Issues with Snow Leopard
Recently I upgraded my Mac from 10.5 to 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard) And immediately since then I've been having some sudden lag spikes in AC, both in 1.04 and 1.1. Certain areas of certain maps, usually open areas and/or ones full of mapmodels (the outside area of ac_rattrap for example) cause it to dip to a low and choppy fps of around 20 where any other areas (and the entire game in 10.5) I got a solid 100+ fps.

I tried redownloading and tweaking different combinations of video settings with no results.

Anyone else on Snow Leopard having similar problems? I'm wondering if this is from the operating system in general or something specific to my machine.
Thanks given by:
I have the same software (10.6.4) and hardware (Snow Leopard) as you, though I have no problems
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 10, 08:38PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: I have the same software (10.6.4) and hardware (Snow Leopard) as you, though I have no problems

Hmm. Do you have a nice graphics card? I have a GMA950 which is not made for gaming, so I'm thinking it's just powerful enough to be running well and perhaps something about 10.6 is holding it under that line.
Thanks given by:
Well I didn't change the graphics card. I've been using the one I got when I bought it which is (gotten from Apple website) NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
Thanks given by:
try passing some arguments to AC like
-w1024 -h768 -a0 -s0 -v1 -b16 -z24
Different cards may have other "favourite" graphics modes - read the manual of your card to find best values
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 10, 08:38PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: I have the same software (10.6.4) and hardware (Snow Leopard) as you, though I have no problems

Snow Leopard is 10.6.x; therefore you have only the same software.

(06 Aug 10, 08:19PM)RIPBillyMays Wrote: I'm wondering if this is from the operating system in general or something specific to my machine.

Maybe you tell us your machine.

I have a 2009er MacBook Pro 15'', also with the latest Snow Leopard release. No problems so far.
Thanks given by:
(10 Aug 10, 07:39PM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote: Maybe you tell us your machine.

I have a 2009er MacBook Pro 15'', also with the latest Snow Leopard release. No problems so far.

I have a 2007 Macbook, with a GMA 950 graphics chip as I said earlier.

Anyways I'm thinking this may be related.
http://www.macrumors.com/2010/08/04/appl...evelopers/
Quote:Many users have been anxiously awaiting some sort of graphics improvements from Apple considering issues cited with high-performance games running under Mac OS X 10.6.4.

I wouldn't consider AC a "high-performance game," but you never know what's affected.
Thanks given by: