Looking for a map.
I was playing ac a while ago on a nuketown recreation. Ive looked around and searched the forums. Does anyOne know where i could download it?
Thanks given by:
Link

EDIT: By the way, the spawns in that map are stupid.
Thanks given by:
Nuketown is a wonderfully hectic Domination map. I used to hate it but I've grown to like it.
Thanks given by:
Thank you. The one thing about ac that call of duty will never have is that i can always fix the spawns :D also i went 102-3 on nuketown on splitsceen a couple of weeks ago because dominations so sick.
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 12, 03:54PM)ProSmoke Wrote: Not to brag or anything but i went 102-3 on nuketown NBD
Ohawtdayum.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHU8wcjTisE5xukfjylww...h3CkNVZMjQ]
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 12, 04:21PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(20 Feb 12, 03:54PM)ProSmoke Wrote: Not to brag or anything but i went 102-3 on nuketown NBD
Ohawtdayum.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHU8wcjTisE5xukfjylww...h3CkNVZMjQ]

Rofl... Gotta remember that one.
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 12, 03:54PM)ProSmoke Wrote: Thank you. The one thing about ac that call of duty will never have is that i can always fix the spawns :D
What?
Are you editing maps that other made?
:/
Thanks given by:
Oh no im just saying that if you ever wanted to you vould. I personally dont mind the spawn sustem on ac nuketown. And i agree that is wrong to do unless ypu have permission :/
Thanks given by:
Well I met some guy on insanity_room (he was the maker) and he had special boxing ring that he wanted everyone to go to a special LSS area of the map first instead of killing each other at spawn so I edited the map for him so that everyone spawned at the ring and he was delighted. I see no harm in editing the nuketown spawns as long as you don't give yourself credit for it as it isn't your map.
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 12, 08:35PM)D1551D3N7 Wrote: ...

The point that OS was trying to make was that it's not allowed to edit other people's maps without permission.
Thanks given by:
As long as credit is given, I don't think asking should be necessary o.O
This is an open source game. That's how these things should work.
Thanks given by:
Just because the game itself is open source doesn't necessarily mean that the contributions from the community are. I agree that the open source nature is part of the appeal, but for certain licensing terms with textures/etc. permission should certainly be attained (if not required) to edit other people's work.

EDIT: with the intent of redistribution ofc
Thanks given by:
If I had people editing my maps with permission, I'd be pretty pissed. Don't want people noobing my maps, and then since they "don't get credit" it looks like I did the noobing. GG LOGICZ
Thanks given by:
@Waffles,

I was going to argue against you based on AC being 'open source' and the fact that these maps are being distributed without licenses. I originally interpreted this to mean that these maps are essentially public domain.

I was conflating 'open source' with 'permissive license with copyleft' (I was only familiar with the GPL). But AC, although it is open source, it has a rather strict license.
Quote:You may re-compress the AssaultCube package(s) using different archival formats (i.e. zip/tgz/rpm/deb/dmg).
Any other changes beyond this, require EXPLICIT permission.
Quote:PLEASE NOTE: This license is for the entire UNMODIFIED AssaultCube package(s). You may choose to disect, and use or redistribute, etc. pieces of AssaultCube, instead of the entire package(s) if you wish. HOWEVER, you must adhere to the license specified for that particular data. If no license is specified, you MUST assume that the data is COPYRIGHT and you are NOT allowed to redistribute that data outside of an UNMODIFIED AssaultCube package(s).

So, regardless of what the mapmakers themselves feel, I think modifying maps would contradict the AC license for two reasons:
1. If you assume the maps are part of the 'AC package', then, since they have no accompanying license, they are to be assumed copyright.
2. If you assume the maps are not part of the 'AC package', then, although they have no accompanying license, they are still the intellectual property of their creators, regardless of how they are distributed.
Thanks given by: