creater a server in kubuntu 10.10
Hello, i am spanish my english maybe is basic.

I created a LAN server but i just can play in LAN with my brother

-I have got the correct version of AC, 1.0.0.4
-I have got the correct port opened: 28763-28764
-I have got Kubuntu 10.10

Is it necesary get a No-IP or buy a hold ip?

Thanks given by:
You should specify more exactly what the problem is. Do you get a "could not ping you" error back from the masterserver? Or are you just unable to connect via your own external IP (which is normal in some network setups and won't impair the functionality of your server)?
Thanks given by:
Don't report some error.

I can see the my server in the masterserver, and i can join to my server in: "Join to a LAN server". The problem is the people don't come, i am unable to connect via external IP, i call a friend, and he say "i can't".

Maybe is the firewall, what firewall do i must open? I openned 28763
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 12, 10:19PM)HYP3RTUX Wrote: ...
-I have got the correct version of AC, 1.0.0.4
1.0.0.4 is NOT the correct version. Download 1.1.0.4 here
Thanks given by:
sorry, i have got the 1.1.0.4, and not work the server the for out people.

Howeber, i demand if somebody want help me via Teamviewer, to install the server and make 100% operative for all people, and i will give the password admin of that server for the person who helped me.
Thanks given by:
Well, there are some things I don't understand.
One moment, you're talking about LAN (local area network), next time, you're talking about external IP.

If you want to play LAN, you and your brother need to be connected to the same "modem".

If you want him to connect to your public server, you need to be sure it appears in the masterserver list.
When you launch your server, do you get this message?
Quote:Feb 20 14:26:11 looking up assault.cubers.net...
Feb 20 14:26:11 master server registration succeeded
Thanks given by:
Te puedo ayudar yo!, tienes skype o ? envia un pm! y te ayudo a configurar el servers, si tambien tengo teamwiever!
Thanks given by:
EY!, i did!, i did all correct, yesterday i did the server work, but i forgot put the port in "UDP", so don't work, was very easy, but i forget the "UDP" XD.

Well, ty for all. Muchas gracias pixa!

AH! I have got a problem i can't change the description of my server, say: invalid vote.
I read the help but i can't understand what say. I think the help say the description will be avalible for the next game? or do i must restart my server?

I really don't understand, help pls.
Thanks given by:
Setting Up a Server

Command-line arguments
Thanks given by: