Suggestions?
Hi there. i was just thinking to myself what could we add in the next version and came up with a couple things...

How about turrets? like unmovable machine guns. 50 bullets a clip, make them unaccurate and put in a lot of recoil, and give 30 damage each shot. also, to make odds better for enemies going against the turret: each time a player steps up to a turret or dettatches from it, the process takes two seconds. easier to be naded. also a 4 second reload time...basically if a turret were to be in the next version of AC, i would not want it as a means of creating more noobs but rather a last resort. you have low health, more than one enemy is coming your way, and you have basically one chance to kill (4 seconds is a very long time to reload). i think putting turrets in would give a cool twist in change of tactics. plus it could probably take care of the shotgun issue MykeGregory is having.

another thought...40 person servers and bigger maps? maybe lifting map restrictions is not necessary but to make the game seem more war like ,give it more people! 20 players for each team playing on a map twice as big. it would put more value on flags and stop AR players from using the advantage of a recoil by having to take cover.

thoughts? hate it or love it?
Thanks given by:
Hmm adding that would be intresting however with the big maps or 40 player servers not sure if thats a great idea
Thanks given by:
1) Switch turret with combat pistol.
2) Switch 40 with 12.
Thanks given by:
(05 Feb 12, 12:44PM)Nightmare Wrote: 2) Switch 40 with 12.

Actually, I'd prefer 16. IMO, a lot of servers can't even support 20 players. 40 players would be so laggy.
Thanks given by:
(05 Feb 12, 07:00AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: ...plus it could probably take care of the shotgun issue MykeGregory is having...

..I dont use the shotgun.
Thanks given by:
1) Hate it. That's a nice idea for other games (it does wonders on TF2), but it's not assaultcube.
2) If maps were REALLY big, that could be good, but i don't see the map restrictions being changed so drastically anytime soon. Therefore, 40 people servers would just become noob orgies.
Thanks given by:
(05 Feb 12, 12:46PM)Orynge Wrote:
(05 Feb 12, 12:44PM)Nightmare Wrote: 2) Switch 40 with 12.

Actually, I'd prefer 16. IMO, a lot of servers can't even support 20 players. 40 players would be so laggy.

Or 16. ;)

lot of 'ok' servers getting overlagged.
less players max = more populated servers = more map/mode diversity(well, hopefully) = less lag. :D

Even the biggest official maps get overrun with 18-20...
Thanks given by:
Er, changes the whole essence of the game. Better to make another cube game. Like Cube of Duty Black ops. :P
Thanks given by:
yeah these suggestions are pretty awful no offense. Anything that ties people down further and encourages camping more will have a negative overall effect on gameplay imo. I believe your heart is in the right place, but maybe consider next time about true improvements and not just adaptations of other games. if you want to have those features, play those games. cheers
Thanks given by:
(05 Feb 12, 12:49PM)MykeGregory Wrote:
(05 Feb 12, 07:00AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: ...plus it could probably take care of the shotgun issue MykeGregory is having...

no i mean you constantly complain about all the shotgun noobs
(06 Feb 12, 09:31PM)Waffles Wrote: yeah these suggestions are pretty awful no offense. Anything that ties people down further and encourages camping more will have a negative overall effect on gameplay imo. I believe your heart is in the right place, but maybe consider next time about true improvements and not just adaptations of other games. if you want to have those features, play those games. cheers

yea tell the truth i had no idea where i was going with it. i was just liek "hory shet random idea" and was bored to i decided to post it and see what people think...
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 12, 10:27PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: ...was bored to i decided to post it and see what people think...

the defining quality of all spam \:D
Thanks given by:
20v20 douze F1.
Thanks given by:
(08 Feb 12, 05:37AM)Cemer Wrote: 20v20 douze F1.

AAAAWWWWWW YYYYEEEEAAAAA
(08 Feb 12, 02:31AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(06 Feb 12, 10:27PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: ...was bored to i decided to post it and see what people think...

the defining quality of all spam \:D

[Image: tumblrlq57hhowns1qzot6a.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^ More evidence for ShadZ's Theory of ACing
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 12, 10:27PM)MerCyKiL Wrote:

no i dont. The shotgun is overpowered, what can i say.
Thanks given by:
(10 Feb 12, 03:08PM)MykeGregory Wrote:
(06 Feb 12, 10:27PM)MerCyKiL Wrote:

no i dont. The shotgun is overpowered, what can i say.

agreed. i dont got a problem with that. when i said you "complain" i didnt mean it in a bad lol :) ...u have just been vocal about your opinion on some other threads thats all...
(10 Feb 12, 06:36AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: ^^ More evidence for ShadZ's Theory of ACing

:D
Thanks given by:
Fair do's :D!
Thanks given by:
(05 Feb 12, 07:00AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: another thought...40 person servers and bigger maps? maybe lifting map restrictions is not necessary but to make the game seem more war like ,give it more people! 20 players for each team playing on a map twice as big. it would put more value on flags and stop AR players from using the advantage of a recoil by having to take cover.
every version of ac except 1.1.x.x had a max server limit of 256 but they downsized to 20 due to the 50 player servers lessening the options of games to play.
(as in instead of having 5 active 20 person servers you had 2 active 50 person servers)
Thanks given by:
(10 Feb 12, 09:57PM)MerCyKiL Wrote:
(10 Feb 12, 06:36AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: ^^ More evidence for ShadZ's Theory of ACing

:D

...wut
Thanks given by:
(11 Feb 12, 05:04PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: ...wut

better question..

Y do i get the feeling that u wanna start wars with others?
Thanks given by:
(11 Feb 12, 09:51AM)XFA Wrote: every version of ac except 1.1.x.x had a max server limit of 256 but they downsized to 20 due to the 50 player servers lessening the options of games to play.
(as in instead of having 5 active 20 person servers you had 2 active 50 person servers)

Damn good move to I agree
Thanks given by:
(11 Feb 12, 08:30PM)Iguana Wrote: better question..

Y do i get the feeling that u wanna start wars with others?
Idk. You have some weird feelings, I guess. :P
Thanks given by:
*agrees with iguana*
you're being a little aggressive for me just stating my opinions...

remember this? http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4675.html
it seems you have trouble following your own word. :|
Thanks given by:
(12 Feb 12, 12:20AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: *agrees with iguana*

welcome to the internet, sire. care for some tea?
Thanks given by:
(12 Feb 12, 06:23AM)Cemer Wrote:
(12 Feb 12, 12:20AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: *agrees with iguana*

welcome to the internet, sire. care for some tea?

glad if i do Cemer.
[Image: lulzsec160x160.jpg]

ShadowZ on the other hand probably cares for some Haterade
[Image: 50455156751081003542902.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Since about 15 of the last posts are irrelevant to this thread's purpose, and we already have a thread concerning ideas and suggestions for the upcoming versions I will close this thread for now. If anyone has a reasonable reason to keep it open PM me.
Thanks given by: