demos + screeenshots folder (ubuntu 11.10)
i cant find the folder where demos and screen shots are downloaded. i have downloaded some for proof of hacking and such, but i cant seem to find them. Ubuntu 11.10 is a lot different from other versions of Ubuntu or any other OS for that matter so anyone using 11.10 and knows, please help. xD
Thanks given by:
Unity still uses Nautilus i guess. so try Ctrl + H to show hidden folders in your Home directory.
If its installed via the download on this site there should be a ".assaultcube_v1.1" folder with has "screenshots" folder and "demos" folder.
ls -a
Use this to see hidden files if you use a Terminal to see files in a folder.
Thanks given by:
just go to your home folder (aka the 1 with your name) and press ctrl+h (this shows hidden files/folders)
look for .assaultcube_v1.1 (. infonr of file/folder name makes it hidden) and everything will be in there :)
Thanks given by:
OMG I LOVE YOU MILANDRAG!! xD (no homo -.-)!!!
also, the packages of the demos, how do iopne and watch them? xD
Thanks given by:
If they are in the demo folder already, you should be able to watch them in-game via the menu (Esc > Demos).
Thanks given by:
yes, i know, but how do i watch them and say put them on youtube?
watch from offline AC
(17 Mar 12, 04:35PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Unity still uses Nautilus i guess. so try Ctrl + H to show hidden folders in your Home directory.
If its installed via the download on this site there should be a ".assaultcube_v1.1" folder with has "screenshots" folder and "demos" folder.
ls -a
Use this to see hidden files if you use a Terminal to see files in a folder.
hehe, sorry, but i didnt get this at all.. xD but i appreciate you rhelp xD

Thanks given by:
You would have to screen record while playing the demo and then upload the file to youtube.
Thanks given by:
thats pretty stupid. isnt there ANY way that you can change the formatting of the .dmo folder to be watchable?
Thanks given by:
No. A .dmo file is just a set of actions for the AC program => The program must run it.
Thanks given by:
bugger. that fails. are they planning on coming up with a download from the demo watching thing? or no?
Thanks given by:
too bad it wasn't possible to have demos and screenshots upload to a webpage and watch the demos from inside the browser.
Thanks given by: