My Cubase Dance Tune

Any comments good or bad accepted
Thanks given by:
A little light, but that's just taste ;)
though it does get pretty good around 1:45 with that sort of build-up or something
Thanks given by:
Not my style but it definitely sounds nice :)
Thanks given by:
Love it,

2:00
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu

2:19
Tururu
Tururu
Tururu

Turururururururururururu
Tum tum tum
Turururururururururururu
Tum tum tum
Turururururururururururu
Tum tum tum
Turururururururururururu
Tum tum tum
Turururururururururururu

2:49

TU TU
TU TU
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
TU TU
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
TU TU
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu Tu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu Tu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu
Tu turu turu...
Thanks given by:
thanks very much guys :)
Thanks given by:
Little bit too simple.
Thanks given by:
okay, what do you suggest i add?
Thanks given by:
Side-chain compression, maybe use some better synths, and increase the tempo by ~5 bpm
Thanks given by:
Subdominant -> dominant -> tonic

YES !

congratz u've understood the secret, keep going
Thanks given by:
(05 Feb 12, 04:06PM)Viper Wrote: Side-chain compression, maybe use some better synths, and increase the tempo by ~5 bpm

whats side-chain compression? i thought the sounds on sampletank were nothing special but i couldn't change what the school computer gave me to use, i messed around with the tempo but personally i liked that one best

(05 Feb 12, 04:34PM)SiL3nT Wrote: Subdominant -> dominant -> tonic

YES !

congratz u've understood the secret, keep going
so your point?
Thanks given by:
Your drum line in the beginning was interesting but you need to elaborate. I suggest like a really nice full BASS jk. But on the serious note, you really need to compress some of that. It sounds pretty boring no offense when it's low. Maybe make the sythns a bit deeper and louder. Plus you always want the drums to be nice and thick. It creates a nice atmosphere. I liked the way you formed your song though. The breaks between melodic patterns were nice. KEEP WORKING. I didn't stop when I couldn't get my bass right. Now I achieved it partially and I'm really happy.
(05 Feb 12, 05:59PM)Hellspell Wrote: [quote='Viper' pid='86433' dateline='1328454384']
Side-chain compression, maybe use some better synths, and increase the tempo by ~5 bpm
Side chainning is when you add diffrent effect to a sound and it creates like a chain. So lets say you add a compressor and like a phaser. They are going to be working together on that one sound.

Thanks given by:
thanks, so basically you're saying the music's there but not the production? i dunno if i'll get the chance to compress it because it was for a school assessment that's done now but i'll give it a try if i get the chance. do you know by any chance how that's done on cubase?
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 12, 07:43PM)Hellspell Wrote: thanks, so basically you're saying the music's there but not the production? i dunno if i'll get the chance to compress it because it was for a school assessment that's done now but i'll give it a try if i get the chance. do you know by any chance how that's done on cubase?

No sorry I use Ableton Live 8. My best suggestion would be looking in the devices that come with cubase.
p.s. Wow you make music in school wtf man If I could do that that would be awesome , my school sux.
Thanks given by:
Well I don't get to use it all that often. It was only because it was a GCSE piece, in normal music lessons it's all sitting reading an anthology :|
Thanks given by: