A Secondary clan/Honor-ship for creativity?
I was originally thinking about a new clan only for creative and talented (in the different forms of modding, scripting, texturing, mapping, mapping) members of our community, then I realized that DES| had that covered.

I still wanted something like that, so I started thinking of a honor idea. It would kinda be a way to claim that you are respected in the community as a talented individual. You could wear a tag, or not. It wouldn't be like a clan in that it it doesn't hold clan matches, and probably wouldn't host a server (unless it had the maps made by the members being played).

I think it would be a nice idea. Just wondering, who would be interested in the idea, a few members I would ask to be in there would be DES|General Dissarray, DES|V-Man, Gibstick, DES|Bukz, makkE, and others (who aren't coming off of the top of my mind, like the devs, though saying your a dev is a honor enough). I was thinking the application process would be submitting a piece of your work to the captain of each category, captain being the elected individual that is most skilled in an area. So makkE might be the captain of the texturing/maybe mapping category. You could also get invited by a pre-existing member.

Tell me what you think of this idea, and if enough people tell me that they would like it, I'll try to get it set up.

A note for clan leaders, what would you think of this idea (I'm particularly curious about what you think), I think you could consider it a honor to have a member of your clan accepted into it.

Please, people tell me what you think, remember, that this would be a selective honor, with a fairly big review process. I'm not sure that if I wasn't setting it up that I would be accepted into it.
Thanks given by:
I suggested this probably about a year ago (well, something fairly similar) and there wasn't a great response.
I think the fact is that if you have contributed some valuable work to the community then there is no need to wear a tag, your work should be able to stand for itself.
Thanks given by:
It wasn't to promote your work, it would be to show that you are a contributing, valuable member of the community, also, if someone wanted to ask questions, they could ask the members of the group.
Thanks given by:
* DrauL thinks its a good idea.
Thanks given by:
I think the fact is that if you have contributed some valuable work to the community then there is no need to wear a tag, your work should be able to stand for itself.
^ this.
Sure, if you want a huge amount of 'OMGGZZZ HE CONTRIBUTES' then go ahead. But you don't need it.
Thanks given by:
Half the stuff I contributed is borked. The only noticeable thing that's good is the installer image and that won't last long because they have to make a new release quickly so they can fix all the things I borked. :D
No need for a special tag everyone knows who does what already.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your feed back, I think I'll need some real positive feed back to actually set it up now. I'll check in a few more days
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 10, 09:32AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: It would kinda be a way to claim that you are respected in the community as a talented individual.

DES syndrome
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 10, 09:32AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: a few members I would ask to be in there would be DES|General Dissarray, DES|V-Man, Gibstick, DES|Bukz, makkE

What about me? I thought I was your mac friend :L
Thanks given by:
We don't need yet another way to prove elitism in AC clans. "I > you because I'm in the honor-ship program/clan" is truly unneeded. Same thing as real life with Ivies and grades and honors and such. Needs less core elite
Thanks given by:
"Just a bunch of DES and noobstick"
no you find another way to put noobukz and gibby in the same clan.
Thanks given by:
its called join DES

looks like theres not to many people in your favor, but i get what you mean

awhile back, i think it was FD*SMG that made a little group called '3m'
it was for mappers that could use the tag and then players could recognize them as some one with mapping talent, so then ask questions, get ideas and so on..

but i don't think these ideas are needed or really work because if you want to know the who's who of ac, read a bit of the forums and use the irc
people with talent are already well known within the community
Thanks given by:
Ok, I was just wondering what the community thought of it. I came up with the idea very late at night, when I should've been sleeping. Ok, thanks for your input. (Ghost, as I said, it was late at night, so I didn't think of too many people, just the ones I talked to most recently. (I had some scripting questions)).
Close please :)
Thanks given by: