Poll: Should SURV and TSURV modes be altered to the description below?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I love that idea.
15.79%
3 15.79%
Sounds kinda cool...I could get used to it...
5.26%
1 5.26%
Undecided
5.26%
1 5.26%
I like the current version of the mode better.
47.37%
9 47.37%
No. Dafuq?
26.32%
5 26.32%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

SURV suggestions
When I play SURV, I keep thinking, "Wow. If you just throw enough bullets at him, it's easy to survive."

Therefore I thought that the mode should be made harder by reducing ammo. When a player spawns, he would only have one primary clip and one pistol clip. The mode would therefore not only be about who can get the fastest kill but also about precision and efficiency. Given the possibility that this could just turn into a knife fight, ammoboxes and pistol clips would be available but when picked up, only give half a clip (i.e. AR user would get 10 bullets, smg: 15, sniper: 3, shotgun: 4, carbine: 5, and pistol 4)...

Whatcha think?
Thanks given by:
Sounds interesting...
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 12, 04:53AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: mode should be made harder by reducing ammo.

(04 Mar 12, 04:53AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: [but] ammoboxes and pistol clips would [still] be available

(04 Mar 12, 04:53AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: Whatcha think?

This is literally a mercy kill.
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 12, 04:57AM)Cemer Wrote:
(04 Mar 12, 04:53AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: mode should be made harder by reducing ammo.

(04 Mar 12, 04:53AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: [but] ammoboxes and pistol clips would [still] be available

(04 Mar 12, 04:53AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: Whatcha think?

This is literally a mercy kill.

please notice that the amount of ammo you would pick up is a bare minimum. plus you have to fight or maneuver to get it :3
Thanks given by:
I actually prototyped something like this kind of mod, but haven't released anything. Unfortunately, a release would probably be closed as the code is too hackish for anyone else to see.
Thanks given by:
While we talking about changing SURV, can we change the default command? /lms isn't very newbie-friendly.

EDIT: Fixed for Ronald ;)
Thanks given by:
ok
[cubescript]
surv = [lms $arg1]
[/cubescript]
Thanks given by:
i was gonna say ronald already had this idea, but he beat me to his own punch. It's a good idea, but a few problems arise after playing it a little while. mainly ammo camping but there are other issues as well. Currently when you play this mode, efficiency and aim is already rewarded enough imo, but another game mode to make it more TACtical (heh) would be interesting.
Thanks given by:
I just played a TSURV ac_depot (it was the server maprot Dafuq?) and i really enjoyed it, sniping was so cool. This mode is really good for huge maps cause on little maps there is no real strategy.

But: i think in SURV, the final survivor should score 1 point (like in KTF) and in TSURV, each team who win each rounds win 1 point (as in CTF).
Thanks given by:
Should SURV not be won by number of rounds won, not number of frags.
Thanks given by:
Well not really. You could clean up 5 players out of the 6 you're facing every round, then the last guy only kills you every round, but he wins.

I i think in theory its quite a good idea, but i dont think its needed.
Thanks given by:
I like the idea of spawning with only one clip initially. I don't like the idea of having to scale the amount gotten from ammoboxes. Maybe a huge respawn time or only spawn once.

I do have an idea though, maybe:

Kevlar Vest = helmet * 2
Ammobox = ??? * 2
Maybe smaller ammoboxes? Like how in LSS all pistol clips turn into grenades, maybe all ammoboxes could turn into a small salvage pickup for ammo. (would be pwnage if we could program these dropping from dead people so you get their ammo)
Thanks given by:
No, pickups add more importance to the luck (with lucky spawns near the kevlar etc).
Less luck factor make the mode better, have someone respawning in your back in a SURV is really bad.
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 12, 08:21PM).ExodusS* Wrote: ...

Maybe if you weren't allowed to carry more than a clip?
Also, no armour.

I think we're on to something. And it could mean there would be a difference between the game modes Survivor and Last Man Standing.
Thanks given by:
This seems too outlandish, but it would be cool if you started out with only a knife, and you had to pick up the guns scattered around; like a true Survivor thing. Even crazier, if you had to collect parts to make the guns. Make it truly original.

Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 12, 01:56AM)Cemer Wrote: Even crazier, if you had to collect parts to make the guns. Make it truly original.

[Image: Item14_071228a.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My opinion:
-No Pickups of any kind
-Spawn with 100 hp, no armor, your chosen gun with one clip of ammo, the pistol with one clip of ammo, and your knife.

This would be a very stripped down game mode, with the intention of focusing as purely on player skill as possible.
Pickups are removed so that map layout will have less of an effect on the outcome (although some maps are designed with pickups in mind to help balance them, e.g. the akimbo in RVSF base in ac_arid) and to make the mode more "pure" (no nades, etc).
You spawn without armor (I felt I should specify this as the SVN T/SURV modes spawn with 100 armor) so that the rounds pass more quickly and will allow the one clip rule (although it should be noted that this is straight from my mind, playtesting could show that full armor works fine with one clip, or that it makes the mode more fun by forcing the players to end it with a pistol/knife fight).
You only get one clip for your chosen weapon to help balance the weapons, as it increases the emphasis on clip size which makes carbine a viable choice and slightly weakens the "big three" (AR, SMG, Sniper).
You get your pistol (with one clip) because why not.
You get your knife so you don't end up standing around stupidly if everyone runs out of ammo, or perhaps if you wish to go for the 2 frags.
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 12, 01:56AM)Cemer Wrote: Even crazier, if you had to collect parts to make the guns. Make it truly original.

***MerCyKiL picks up trigger. Then picks up screw #1, then screw #2. Then picks up bolt #5. Finds barrel part number #4. Gets slashed by a lucky bastard who found a blade and its handle.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU------
(05 Mar 12, 05:01AM)Lantry Wrote: My opinion:
-No Pickups of any kind
-Spawn with 100 hp, no armor, your chosen gun with one clip of ammo, the pistol with one clip of ammo, and your knife.

This would be a very stripped down game mode, with the intention of focusing as purely on player skill as possible.
Pickups are removed so that map layout will have less of an effect on the outcome (although some maps are designed with pickups in mind to help balance them, e.g. the akimbo in RVSF base in ac_arid) and to make the mode more "pure" (no nades, etc).
You spawn without armor (I felt I should specify this as the SVN T/SURV modes spawn with 100 armor) so that the rounds pass more quickly and will allow the one clip rule (although it should be noted that this is straight from my mind, playtesting could show that full armor works fine with one clip, or that it makes the mode more fun by forcing the players to end it with a pistol/knife fight).
You only get one clip for your chosen weapon to help balance the weapons, as it increases the emphasis on clip size which makes carbine a viable choice and slightly weakens the "big three" (AR, SMG, Sniper).
You get your pistol (with one clip) because why not.
You get your knife so you don't end up standing around stupidly if everyone runs out of ammo, or perhaps if you wish to go for the 2 frags.

+1 i liek it
Thanks given by:
Very interesting discussion. Props to Lantry and Cemer for the originality. And Felix's picture is epic :D

In a similar vein, what about Last Swiss Standing?
I think we should make it such that we're all running around wildly through the Alps wielding nothing but a swiss army knife and defunct cuckoo clocks. Oh, and health packs are cheese and chocolates.
<3
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 12, 05:16AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: In a similar vein, what about Last Swiss Standing?
I think we should make it such that we're all running around wildly through the Alps wielding nothing but a swiss army knife and defunct cuckoo clocks. Oh, and health packs are cheese and chocolates.
<3

lol'd

How about merging LSS with this idea of SURV? Since no one plays LSS much this could spice things up? discuss :D
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 12, 05:31AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: ...Since no one plays LSS much...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOamXAkEfB7Hx8fcGAPjj...1W2YcOFztw]
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 12, 05:16AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Very interesting discussion. Props to Lantry and Cemer for the originality. And Felix's picture is epic :D

In a similar vein, what about Last Swiss Standing?
<3

I love this post.
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 12, 05:48AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(05 Mar 12, 05:31AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: ...Since no one plays LSS much...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOamXAkEfB7Hx8fcGAPjj...1W2YcOFztw]

Also I didn't know SVN had SURV with armor :x
Although maybe that can be an interesting mode -- juggernaut or something where you spawn with full everything and then SURV.

Would be cool if one player was the juggernaut and other players had only pistols or something.

Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 12, 02:05AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:

[Image: Item14_071228a.jpg]

<3
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 12, 07:26PM)Mr.OpTic Wrote: ...You could clean up 5 players out of the 6 you're facing every round, then the last guy only kills you every round, but he wins....
Isn't this the whole point? It is called 'survivor', after all. If you ratio-whore in a CTF match and lose on flags, you're just going to get abused by your team mates, because the target is to score flags.
If it's TSURV, and the target is to be the last man standing, your team is going to want you to be the last man standing, whatever it takes.
I'm not saying it would always be particularly interesting...
Thanks given by:
OSOK is kinda like that, but yeah it's by frags and not LMS.
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 12, 10:29AM)jamz Wrote: If it's TSURV, and the target is to be the last man standing, your team is going to want you to be the last man standing, whatever it takes.
I'm not saying it would always be particularly interesting...

If you slash/hs and you lose all your rounds, you win, so rounds should be instored. :)
That's why T-OSOK is the favourite by far compared to the T-SURV in pubs as in matches, the scoring are the same but everyone can defend himself at sniper.
Thanks given by:
Leave it as it is, it's way more interesting this way!
Thanks given by:
TSURV on pubs will be like CounterStrike.

Dammit.
Thanks given by:
since long time i played this mode it always felt as a chance to see without fooling around what can you do with your lone weapon, pistol, aim and strategy. it's a very unique mode and quite underrated imo.

adding armor gives the random factor to a mode that doesn't need it (consider spawn points, that's enough), actually adding any kind of pickups is unnecessary, otherwise play deathmatch.

also, correct me if i'm wrong but if you kill 5 out of 6 players on a tsurv round, and last guy kills you, there shouldn't be 5 players yet to him to kill before become the last man standing?… even if they are all dead, isn't that fair enough anyway?.

the only thing that may be affected with winning by rounds and not frags would be that the losing team frags were mostly x2.
Thanks given by: