Frag video - OpTic
Hi all. This is my frag video, contains a few clips from various demo's, from both pubs and clan matches.

Its nothing special but Aight took a lot of effort to make this video so all thanks goes to him. Enjoy.

EDIT: I'd watch it on vimeo for slightly better quality.
Thanks given by:
Nice video :D
Thanks given by:
*Gib video

Good job :)
Thanks given by:
I realized this one little thing after a few attempts at recording footage from demos.

Try to keep the shots straight (i.e. don't follow the player around with the camera). If you can either get the first person view, or use a static camera positioned to view the emphasized action (in this case mostly headshots) in full detail, you will have a more straightforward, easy to follow shot.

Also, in regards to the "it's in your eyes..." intro...

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

Thanks given by:
Nice vid mate :)
Thanks given by:
Nice vid, and nice music! I enjoyed it.
Thanks given by:
yet another vid where sgtd gets owned
Thanks given by:
The camera moved with sections of the beat. Nice touch.
Thanks given by:
It's not an OpTical Illusion! :P
Ucwutididthar?
Thanks given by:
Is there a command to set the movement speed of the ghost camera?

Also:
(23 Feb 12, 04:34AM)gambino Wrote: yet another vid where sgtd gets owned
Teehee.
Thanks given by:
GDM: I believe the only option is to do /gamespeed.
Thanks given by:
Wow Optic, you told me your movie was comming soon and it would be way better, and it is!
The start is just epic, I couldnt even count the ammount of headshots you did in douze. And it was not a random public with noobs, it was an 1v1, awesome. And another highlight: 467453846° Headshot at 2:03 ZOMG *.*

Gj mate :)
Thanks given by:
(23 Feb 12, 02:08PM)M__Stayla Wrote: And another highlight: 467453846° Headshot at 2:03 ZOMG *.*
Lol, great video !
Thanks given by:
(23 Feb 12, 02:08PM)M__Stayla Wrote: Wow Optic, you told me your movie was comming soon and it would be way better, and it is!
The start is just epic, I couldnt even count the ammount of headshots you did in douze. And it was not a random public with noobs, it was an 1v1, awesome. And another highlight: 467453846° Headshot at 2:03 ZOMG *.*

Gj mate :)

Lol! Thanks :) It was a 1v1 vs {BoB}Legend actually. There was obviously a possibility that i could have got more than 5 in a row.. but he left :LL

Viper Wrote:Try to keep the shots straight (i.e. don't follow the player around with the camera). If you can either get the first person view, or use a static camera positioned to view the emphasized action (in this case mostly headshots) in full detail, you will have a more straightforward, easy to follow shot.

I understand what you're saying, and i agree with you to some extent. You must understand that this was Aight's video, not mine. If it were me i would have included mostly first person clips, with possibly a reply in 3rd person.

Thanks given by:
i'm glad im not starring in this vid :D
Thanks given by:
Nice video you made optic ;)
Here is a little Video of mine...I made it like 2 or 3 months ago, but it´s cool :P

Video-Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8grOIG-8Nc
Thanks given by:
Um mate, .EL., I encourage you to make another thread if you wish to promote your vid, don't post it on another person's thread, it ain't that respectful.
Thanks given by:
Its all good :)

Nice vid EL
Thanks given by:
(23 Feb 12, 11:01PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Um mate, .EL., I encourage you to make another thread if you wish to promote your vid, don't post it on another person's thread, it ain't that respectful.

youtube all over again
Thanks given by:
Great vid!
Thanks given by:
less pubs (i.e none)

good editing + clips, altho i think the editing was kind of off at times, way too much third person.
Thanks given by:
Awesome video, OpTic!

I think there are ways to bypass YouTube's copyright music problem, if you still want it up on YouTube.. Ironically, I learned how to do it from YouTube videos.
Thanks given by:
Sweet vid OpTic! Enjoyed watching!
Thanks given by:
Nice video, good editing/frags/music. Good job, Mr. OpTic
Thanks given by:
*Update* - I hope I'm not a gravedigger...

A few small changes on the overall vid but also some major ones like cutting out the last 50 seconds (cause they've been worse than the rest of the vid) and improving the quality (I lost my render settings temporarely which is why I used that greyish looking .wmv-format). Same update on vimeo, same link as before (check Optics first post). This is the final version.

Unfortunately, the vid is blocked in the USA (United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, United States Virgin Islands - youtube). I'm sorry for that :(

(23 Feb 12, 03:48AM)Viper Wrote: Try to keep the shots straight (i.e. don't follow the player around with the camera). If you can either get the first person view, or use a static camera positioned to view the emphasized action (in this case mostly headshots) in full detail, you will have a more straightforward, easy to follow shot.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to follow it in future vids :) I just have been using so much movement cause I knew (before I was editing) that I kinda had to be able to keep up with the music I wanted to use xD That's why I almost never stopped moving.

(23 Feb 12, 10:32AM)GDM Wrote: Is there a command to set the movement speed of the ghost camera?

I used the gamespeed command as Wolf mentioned already.

(25 Feb 12, 06:38AM)Undead Wrote: way too much third person.

Yes, indeed. Thanks for mentioning this. I've to find a better mix of first and third person view in the future. But I also used so much third person in this vid because it looked better most of the times and faster than in real time (check 02:06 for instance, looks much faster but in fact it's gamespeed 100).

Thanks for the positive and critical feedback, I appreciate it :)
Thanks given by:
Great Video...nice uplifting choice of music too :)

Would also like more 1st person footage...but really nice! I think AC Videos are probably a good way to attract new players.

Keep it up!

p.s. reallllyyyy enjoyed the part with the two perspectives on ac_shine...neat :)
Thanks given by:
I didn't even know you were able to frag.
Thanks given by:
(17 Mar 12, 08:23PM)Sacerockin Wrote: I didn't even know you were able to frag.
One would think that from all those headshots ;)
Thanks given by: