Map Load
Hey I'm making a server for my clan and they want t custom map to load on startup (for instance if nobody is in the server and when u come on it the default map is a random custom one) How do you achieve this? Do you make a custom directory? How?? Thanks!! :)
Thanks given by:
Add --loadmap=your_mapname into your .bat, .sh or launcher (I have no idea how you do this on a Mac), eg.
bin_win32\ac_client.exe --loadmap=ac_awesometastic --init %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
Use a simple text editor to edit the file.
edit: oh, wait, I just read "...for instance if nobody is in the server...". My solution loads that map when you start the game. The only way to get a specific map to load in a server is if you control the maprot file for that server, and you set it as the only map that supports 1 player.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 12, 06:39PM)jamz Wrote: Add --loadmap=your_mapname into your .bat, .sh or launcher (I have no idea how you do this on a Mac), eg.
bin_win32\ac_client.exe --loadmap=ac_awesometastic --init %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
Use a simple text editor to edit the file.
edit: oh, wait, I just read "...for instance if nobody is in the server...". My solution loads that map when you start the game. The only way to get a specific map to load in a server is if you control the maprot file for that server, and you set it as the only map that supports 1 player.
i want it 2 load custom map as deafult instead of ac_shcolfold or whtever... and is there a way to set a deafult mode for when the server is loaded? Thnx :)

Thanks given by:
Read what he wrote, the last part (starting with "edit: ")
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 12, 07:18PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Read what he wrote, the last part (starting with "edit: ")
I know, but how? I can't figure the code out...
Thanks given by:
Open AC/config/maprot.cfg and read the lines starting with //
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 12, 01:40AM)Frogulis Wrote: Open AC/config/maprot.cfg and read the lines starting with //

Thanks!!! And to u all 2!!! :D
Thanks given by: