World Gaming Record - 1000 Player FPS!
This is what happens when 999 gamers play on the same map ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNN_J0g5fmQ
Thanks given by:
max cn is from 1.0 version, i dunno how many AC can handle but at least we should try.. the problem is AC hasn't so many players...
Thanks given by:
I'll get my whole school on ;)
Thanks given by:
dear god
Thanks given by:
Ye undead is right ask god to play he has many angels and dlaves up there
Thanks given by:
[Image: mother-of-god-meme.jpg]

We have to try 1000 CTF Douze.

EDIT: Think about it. AC could be in the world record books.
Thanks given by:
(01 Feb 12, 09:15AM)Alien Wrote: max cn is from 1.0 version...
You're right, but the maximum only applies to master server registration. You can still start a server with more than 20.
Quote:...i dunno how many AC can handle...
It doesn't seem to show anything higher than 256, but I have no idea if this is the limit on capacity, or just the limit for that particular variable.
Quote:...but at least we should try.. the problem is AC hasn't so many players...
Yeah, you're looking at a maximum of ~350 players at any one time. AC is an ideal game for something like this because it's so easy to download and install temporarily. Any publicity is good publicity :)
Thanks given by:
It will lags hard.
Btw i remember a modified server on Crysis 1 with a huge map in CTF (about 1.5 hour to go to the enemy base) with more than 200 players on. :P
A game was during 24 hour.
Thanks given by:
Umm... and who could host a server for 1000 players in AC?
Thanks given by:
vote for 500 europeans versus 500 south americans on an australian server
Thanks given by:
(01 Feb 12, 01:39PM)Orynge Wrote: Umm... and who could host a server for 1000 players in AC?
Shush! Don't let cold hard facts stand in the way of ambition.
Thanks given by:
That's almost 5 times of the players in all AC at the same time LOL

Great record though!

(01 Feb 12, 01:39PM)Orynge Wrote: Umm... and who could host a server for 1000 players in AC?
The real question is: which map can host 1000 players at the same time? \:D
Thanks given by:
(01 Feb 12, 03:22PM)Andrez Wrote: The real question is: which map can host 1000 players at the same time? \:D

as said, ac_douze :D
Thanks given by:
Nah. realisticly it would have to be Power or Crouch Castle
hahaha.
Thanks given by:
(01 Feb 12, 01:07PM)jamz Wrote:
Quote:...i dunno how many AC can handle...
It doesn't seem to show anything higher than 256, but I have no idea if this is the limit on capacity, or just the limit for that particular variable.

Without looking at the source, I think you would get major bugs with anything above 256, but then again I don't know.
Thanks given by:
(01 Feb 12, 01:39PM)kleinkariert Wrote: vote for 500 europeans versus 500 south americans on an australian server

recipe for amazing disaster.
Thanks given by:
I had a server with 14 people before it started lagging. I had 768 Kbs internet speed (3/4 MBits)
If that's actually true, and can hold with more players, then it only needs a bit more than 50 megabits of interwebz
Thanks given by:
(01 Feb 12, 03:39PM)Marti Wrote:
(01 Feb 12, 03:22PM)Andrez Wrote: The real question is: which map can host 1000 players at the same time? \:D

as said, ac_douze :D

Everyone will start to spawn on each other.
Thanks given by:
(04 Feb 12, 08:47PM)hamolton Wrote: I had a server with 14 people before it started lagging. I had 768 Kbs internet speed (3/4 MBits)
If that's actually true, and can hold with more players, then it only needs a bit more than 50 megabits of interwebz

That's not true. You need exponentially more bandwidth as you add players.
I don't even want to imagine the kind of bandwidth needed for 1000 people.
Thanks given by:
(07 Feb 12, 07:00AM)Zarj Wrote:
(04 Feb 12, 08:47PM)hamolton Wrote: I had a server with 14 people before it started lagging. I had 768 Kbs internet speed (3/4 MBits)

i haz pr0 computernetwork at my school, i can maybe host it there :P
Thanks given by:
(07 Feb 12, 09:46PM)Marti Wrote:
(07 Feb 12, 07:00AM)Zarj Wrote:

i haz pr0 computernetwork at my school, i can maybe host it there :P
Speedtest? Got a computer capable?

Thanks given by:
:O
Hamolton from Xu?!
lol
Thanks given by:
(01 Feb 12, 03:22PM)Andrez Wrote: The real question is: which map can host 1000 players at the same time?

ac_magic-school...some crazy son of a bitch took probably about a year to make it. its pretty much an exact replica of that school in the harry potter movies

a new map idea for this: trench warfare. with location objectives. first team to capture and keep all objectives wins...

on topic: i think this would be awesome for the game. somehow we would need to find a way for a server to handle all this with reasonable ping...maybe theres an alternative way of creating a server to make it stronger?

and finally as a side note if such a game were to take place...
*MerCyKiL wantz machine gun turretz now!!!!*
Thanks given by:
I think some VPS on AC are already supporting more than 50 players on the same connection and in the same time, so it shouldn't be a problem. :)
Thanks given by:
Well with speedhax in edit mode in the next version of AC we could co-op a lot of mappers to make a massive map.
The internet at Google in Silicon Valley is 1GB/s what we need is an AWESOME server and AC could beat this record :P
Thanks given by: