Megaupload shut down
Yeah, but guns make it a lot easier to kill many people in a short time.
As for that "I need to defend myself" argument: well, guess why you may have an armed burglar break into your house. Certainly not because of lax gun control, eh? And even that left aside, I don't think most burglars would ring the doorbell and ask you if you can spare a few minutes for a little firefight. That "defend your loved ones" line is just NRA (i.e. guns manufacturer) propaganda, face it. Of course they love to talk about those one-in-a-million cases where someone actually uses their privately owned gun for good. But that's just extremely rare.
Thanks given by:
Well now they can't tell me I've watched 72 minutes already so woot!
Oh, guns?
I'm in a bad area, the opposite of Mael's neighborhood description. So yes, lots of minorities and gangs.

Plenty of people get shot and killed every year. Our family has guns/knives in the house. And most of our windows have bars on the outside. You have to go through two doors to get in the front way or the backway.

I'm sure at least some of those murders would be prevented if guns weren't available. It's a easy, cowardly kill to walk up behind someone and pull a trigger. Many of these cowards would be too afraid to get right next to someone and try stabbing them. Drive-by slashes? Not happening...
In conclusion, violence is bad. <3

Thanks given by:
why they don close yotube??? wtf ,on youtube also uploaded by users pirates video content
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 12, 11:40AM)1ceMaster Wrote: It should be up again soon. The owner of MegaUpload has made so much money, bailing out should not be too much of a problem...

Not with money from facilitation of piracy

pufig Wrote:why they don close yotube??? wtf ,on youtube also uploaded by users pirates video content

If memory serves, Youtube is not a file sharing site -- they don't offer downloads. Upload limit on videos is ten minutes, and in cases where the original music copyright information is not provided to notify viewers, the video's music is removed/swapped. Youtube actually tries to manage it's content whereas MegaUpload knowingly banked on illegal content, like a modern day Team Rocket.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 12, 12:05AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:
pufig Wrote:why they don close yotube??? wtf ,on youtube also uploaded by users pirates video content
If memory serves, Youtube is not a file sharing site -- they don't offer downloads. Upload limit on videos is ten minutes, and in cases where the original music copyright information is not provided to notify viewers, the video's music is removed/swapped. Youtube actually tries to manage it's content whereas MegaUpload knowingly banked on illegal content, like a modern day Team Rocket.
That doesn't change the fact that they are hosting copyrighted content that they don't have permission to host.
Also, everything is downloadable, with the right URL.
Thanks given by:
Orynge Wrote:Also, everything is downloadable, with the right URL.
But Youtube doesn't provide the download services. If users choose to pirate the content it's not using Youtube's service as intended.

Copyrights. bleh. A lot of copyright holders turn a blind eye to these since in a lot of cases such public infringements actually increase public awareness.

E.G. Minecraft is Copyrighted, but there's 2134313453452 user-recorded videos on Youtube, and Mohjang is totally aware of this (that's how they got freakin rich)

Pretty much, as long as your not banking on it (as MegaUpload was) you're in the grey, very light grey, area of the law.
Thanks given by:
Well I wonder why Mega Upload Is Shutting Down when there is alot of people that download emulators , roms and illegally downloaded music from other websites so whats the point of shutting down one Web when there like 500 Webs that are worse.
Thanks given by:
because they haven't learned from Napster, Limewire, KaZaA, or Torrents. It's been 12 years and they are still trying to combat this the same laughable way. They are trying to hold onto their sandcastle and it keeps slipping though their fingers.
Thanks given by:
The point of shutting down one of those sites is that the 500 others are now shitting their pants and removing thousands of illegal downloads.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 12, 06:13PM)MCS Wrote: because they haven't learned from Napster, Limewire, KaZaA, or Torrents. It's been 12 years and they are still trying to combat this the same laughable way. They are trying to hold onto their sandcastle and it keeps slipping though their fingers.

Thank you my son :3
Thanks given by:
YouTube should be closed down coz it hosts Frit0's material XD
Thanks given by:
Well im living in Newzealand And I CANT BELIEVE IT 50 YEARS IN PRISON
While in america Raping,Murdering A Woman is 20 YEARS WTF IS UP WITH THE WORLD !?!
Thanks given by:
Prison systems dont have enough money here :(
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 12, 08:40PM)Nightmare Wrote: Oh, guns?
I'm in a bad area, the opposite of Mael's neighborhood description. So yes, lots of minorities and gangs.

Plenty of people get shot and killed every year. Our family has guns/knives in the house. And most of our windows have bars on the outside. You have to go through two doors to get in the front way or the backway.

ac_nightmare gogogogogo

Quote:In conclusion, violence is bad. <3

Yet you play Assau-

[Image: Cf2Ok.gif]
Thanks given by: