I'm afraid the ban will stay.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'm not mad or anything and understand the situation. Even if I were to have my friend tell his side what good can that do? Also, is the ban permanent or not? I don't think it'd be fair to ban my IP permanently when it was only not me playing but my friend also cooperated and stopped using the cheat in a game where it wouldn't have benefited him anyway.
Thanks given by:
You should avoid using a name so similar to frito if you want to avoid being banned.
Thanks given by:
You may apply to have it removed from server blacklist if you talk to server owner(s).
Go look at server list if you are banned or search their blacklists.

Some forums can be found at:
Dedicated Elite Soldiers
BoB Ladder | Ladder
Beyond Compare - Forum
Tear you Down! - Forums
ARMED & DANGEROUS
.:Sj*
assault Cubers Kingly assasins (aCKa)

If you are added to central blacklist some admin needs to address the issue.

Come back in 3 months time and ask again.
Thanks given by:
Is Watergun that pal of yours Fritoss? -I did warn him about using cheat.
I told him that AC won't accept cheat and that he will be blacklisted for it?
And he reply.. -Why?

Yes he told me that he turned it of.. .But i guess that's not the point! -Once cheating and you will be untrustable for the rest of AC-community. -That sucks!.. -but that is the reallity. (people want to play fair and compete and have fun)

And if he ask me about 3 month.. i will consider remove the ban and let him start a fresh round with us. But until then.. -Tell him that it was wrong that he did, and never let him touch your computer again :P

-enough sad about that!

/good luck!
Thanks given by:
What you have to understand, Frittoss, is that whether or not you're telling the truth, if an exception is made for you, guess what the next player who gets caught will say.
If it makes you feel better, shop your friend's IP so I can ban him too. When I saw the player history for your IP, I did wonder how someone who's played for so long could be so stupid, but it wouldn't be the first time.
And yes, it's 3 months.
Thanks given by:
Well, at least this incindent gave us the best blacklist post title ever.

Watergun headshot hacker cought on |40+|friends clan server

Thanks given by:
(24 Mar 12, 06:12PM)jamz Wrote: What you have to understand, Frittoss, is that whether or not you're telling the truth, if an exception is made for you, guess what the next player who gets caught will say.
If it makes you feel better, shop your friend's IP so I can ban him too. When I saw the player history for your IP, I did wonder how someone who's played for so long could be so stupid, but it wouldn't be the first time.
And yes, it's 3 months.

Nah I understood the situation since the beginning, I also wasn't asking to be treated differently just with respect. I was just wondering if the ban was permanent and gave my opinion on the matter if it was. I could give you his IP but I'm not one to screw someone over as an act of revenge or whatnot. If he does use a cheat in the future I'm pretty sure you'd catch him however he stopped playing long ago, so no point.

Thanks either way guys, you'll see me back in 3 months and hopefully by then you could unban my IP seeing as it's from the masterserver there's not much else I could do.
Thanks given by:
(24 Mar 12, 03:53PM)Frittoss Wrote: Lol you guys are so immature, what are you 12? I already said the chances of you believing me was low. Now unless you're in charge of the blacklisting don't post your idiotic comments when it doesn't concern you. I was asking politely, the least you could do is reply with some sense.

If it helps any, many people here probably are 12. I think being on the internet also detracts several years from one's maturity.
The reason we're quick to mob someone who says 'it wasn't me, it was my friend' is that we've heard it all before. Many times. And cheaters ruin the game for everyone else. I'm sure you know this, though >.<
Thanks given by:
(24 Mar 12, 03:53PM)Frittoss Wrote: Now unless you're in charge of the blacklisting don't post your idiotic comments when it doesn't concern you.

i'm in charge of blacklisting here (definitely not jamz. no way sir) so can i post a lot of idiotic comments?

Thanks given by:
(24 Mar 12, 11:19PM)MerCyKiL Wrote:
(24 Mar 12, 03:53PM)Frittoss Wrote: Lol you guys are so immature, what are you 12? I already said the chances of you believing me was low. Now unless you're in charge of the blacklisting don't post your idiotic comments when it doesn't concern you. I was asking politely, the least you could do is reply with some sense.

i'm in charge of blacklisting here (definitely not jamz. no way sir) so can i post a lot of idiotic comments?

Why are you trying to start something? If you can handle yourself appropriately then by all means post, if you can't then don't bother. I'm not here to tell you what you can and can't do.
(24 Mar 12, 11:15PM)GDM Wrote:

If it helps any, many people here probably are 12. I think being on the internet also detracts several years from one's maturity.
The reason we're quick to mob someone who says 'it wasn't me, it was my friend' is that we've heard it all before. Many times. And cheaters ruin the game for everyone else. I'm sure you know this, though >.<

Yeah I don't have a problem with anyone really I just don't appreciate it when kids try being funny in a serious thread. I'm sure my story has been told numerous times which is why I said the chances of anyone believing me was low but I figured Id tell it anyways.
Thanks given by:
You guys don't get it... It's Frit0's brother but himself would never cheat, no no never will he!
Thanks given by:
(24 Mar 12, 11:57PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: You guys don't get it... It's Frit0's brother but himself would never cheat, no no never will he!

Yeah I've been asked by many since I began if I was him but I'm not, sorry to disappoint.
Thanks given by:
(24 Mar 12, 11:19PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: i'm in charge of blacklisting here (definitely not jamz. no way sir) so can i post a lot of idiotic comments?
You needed permission? jk :P

(25 Mar 12, 12:15AM)Frittoss Wrote: Yeah I've been asked by many since I began if I was him but I'm not, sorry to disappoint.
Aw man.
* Oracle is dissapoint.
Thanks given by:
(25 Mar 12, 04:11AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(24 Mar 12, 11:19PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: i'm in charge of blacklisting here (definitely not jamz. no way sir) so can i post a lot of idiotic comments?
You needed permission? jk :P

wow. i just realized that's kinda what i did in the process of asking that question lol
Thanks given by:
[Image: fuck-you-guys.jpg]

Keep fighting "em Fritos.
Thanks given by:
Ok, ok, enough with this thread. I'm really sorry you can't play caus of your dumb ass friend, Frittoss. We'll see you in a few months.
Thanks given by: