Windows 8 Consumer Preview
Hello, Who has used Windows 8 Consumer preview? I am installing it right now!!!!! (dual-booting it with my Dell PC with Windows Vista)
Thanks given by:
I did! I use it! :D
Thanks given by:
I have the ISO but too lazy to try it lol, i should get on that soon though
Thanks given by:
Here is the link to download it.
For them to lazy to Google after it them self.
Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO formats

Im not gonna touch it....
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 12, 11:35AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Here is the link to download it.
Im not gonna touch it....
Same, I'm struggling enough with both vista on my laptop and 7 on the pc
Thanks given by:
I am on it right now, I got drivers installed, no problem, now im installing developer tools (Visual Studio 11 beta) and AC runs better on windows 8 than on vista ;D (I get an FPS Boost :D)
Thanks given by:
Windows 8...Oh God, why?

I personally really like my Windows 7, but when I see this....tablet-optimized, app-orientated,
"youhavetopushanextrabuttontoenterthedesktop" thing, then I gladly decline :D
Thanks given by:
Yay Microsoft
Thanks given by:
I just got upgraded to Windows 7 from XP, forget it.
Thanks given by:
doesn´t work well in VMware ...
Thanks given by:
just dual boot, like i did
Thanks given by:
why does it look like iOS D:
I disapprove.
Thanks given by:
I downloaded it and tried it out on my computer and I and truly disappointed. I really hate the ideas of using a touch screen monitor, but that is practically all that Windows 8 is good for. :( It's kind of weird getting used to a UI in which your windows key doesn't open the start menu. All in all, I will never buy that OS.
Thanks given by:
FALCON 1+ @Lantry and Evanzo23 Its a good OS for tablets not computers.
Thanks given by:
*Sigh*

I don't believe I'll buy W8, wait for W10 or summat.

Or maybe just stick to Windows 7
Thanks given by:
It's designed for tablets...extremely inefficient for desktop use.
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 12, 12:34AM)jockskratos Wrote: It's designed for tablets...extremely inefficient for desktop use.
How do you figure that?

Anyhow, still running XP, I will keep running XP until this laptop dies (which will probably occur in 6-7 years). :D
Thanks given by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGbaAQyz8Q0
It looks horrible. What's wrong with a desktop?
* Orynge will buy Windows 7 with his new computer.

EDIT: I might even get a Mac, this looks absolutely horrible.
Thanks given by:
I tried it 6 months ago (one of the development versions) tbh I was very disapointed. Not many new features and as has been said far too much time has been spent making it tablet friendly. If you want my advice you will stay clear, Windows 7 is stable and has all the nice stuff from 8 without that stupid interface.
Thanks given by:
I just virtual booted this myself and I have to say, Windows 8 is junk. Stick with 7 as Anderson said it is stable. Windows 8 is so confined to windows products like XBOX live and windows phone. I absolutely hate XBOX, this new interface wants you to make an online account just to use your damn computer (you don't have to but hardly anything works unless you do) and the interface is crap. Props for Windows 7 and even XP as my past time love, but now this "update" is just crap. I probably will delete the virtual machine, it's not worth the 3.5gb or the 40 minutes I waited to download it.
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 12, 05:36AM)Zarj Wrote:
(13 Mar 12, 12:34AM)jockskratos Wrote: It's designed for tablets...extremely inefficient for desktop use.
How do you figure that?
"Metro is the name of the new design language created for the Windows Phone 7 interface."
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 12, 11:14AM)jamz Wrote:
(13 Mar 12, 05:36AM)Zarj Wrote:
How do you figure that?
"Metro is the name of the new design language created for the Windows Phone 7 interface."

Ah, I see we are thinking different things.
When I read "extremely inefficient for desktop use" I thought "memory leaks, poor CPU time allocation", etc. I didn't realize that was referring to the UI.

Yes, it does look very inefficient for desktop.
Thanks given by:
Ya the UI is definitely fucked up but you can disable metro and get a third party start menu which is what I will do when I can torrent the final release :D
Thanks given by:
THIS is MY operation system :D
Thanks given by: