Feng + aPro (SON!C) cheat proof
At 12:26 remaining Feng reloads from 0/17 ammo to 20/3.
At 11:56 remaining aPro reloads from 0/11 ammo to 20/7.
Watch 10 seconds before these parts in gamespeed 10.

Demo: http://www.mediafire.com/?0bgu0xo78g1jowk

Proof discovered by C4rma and Drool; I only posted it.

Worth noting it also looks like they're wallhacking a bit later and speed hacking slightly. aPro is an "ex"-cheater too. I'm surprised given all the experience he has he's still so indiscrete.

Finally, as aG cup admin, you're not welcome to be the second backup team any longer.

See ya later KyR.
Thanks given by:
Screenshot for Feng:

[Image: 2rdguar.jpg]

[Image: 157hyzs.jpg]

[Image: o87p4.jpg]

0/17 to 20/3 ammo?
Thanks given by:
Isnt there a glitch in demos when it comes to ammo?
I mean, this has been talked about before - or do i remember so wrong?
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4180.html

For reference.

However, this was on a hitreg fixed server, so bullets should't be dropped. Looking at the source, you would see why. Unless 6 attack packets got dropped...
Thanks given by:
Thought this was known already ;0
Thanks given by:
On a none fixedhitreg server maybe.
Thanks given by:
It's been noted that this can be a bug however in this case he was playing a on a hit-fixed server. This is the code the server runs:

clientstate &gs = c->state;
    int wait = e.millis - gs.lastshot;
    if(!gs.isalive(gamemillis) ||
       e.gun<GUN_KNIFE || e.gun>=NUMGUNS ||
       gs.mag[e.gun]<=0)
        return;
    if(e.gun!=GUN_KNIFE) gs.mag[e.gun]--;

The bug couldn't possibly occur on a fixed server because it's hit-fixed. That means we're sure that the bullet will get past the first conditional and therefore the server can't get out of sync. It's hard to explain this to non-programmers but essentially, it shouldn't happen at all.
Thanks given by:
I think its a glitch, i dont have ammo hack lol
Thanks given by:
you have a 3rd party program though it looks like ;)
Thanks given by:
I guess we'll see in due time, Feng
Thanks given by:
I had a very similar problem but encountered it in spectator. I was spectating my sister play AC as a fairly new player with an AR and I noticed the ammo numbers on her screen were off to my screen so I told her to empty the gun. It was completely empty for her but still showed up as 1/7 for me. It was on a laggy arse server so that's what I blamed. This was maybe 3 months ago.

Said from X-Ray-Dog
Thanks given by:
btw, Feng said that aPro = FuRy.

Edit: To me it looks like we already concluded that lag has nothing to do with it.
Thanks given by:
no aPro = sonic
Thanks given by:
Lol so two cheaters?

And if you were watching your sister play.. why not just look over her shoulder...
Thanks given by:
no aPro = waagner

:>
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 12, 01:32AM)Feng Wrote: I had a very similar problem but encountered it in spectator. I was spectating my sister play AC as a fairly new player with an AR and I noticed the ammo numbers on her screen were off to my screen so I told her to empty the gun. It was completely empty for her but still showed up as 1/7 for me. It was on a laggy arse server so that's what I blamed. This was maybe 3 months ago.

On a non-fixed server that is likely. On a fixed server there is no way that I can see that happening though. I can't see how the bullet could be lost causing the server to become out of sync. There are only a few checks on a fixed server and they never produce false-positives in my experience. This becomes a matter of proving there are no false-positives with non-cheat clients.
Thanks given by:
Check his client info rofl. :D
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 12, 01:52AM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: Check his client info rofl. :D

1104|840 which appears at least to be the default Windows client.
Thanks given by:
lolz
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 12, 02:06AM)Feng Wrote: lolz

Many, many cheaters appear to have a normal client. We might say all clients that identify as cheats are cheats, but the converse isn't necessarily true.
Thanks given by:
lol
meh, i guess being a very good player, isnt good :/
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Feng, you're not that good, about average really
Thanks given by:
Once a nice person told me that the only person who 100% knows if you're a cheater or not is yourself, so on my screen, i know im not a cheater, but if you guys think im a cheater then thats fine with you, believe what you wish, i know myself im not a cheater, so its time for me to move on to another game.
Thanks given by:
Don´t leave!!!!!1!11!11
(Or at least say what game are ya going to play to...)
Im miss TopGun a f****** lot...
Thanks given by:
How does a server being so called "hitreg fixed" affect the outcome of a demo lol?
Thanks given by:
If it recognizes every bullet, how can there be miscommunication between the client and the server, gambino
Thanks given by:
The only puzzling thing is that dropped shots should result in the server overestimating the player's ammo. In which case I don't think that unhits could cause this bug.

So either
  • there is no bug and it's the result of a hack
  • there is a bug we don't understand

For example, in the thread Ronald_Reagan linked the only example of someone trustworthy exibiting the bug was X-Ray_Dog's. But in his case the server overestimated the amount of ammo his sister had, not underestimate. I just don't see why the server would underestimate the amount of ammo a player had.

In summary, I just don't see why the server would think a player had less ammo than they actually did. But on the other hand, non-fixed servers could well show a player having more ammo than they actually do.
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 12, 03:31AM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: If it recognizes every bullet, how can there be miscommunication between the client and the server, gambino

Because its a bug with the demos.......
Thanks given by:
This seams interesting and a bit fishy....
Thanks given by: