I can't run my server in 1.1?
Hey everyone!
I just downloaded AC 1.1 for Mac (don't like it very much). I installed it, updated my blacklists and whitelists, then started up the server. Unfortunately, my log recorded that the Masterserver could not ping me. Why is this? My server worked fine in 1.0.4 . No settings on my router or computer have been changed, and my IP address has remained the same. Do I need to forward more or different ports for the new version? Also, how do I use the motd_en.txt file in the config folder on my server? All I get is the MOTD to say config/motd_en (hehe).

If anybody is going to scoff at me for asking a n00b question, let me remind them that I actually download and watch every single demo of the server that was recorded while I was away multiple times to look for hackers, update my blacklist, and post evidence online for people to see. Sorry if I sound rude, but this has happened to me way too much.

Thanks,
{FsC}fragBike
Thanks given by:
Try setting and forwarding different ports. Solved my MS registration problem as well as that of MM10.
Thanks given by:
which ports should i forward? currently i have 28763-28764 udp and tcp forwarded.
Thanks given by:
to change ur motd, go to servercmd line and change it in there
Thanks given by:
Set different port with the -f switch. You'll have to forward that port and that port +1 (just like 28763 and 28764).
Thanks given by:
ima little confused... get me unbanned from irc so i can chat with you? lol

which port is that port?

bricksquad, the new version of ac integrated a motd_en.txt and im too lazy to use cmdline
Thanks given by:
"get me unbanned from irc so i can chat with you?"
you are most likely banned from a #Channel, just connect to IRC and type....
/msg (nickname) talk to me i need sex/drugs/Rock&Roll

If you need to be in a channel, type.....
/join #FsC_assaultcube

If you need a fun Clan.....
Join |KH|Kellhounds
Thanks given by:
im banned from the #assaultcube channel... so screw irc i was joking. anyways, i still cant get my server up :P
Thanks given by:
i got an mac to and i can't make servers :/
Thanks given by:
(07 Aug 10, 08:20AM)Sc0r$ Wrote: i got an mac to and i can't make servers :/

I can help you with that. There is a post somewhere in the server section that has all the directions that I made, and it should work. Anyways, this isn't the thread to tell people that you can't make servers. noob ;)

*bumpty bump bump bumpty bump bump look at frosty go* HELP?!
Thanks given by: