My gallery:
assault-custom
[Image: ytuyyt10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
nice :D i like them!
Thanks given by:
Not bäd!
Thanks given by:
I also think some are cool but what about licences? This is all makkE's work Photoshoped...
Thanks given by:
I redraw everything in illustrator and I add textures in photoshop

95% in illustrator
5% in photoshop
Thanks given by:
Great work man!
Thanks given by:
Still think it would be awesome to add the blood AFTER you attack someone in game.
Nice mods.
Thanks given by:
Actually, there should be a problem about the licence CC….thanks for having underlined this point « DES Cleaner » because i’ve forgotten the most important thing ^^

You say that my skins are all makkE's work Photoshoped...that’s true, I use makkE’s skin basis to redraw all of the textures in order to have the best placement to recreate the 3D view from makkE. But I didn’t only change the color of the original skin from makkE. In my point of view, it would be too easy to do this and there would be no merit for having this kind of result…

So, as I don’t want to have any problem with the AC’s founders, I have closed my gallery until they answer my question (can I freely diffuse the textures from makkE which have been redrawn by me?). If they answer “no”, I’ll definitively close my gallery without any hesitation as I don’t want any problem with the community of AssaultCube, neither with the game’s creators.

I’ve looked on Akimbo, to see how the downloadable skins were presented. Some of them have a “text” file enclosed with the texture and it shows a “licence” and explain that makkE is the author of the original skin and that Mr X as modified it etc…
I’ll do just like that, adding a “text” file to each picture, with some details saying that the original creator is makkE and that the file which is proposed as completely been redrawn by p0ska, respecting the base of the skin created by makkE …
I’ll also add on each texture an inscription like ‘by makkE, edit p0ska’.

I only want to do things by following the rules. If I make a mistake or forget something which deceive you, do not hesitate and tell me about it! I’ll do all I can to do my best, I want to do things like it must be done.

I am an ordinary graphic artist who likes playing with textures in order to recreate them and freely share them…

To conclude, I just wait for the agreement of the AC’s founders (especially from makkE), to know what I have to do because I clearly know that without him I couldn’t have create any of those textures.

Thanks to you and to all others people for their compliments because it tooks me hours to realise all of these skins…. although it does not seems to.
Thanks given by:
This license covers all the weapon hud models and skins:
http://actiongame.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...ision=6762 Wrote:You are free:

* to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
* to make derivative works

Under the following conditions:

"by"
-Attribution. You must give the original author credit.
"nc"
-Non-Commercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
"sa"
-Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a licence identical to this one.

* For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the licence terms of this work.
* Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
This means (basically) that you can use and edit the images, but you must include this license.

All of the licenses for any other skins/media are in the installation on your computer, just look for txt files named "license" or something similar.

Also, I like your skins. They look like very good work :)
Thanks given by:
(23 Feb 12, 10:12PM)Lantry Wrote: This license covers all the weapon hud models and skins:
http://actiongame.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...ision=6762 Wrote:You are free:

* to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
* to make derivative works

Under the following conditions:

"by"
-Attribution. You must give the original author credit.
"nc"
-Non-Commercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
"sa"
-Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a licence identical to this one.

* For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the licence terms of this work.
* Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
This means (basically) that you can use and edit the images, but you must include this license.

All of the licenses for any other skins/media are in the installation on your computer, just look for txt files named "license" or something similar.

Also, I like your skins. They look like very good work :)

Lol it's okay to mode these items p0ska just include ^above^ license in the package. :D
Thanks given by:
You can use those skins, if all of it was drawn by you, tbh probably the first who did that. All of the rights of those skins belong to you.
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 12, 04:54PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Still think it would be awesome to add the blood AFTER you attack someone in game.
Nice mods.

Definitely...

Thanks given by:
p0ska I am glad you're taking this more seriously than others and you've just earn yourself from my point of view a respect token (keep it somewhere safe as some may want nick it of you).

Indeed as it was explained simply add a readme.text humbly saying you modded makkE's work.

Sinon, si tu souhaites plus d'infos ou bla bla rejoins nous sur IRC @ irc://irc.gamesurge.net/akimbo
Thanks given by:
I do not think he modded makkE's work, from my understanding he just used makkE's work as a guide for where things go. Which could be done in blender/milkshake or w/e, but this works as well. You would need to provide attribution in this case as well?
Thanks given by:
I also think, it's not a modded work.
It's completely new created, kinda, like an Add-on for Makke's models.
And using the UV's is just a necessary step, to make the textures looking good.
That's no modding, in my point of view
Thanks given by:
Me likey. ;). Gg's today
Thanks given by:
Include license, insert "based on texture by... etc"

It's not modded, but based on (e.g. "based on a film by Mike Aukke")
Thanks given by:
I downloaded your gold skin pack, it is very nice work!
The way you handled the license is more than acceptable, kudos to you for taking the time to look into it.
However, make sure to delete the ".ds_store" files and the "__MACOSX" folder after zipping it up, as these can cause problems on other computers.
One problem in particular that I noticed is that the __MACOSX folder prevents the mod from working with Armory. Once you delete the __MACOSX folder, it works wonderfully :)

Also, on your website, the download button for the Blood Pack links to the gold pack.
Thanks given by:
To show such hidden files in on a Mac
Thanks given by:
To easily remove them, navigate into your mod folder in terminal (read the Navigating the Terminal section), and use this command:

rm -rf .DS_Store

and then package it however you did it before. These files get made whenever you open the window in the finder (essentially), so it is important you package it before going into the folder again.
Thanks given by: