Poll: What social group are you in?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
First one, I tend to play on "noob" maps.
1.67%
1 1.67%
Second, I enjoy pubbing.
23.33%
14 23.33%
Number three, I'm always on IRC/TS and don't really play.
6.67%
4 6.67%
4, I believe I am a quite competitive player.
21.67%
13 21.67%
Elite.
11.67%
7 11.67%
I'm a mix from 2 or 3 of them.
28.33%
17 28.33%
I don't think I belong in any of these...
6.67%
4 6.67%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Social Classes of AC
A post from RealViking from this thread made me feel like posting something about the social groups I believe exist from the time I've been in the game. Tell me what you think.

1. The group of players that spend their time on pubs playing what we consider as "noob maps" (@camper maps and such). These are considered by others as the "noobs".

2. The group of players that only play pubs and are sometimes seen in inters or forums, known somewhat by the community. There are considered as the "are-you-using-an-alias/casual gamer" player.

3. Then comes the group of players that idle in either IRC or TS and don't actually play the game; however, they seem to know the gossip pretty well around and are usually pretty active on the AC forums but don't post too much. These are considered as the "idlers".

4. The players that are seen most of the times trying to organize games through IRC, or playing inters/clan matches; however, they dislike pubs and are rarely seen there. They take part of the on-going leagues as much as possible and some can be seen to be active on the forums just as in-game. These are considered the "competitive gamers".

5. Now we have the small group of players that frequently idle in IRC but barely talk, they tend to go on the AC forums but aren't really aware of the gossip and things going around the game seeing as they don't play the game and when they do they tend to use an alias. These are considered as the "elite".

Where do you consider yourself to be in?
If you don't feel comfortable posting, feel free to vote in the poll; your name won't be shown.
Thanks given by:
Aliased idler all the way, man.
Thanks given by:
Best guess would have to be an odd mix between 2 and 4.
Thanks given by:
Wolf I love your post man :) He gives me your mail :p J/K . You hit some great points there, but nothing about ladder playing, which can be invigorating or depressing. I might be a 3 or 4 hmm
Thanks given by:
I think I fall mostly (75%) under the range of the second group and (25%) a part of the forth group.

Also, you forgot to mention Group #6: "The Hackers", a group of individuals who lack the will to play fair. They see themselves as a never ending pit, no matter the amount of effort they put in to build upon themselves, they never improve. Those individuals who troll those who play fair, attempt to ruin whatever fun can be had and have fall outs with their never ending amount of brothers who frame them as the accused.
Thanks given by:
Good point ^^

ikljo also modestly forgets his long periods of AFKness on IRC... :P
Thanks given by:
CharlyMurphie: The ladder players would apply to number two, though I guess it would also apply partially to 4, since ladders are somewhat considered as the competitive side of pubs (unfortunately that way of thinking has been lost since a good and competitive pub is rarely found nowadays).
Thanks given by:
I'm my own social class. You can class me as RandumKiwi.
Thanks given by:
I do all the stuff of the "competitive gamer" class but pub often too. :)
and map/irc/forums
a.k.a the Nightmare Class.
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 12, 03:51AM)Nightmare Wrote: I do all the stuff of the "competitive gamer" class

lol
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 12, 06:49AM)Undead Wrote:
(11 Mar 12, 03:51AM)Nightmare Wrote: I do all the stuff of the "competitive gamer" class

lol

I actually do not see anything that is funny or that would not include him in that group.
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 12, 07:02AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:
(11 Mar 12, 06:49AM)Undead Wrote:

lol

I actually do not see anything that is funny or that would not include him in that group.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Thanks given by:
Mix of 3 and 4 when I'm active.
I almost never play CMs, but I do play quite a few inters.
Thanks given by:
I'm a Pubber really. lol.
Thanks given by:
Number 4 ftw, clanmatches/inters are the way to go!
Thanks given by:
There is also a fair bunch that (due to older versions of the game nostalgia?) hardly play at all but love the concept of AssaultCube to bits.
Whenever you see them ingame it's probably because they are testing something out or it's just a one off to chill out a little on preferred maps and mode.

They are indeed idlers on irc but you can't blame them since only 2% of it's content is worth elaborate.

They main objectives are to enhance the game in whatever way they can and enjoy it as much as a very good game.

I call them Dedicated, they are also part of the Elite group in a way and since ingame they carry weapons not feathers you can also say they are Soldiers

Now we have a problem here coz that's the name of my Clan! A few of those mentioned above are indeed in it like a_slow_old_man, Dementium4ever and myself but it's too confusing.

So let's call them Dedicated Elite Cubers

Thanks given by:
Neat post!
Im lmao at ikljos post, but from my tears I can say that theres also a group of people you are missing and it wouldnt be fair to leave them out.
The group of players that focus on a different aspect of the game. Those that with the help of their trusty MTP-57 search different solutions for the obstacle course that will lead them to fulfill their goal. Score a flag. The GEMA players.
Love them all, sad to see how little they are cared about.
Thanks given by:
@paul - I believe we would fit in on the first one since gema is for noobs.

Thanks for the thread Wolf, it'll be helpful. About the "elites" - Anyone who's in an official clan (got a place on the wiki) consider himself an Elite. Can't you remember all the times lucky called himself elite? I guess that's a bit of overconfidence to though. I somewhat agree with how you describe them but the general way to describe an elite would be "someone who's been here for more than two years and have talked to atleast one member from each major clan".
Thanks given by:
Number 4 for me
Thanks given by:
Lucky says a lot of things, I'm a mutant :D
Thanks given by:
I just idle everywhere and spec - I must be some sort of upper class Elite.
Thanks given by:
Oh look, RealViking is here to instigate.

What a surprise
Thanks given by:

With your shotgun in B} clan? lol

Quote:[23:06] <+ExodusS> B}evanzo23 B}Misty B}Ronald_Reagan B}titi B}Zarj_afk B}Nightmare 3V3?
[23:07] <@B}evanzo23> not from me, sorru
[23:07] <@B}Zarj_afk> Sorry ExodusS, busy right now
[23:07] <@B}titi> noty
[23:07] <@B}Zarj_afk> Maybe in 20?
[23:07] <@B}Ronald_Reagan> Busy as well
[23:07] <+B}Nightmare> nevaaa
[23:08] <@B}Misty> np
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 12, 03:36PM).ExodusS* Wrote: With your shotgun in B} clan? lol
You noobie, get your facts straight. We are a carbine clan.
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 12, 03:46PM)titiPT Wrote:
(11 Mar 12, 03:36PM).ExodusS* Wrote: With your shotgun in B} clan? lol
You noobie, get your facts straight. We are a carbine clan.
[Image: weapon_carbine.jpg]

Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 12, 02:56PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: Oh look, RealViking is here to instigate.

What a surprise
Lol.

(11 Mar 12, 03:36PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
With your shotgun in B} clan? lol
Hey hey hey. Don't lump my shotty'ing with the carbiners \:D

Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 12, 03:46PM)titiPT Wrote: We are a carbine clan.

Oh sorry, i though Nighmare was playing shotgun on this video, so i don't know how to read the title and my eyes are really bad. :s

And i'm sure you were ARing all 3 in this match:
http://i42.servimg.com/u/f42/15/62/73/68/20120235.jpg

Carabine clan, it's a legend.
Thanks given by:
Pubs <3

A new alias every week.
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 12, 06:45PM)gambino Wrote: A new alias every week.

Every pubs :P
Thanks given by:
ya, i dont think i fit into any of those categories ?
Thanks given by: