Guyz Plox =D
http://soundcloud.com/arkios/outcry
http://www.youtube.com/arkiosmusic#p/a/u/0/_ce9TCks35E

New Song I made. Please give advice. I used some synths and made a nice melody. Don't quite know what the genre is so any guessess? Anyway thanks in advance.
P.S. WASNT GOING FOR A DROP NOT DUBSTEP.
Thanks given by:
I see what you were going for. After the first drop, when your bass comes in I can hear you trying for a warble bass, but it sounds like you're only using one filter? You should use two: a subfilter and a mid/low filter that you modulate with the LFO.

I like the drum beat after 1:59, but before that those bass drums hits are just kind of silly (not to be offensive, but that's just the first word that comes to mind)

I dig the hook too, it's a pretty novel motif. But you should try to variate your sound more. General rule of thumb: every eight bars you should add a new element or metamorphosize an existing one.

Other than that, not bad for a first song. Keep working hard, bud.

Also, it's pretty genre-less right now. It needs more defining elements to have a genre :)
Thanks given by:
I liked better the trance (?) one you posted last!
Go back to the roots! (jk, XD)!
Thanks given by:
In my opinion the drop would be a little more effective if there was more time between the end of the first theme and the start of the half-time groove. Something that would also make it more effective is if the beginning rhythmic bits were a bit more "quick" or "busy" for a lack of better terminology. Mainly meaning, as opposed to having that kinda half-time feel throughout, try implementing more of a light trance groove in the beginning. Then, when the drop comes it busts you over the head with that deep stankiness. I would also suggest finding a little more full sounds. Each individual part has too much transparency. It's good to hear all the parts, but right now it is no so stratified that it doesn't really sounds cohesive. I understand it's electronic music, but it sounds a bit toooo electronic if you catch my drift. Doing what masterkaen suggested is a definite step in the right direction. Consider the ending too where it just cuts out. Try maybe having some resonance that gradually fades out after the the main motif cuts. Also, orchestrating the parts you already have into other voices or layers through theme and variation would add some more density and might make it more interesting. Above all else, use your ears and do what sounds good to you. Good job mate, keep at it.
Thanks given by:
Thank you all I understand I need to variate alot more. But people are getting confused, there wasn't supposed to a be drop :D. I went for a kind of techno stylish? So yea. Just wanna see what how people look at it from a different aspect then before when I labeled everything dubstep.
Thanks given by:
Also, this is a great resource for layering, voicing, and phrasing like Waffles mentioned:
http://www.harmony.org.uk/chord_progress..._music.htm
Thanks given by:
Why is Skrillex bad at fishing?

Cos he keeps dropping the bass...
Thanks given by:
One day boy asked his father " Dad what's sex"? the dad replied without hesitation " It is between a man and a women , the process of making children". The son thought for a second and mustered the courage to ask " Dad what's dubstep"? The dad looked at his son apprehensively and stated " I'll tell you when your older ".
Thanks given by:
My main issue with the song is the main motif :)

I like it, however I hear it way too often in the song. At this point, you should start thinking about the form for your song. What I hear is mainly variations on the A part. You should come up with another nice motif, and use it for the B part. You can mix it with the A part some if you want (probably towards the end). You can use this just to practice. ABA is a very common basic form. Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_struct...lar_music)

Second issue is with the lead synth. I dont like it. Maybe have it be softer in the beginning. Maybe try filtering out some high frequencies. Play around with the sound some more, to see what you can change it to. Its hard for me to figure out why I dont like it, sorry :(

This is a good improvement from your last songs.
Thanks given by:
Wow, sounds decent. Many of my friends gave this genre a try, but nothing coming out of them I really liked.

You should keep on practicing and releasing new material. You are bound to make it big one day!
Thanks given by:
Look at different artists on Soundcloud.
My favourites on Soundcloud when it comes to dubsteppy music are Heartwork, Haywyre and GH057. Although there's also the obvious ones, NOISIA and fuckmylife (see if you can figure out what his regular stage-name is).
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 12, 12:37PM)Orynge Wrote: Look at different artists on Soundcloud.
My favourites on Soundcloud when it comes to dubsteppy music are Heartwork, Haywyre and GH057. Although there's also the obvious ones, NOISIA and fuckmylife (see if you can figure out what his regular stage-name is).

Thanks for the mini-list. I am a fan of 'dubsteppy' music too, lol. Anything with a decent Bass-line, rows my boat... ;)
Thanks given by: