Hit drops issue?
I was playing this morning on {BoB}Marley server [LADDER].
Before playing sniper, i was using the SMG but i saw they were a lot of hit who didn't count.
I took the sniper and all i get is this shit:

3 headshots in a row, this guy (DRAGON) wasn't hacking at all (because i headshoted him 5-6 times only on ac_desert3) so i think this is a serious problem.
I wasn't recording with Fraps and only AC/TS3 were open on my computer.
Thanks given by:
Your FPS.
Cap it.
Thanks given by:
Jesus christ. Maybe he just lagged really hard.

And yes as MasterKaen says you should really cap your FPS to elimanate hit drops.
I got 32% drops with /maxfps 0 (basically my fps running wild), but when I max it at 200 I get 3% drops and when I max it at 75 I didn't get a single drop in half an hour of playing AR/SMG.
Thanks given by:
Hitreg is supposedly fixed for next release. So yell at devs to gogogo. We don't pay them to sit around. >:[

Thanks given by:
For those with broken sarcasm detectors: don't actually yell at the devs.

(13 Feb 12, 07:46PM)Nightmare Wrote: We don't pay them
Thanks given by:
(13 Feb 12, 07:33PM)MasterKaen Wrote: Your FPS.
Cap it.

What are the benefits of capping FPS? Mine usually stays at 58-60 by default on Windows but goes from 150-200 on my Mac.
Thanks given by:
(13 Feb 12, 08:06PM)MasterKaen Wrote: For those with broken sarcasm detectors: don't actually yell at the devs.

(13 Feb 12, 07:46PM)Nightmare Wrote: We don't pay them

It doesn't work anyway *experience*
Thanks given by:
(13 Feb 12, 08:34PM)CaptainAhab Wrote: What are the benefits of capping FPS?

I won't pretend to fully understand it, but from what I gather the dropped shots are caused by an attempt at frame rate independent firing. This code is apparently not perfectly functional in 1.1.0.4 (although it has been fixed in the next release by all accounts). The flaw/bug/idiosyncrasy is exacerbated by variations in your frame rate. By capping your frame rate you should be able to keep it constant, thereby avoiding the bug and reducing your drop rate.

My story is similar to Vanq's.
/maxfps 0  -> 24% dropped
/maxfps 50 ->  0% dropped

You just need to play around to find your magic number, as it varies for most people.
Thanks given by:
(13 Feb 12, 07:38PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: Jesus christ. Maybe he just lagged really hard.

And yes as MasterKaen says you should really cap your FPS to elimanate hit drops.
I got 32% drops with /maxfps 0 (basically my fps running wild), but when I max it at 200 I get 3% drops and when I max it at 75 I didn't get a single drop in half an hour of playing AR/SMG.

Guys, i usually have around 500 fps, i will not record a video with 500 fps in (or just imagine the video weight seriously...).
It's obs from a demo.
Thanks given by:
(13 Feb 12, 10:09PM).ExodusS* Wrote: Guys, i usually have around 500 fps

Uncapped frame rate detected.
Thanks given by:
(13 Feb 12, 09:11PM)MasterKaen Wrote:
(13 Feb 12, 08:34PM)CaptainAhab Wrote: What are the benefits of capping FPS?

I won't pretend to fully understand it, but from what I gather the dropped shots are caused by an attempt at frame rate independent firing. This code is apparently not perfectly functional in 1.1.0.4 (although it has been fixed in the next release by all accounts). The flaw/bug/idiosyncrasy is exacerbated by variations in your frame rate. By capping your frame rate you should be able to keep it constant, thereby avoiding the bug and reducing your drop rate.

My story is similar to Vanq's.
/maxfps 0  -> 24% dropped
/maxfps 50 ->  0% dropped

You just need to play around to find your magic number, as it varies for most people.

Hm, kinda surprised that you even got shots out at 0 fps.
Thanks given by:
(13 Feb 12, 05:56PM).ExodusS* Wrote: i headshoted him 5-6 times only on ac_desert3 so i think this is a serious problem.

meh, you want a perfect hitreg? go play another game /:D
i lose hits even with 0% hitdrops, can you believe it? i bet you can, i can play crisis and cod mw3, can't play ac :}D

Thanks given by:
/maxfps 1000
Thanks given by: