any fifa players?
Can you give me some tips on defending? Firstly this is the first fifa i've played but i've had it for months now and still can't defend. It's irritating when someone just keeps walking towards me and holding A never gets me any where near close enough so I can tackle him. Eventually either Peter Odemwingie jogs the length of the pitch and scores, unchallenged, just harmlessly "contained", or I do make a challenge and I always miss and then he's gone, and he scores that way.
Personally I use LT (jockey) which lets me move freely whilst facing the player so I can decide when im going to contain and when im going to move in for the challenge - like a real defender. Which makes me wonder if they call it tactical defending and it's meant to be realistic, they put in that stupid A to contain function, which basically means the computer does the defending for you, but wont let you tackle them.
How does everyone else handle it?
Thanks given by:
I just went back to Legacy defending...can't be arsed to learn the new one.
Thanks given by:
[Image: untitle.JPG]
PES all the way!
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 12, 08:23PM)Aekom Wrote: I just went back to Legacy defending...can't be arsed to learn the new one.

Cant for online matches though :/
(01 Mar 12, 08:26PM)Andrez Wrote: PES all the way!

haha, just like my RE teacher says
Thanks given by:
PES ruined my life, and I didnt complain!
Protips:
In PS3 O is your best ally.
In XBOX B is your best ally
When in doubt, pess B or 0.
When everything else fails sign Matterazi.

I dont play FIFA.
Thanks given by:
I care not for football.
Its sold out a little more than i would like.
This is what football has become for me... lololol
All million dollar contracts, million dollar cars and million dollar divorce settlements. ;)

[/rant]
Enjoy for your own reasons though, i'm not telling you to hate it. :D
Thanks given by:
inb4 Castiel storming in
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 12, 08:10PM)Hellspell Wrote: any fifa players?
I played FIFA since 95 (mega drive :D) until i tried PES. That brings me great memories of really competitive games between brothers and neighbours.
There is a push button to rush 1 or 2 other defensive players to try to get the ball/cover that path while you strategicly position the player you have under control. The best defensive strategy for me turned out to be 4-2-3-1 ;)

Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 12, 10:58PM)titiPT Wrote: inb4 Castiel storming in

I was going to mention Cas :>
Thanks given by:
I've been playing FIFA games since the 2006 World Cup version came out, and when I got FIFA 2012 a few months ago I was also a bit confused at how I was supposed to defend, I used to get scored on so many times that I had to learn to simply score more than my opponent. With experience and practice you'll start getting the hang of defending, what I do now is use L2 like you do, and just get close to the player and if you're close enough the computer will do a little tackle for you.

The problem of pressing O so much is that if you fail the tackle, it's very probably that you will be too slow to get back in position and the opponent will get a wide spot to go forward. Use O as a last resort (when your defenders are running behind the attacker) or when you are certain that there is simply no way that you can miss the tackle. With time you will being to not fail so many tackles lol
Thanks given by:
the problem with that is you actually have to do the defending, you have to counter there movements yourself, where as using A the computer reacts and changes direction instantaneaously
Thanks given by:
Where's the fun in that? :D
Thanks given by: