Poll: Is allowing players to call ban votes good or bad?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
public ban vote is GOOD
64.29%
18 64.29%
public ban vote is BAD
35.71%
10 35.71%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

allowing ban votes in server
I opened up ban voting on my server a few weeks ago, so if there was a hacker/cheater/teamkiller/ and no admin, something could be done about it. Sometimes this works out well. Sometimes it is abused (usually when there are just 3 or 4 people on the server) by people that ban everyone not in their "group".

I'm just looking for input, to see what others think of allowing the players to vote bans. Is it a good thing, or does it cause more problems then it cures?
Thanks given by:
mod the code, allow vote-ban only at 8+ players
Thanks given by:
(07 Aug 10, 06:06PM)Drakas Wrote: mod the code, allow vote-ban only at 8+ players

Brilliant!!
Thanks given by:
Find more trustworthy players to give admin to.
Thanks given by:
Like me.
Thanks given by:
(07 Aug 10, 07:13PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: Find more trustworthy players to give admin to.

That's not the problem Is that sometimes admins are not in that server because they went out for a rest or another thing,n00bs are everywhere (including me), some dumbs when they want to play a 2 vs 2 or 1vs1 they start kicking people w/o reason and if the option of ban is on they will ban a lot of inocent players,I think Drakas' suggestion it's the best solution
Thanks given by:
Were not allowed to do that though. Well, not if we want it off the server list.
Thanks given by:
Monas... the more admins you have, the more probable they will be there to take out the cheaters. They don't necessarily have to be playing exactly in that server, the admins could be in IRC chatting, and as long as a responsible player in that server asks on IRC who has admin, i bet there will be someone there to help.
Thanks given by:
Well,the big problem is that I used to run to IRC to tell there was a hacker but few times the only one who went to kick their butts was jamz so that definitely won't work,also when there were known players I went to the server they were and asked of admin in a server and they said the weren't admins so that's why I doubt that will work
Thanks given by:
(07 Aug 10, 06:06PM)Drakas Wrote: mod the code...
(08 Aug 10, 07:21AM)DrauL Wrote: Were not allowed to do that though...

Servers that have modifications that affect gameplay are removed from the MS. Modifying the conditions under which /ban can and can't be called doesn't affect gameplay.
Thanks given by:
Hmm.. I would do this to my server. Someone should tell me how. xD
Thanks given by:
(08 Aug 10, 07:25AM)Monas|SK| Wrote: Well,the big problem is that I used to run to IRC to tell there was a hacker but few times the only one who went to kick their butts was jamz so that definitely won't work,also when there were known players I went to the server they were and asked of admin in a server and they said the weren't admins so that's why I doubt that will work

The problem would be solved if more people had admin (especially considering you'd come from some server that only Jamz was respected enough to get admin for). No admins, no help when you come running.
Thanks given by:
(07 Aug 10, 06:06PM)Drakas Wrote: mod the code, allow vote-ban only at 8+ players

I'd like this mod also if someone could show me how please :)
Thanks given by:
Perhaps the reason jamz was "only one who went to kick their butts" was because he's the only idiot sad enough to sit in IRC like some bored, retarded Superman, waiting for people to ask for admins on one of the few servers he actually has an admin password for, so that he can fly to the rescue, take the plaudits, grin like a fool, then struggle to leave the server because his gigantic, swolen head doesn't fit through the door.

My point is..., well, I forget. Something about people having other things to do...
Thanks given by:
you're my superman <3

lawl xD
Thanks given by:
Why you don't test it yourself with your server?? Let one week with ban switch and one week without ban switch. Then compare logs.
Thanks given by:
Lol, This has went off on a bit of a tangent. For the record, I have about a dozen admins, I'd be willing to bet the majority of AC players have never been to the IRC, and jamz, you want an admin pass?
Thanks given by:
il be happy to mod anyones servers. But the best points have already been pointed out. You will run into peoplen that just dont like you and want to ban you for no reason. others will tyr to have a clan war in a public server with out admin and kick and ban anyone who appears.
Like I said best points already pointed out ( giving out high fives)
Thanks given by:
Oh, by the way. 1.1.0.1 allows ban votes by default now, but only if the server detects it's a good idea (I'm not sure how this detection thing works, ask brahma)
Thanks given by:
no more ac plz... 1.0.4 was enough...I'll leave AC if this *** continue... :(

*good for others...
Thanks given by:
BB GL HF
Thanks given by: