Jiba's next map?
(21 Jan 12, 09:37PM)jiba Wrote: Good timing I can now release my latest map “ac_turd”. Hope you like it iDamN, I thought I named it appropriately.
[Image: ac_turd.png]

(21 Jan 12, 09:51PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: Where's the download jiba?

(21 Jan 12, 09:56PM)jamz Wrote: Yeah, link please...? I'm sure even your turds make great maps.

After seeing jamz link to this thread a few days back, I recalled this map that I found on a server once. The strange thing is that it has no author named, so it could've just been someone else. I'm sure it was a joke anyhow.

Here is the map ac_turd
Thanks given by:
screenshots? :D

Can't download it at the moment, don't think I'm just lazy.
Thanks given by:
I dont really know of a way I can screenshot it and make it look interesting, sorry. Its just something you need to see yourself.
Thanks given by:
make it official. RIGHT. NOW!
Thanks given by:
hahahaha, press "Alt" ingame.

epic map
Thanks given by:
(03 Mar 12, 10:19PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Its just something you need to see yourself.
It is.
lol
Thanks given by:
Epic
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 12, 02:04AM)Nightmare Wrote: Epic
This is mothertrucking brilliant.
Thanks given by:
This is the mapshot:

[Image: mapsho16.jpg]

It's a shitty map.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, indeed, a great piece of shit of map :P
Thanks given by:
Jamz has just brought my attention to this thread.

I wish I could but I can’t claim credit for this map. It’s an awesome piece of work and I am going to guess that the author of this thread might be due the credit? I am honored and appreciate that you have made the effort to create such a masterpiece. I think it’s great! If you think about the way you input inspiration, ideas and research and process all that information to produce an outcome then the analogy of a turd is very fitting. And what a great looking turd it is. So who will the owner/s please claim their credit.

I haven’t worked on any new maps. What little spare time I have for myself I am dedicating for other endeavours. I do intend to finalize the revamping of all my previous maps, which will result in the finishing of the first two maps I made back in the 0.93 era. I reckon only a small handful of people here will remember them.

After that I honestly don’t think I will be making any more maps, at least not solely by myself. They do take a lot of time. I have to say I have enjoyed working on maps with others than just by myself. Working with Cleaner was awesome, he is able to see the potential far ahead and he has skills which compliment any good mapper to achieve a superb map. Working on the DES map ac_outpost was fun too where I had the opportunity to work with Halo. Woking with Brett and Sanzo was also a successful adventure. Those two work in a fast and spontaneous way and it was a challenge to keep up. I will spend too much time meticulously overworking some elements of a map and it was good to have that communication were you could discuss, agree and move on.

There is possibly one map I would like to have a go at developing with the help of another mapper/s, a map by a player called Keyser Soze. Does anyone know this person? If you do ask him to pm me?
Thanks given by:
A Keyser Soze wears the 40 plus tag, maybe thats the one you are looking for, ask Shad-99 or go here.
Thanks given by:
This is amazing!! I seriously consider this art!

[Image: 20120304141614acturdtdm.jpg]
Thanks given by:
BTW it would be good if also the creator of this would explain which tool he used for it.... Yammod?
Thanks given by:
Jiba! Plz release ac_hq1.1 ^_^
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 12, 03:23PM)MykeGregory Wrote: This is amazing!! I seriously consider this art!

[Image: 20120304141614acturdtdm.jpg]

What map is that?
Thanks given by:
The map linked in the first post of this thread...
Thanks given by:
My graphics card gives me crap like this (pun intended) with the minimap:
Sometimes I get the AR/grenades textures as my minimap :(
Thanks given by:
beautiful
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 12, 02:01AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: My graphics card gives me crap like this (pun intended) with the minimap:

Does that always happen, or only if you alt-tab out of the game while it's loading? Because if I do that, my minimap gets messed up too.
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 12, 10:37PM)tempest Wrote:
(05 Mar 12, 02:01AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: My graphics card gives me crap like this (pun intended) with the minimap:

Does that always happen, or only if you alt-tab out of the game while it's loading? Because if I do that, my minimap gets messed up too.

Always. I apparently just have an inferior (no-upgradeable driver) integrated card from a ~2003 DELL with INTEL inside.

I have that "doors/cave" glitch too, where some areas with low ceilings are rendered as a wall. Sometimes my minimap has weird stuff on it like the minimap.

Thanks given by:
(06 Mar 12, 03:17AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Always. I apparently just have an inferior (no-upgradeable driver) integrated card from a ~2003 DELLwith INTEL inside.

There's your problem there mate.
Thanks given by:
(06 Mar 12, 03:17AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: I apparently just have an inferior (no-upgradeable driver) integrated card from a ~2003 DELL with INTEL inside.
No, there's the problem. Horrible OpenGL implementation, and most likely there's nothing we can do to work around those bugs. But if you can live with it...
Thanks given by:
I have a old Dell to.
The shitty integrated Intel card used MESA...
Impossible to play with.
So i got my self a little better Radeon HD 2400 PRO card.
At least now i can play.

Edit:
Mesa 8.0 is released. This is the first version of Mesa to support OpenGL 3.0 and GLSL 1.30 (with the i965 driver)
Maybe its better now.
Mesa Home Page
Thanks given by:
Mesa is quite good nowadays, which I think is mostly due to the support it receives from Intel (AFAIK some Intel developers are working on it full-time). It still has a few drawbacks (such as lack of support for FBOs), but they shouldn't affect AC that much. I'm not sure though if support for old hardware was improved as well, or if it's just for the new stuff. Anyway, on my i5 laptop with the latest Mesa DRI installed, AC runs quite nicely now (150+ fps).
Thanks given by:
Problem is I haven't a PCI-E slot, just a regular PCI slot (loloololol pretty much the exact backwards) so it's hard to retrofit such a machine with a modern graphics card since my local Staples thinks I'm funny with this.
Thanks given by:
(06 Mar 12, 03:40AM)Think3r Wrote:
(06 Mar 12, 03:17AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Always. I apparently just have an inferior (no-upgradeable driver) integrated card from a ~2003 DELLwith INTEL inside.

There's your problem there mate.

Mmh i have a DELL (AlienWare) as my sister/parents and all i can say is:
-it's less exmepnsive than others
-better quality than Acer/Asus/Vaio/PBell, more durable etc...
Thanks given by:
(06 Mar 12, 09:52PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Problem is I haven't a PCI-E slot, just a regular PCI slot (loloololol pretty much the exact backwards) so it's hard to retrofit such a machine with a modern graphics card since my local Staples thinks I'm funny with this.

I just have PCI to. :)
This is the one i got Powercolor Radeon HD 2400 Pro Review | techPowerUp.

Not the best card there is, but when you have a old computer you get what you can to make it a bit better.
Thanks given by:
Nice and insane!
By the way, is any new official map going to be included in the next version?!
Thanks given by:
is it light intensity of picture scripted to AC map ? or did you really created it by hand ?
Thanks given by: