Bots
How do you create bots? And I don't mean those singleplayer in-game bots. I mean the mIRC IRC chat bots. Like what they call a pug-bot like exodus has and scripts for it. Anyone know how?
Thanks given by:
Quote:like exodus has

Quote:Anyone know how?
Maybe ask him/them/it?
I don't know how.
Here's a vid -- I didn't watch it though :P
Thanks given by:
That wont do it.

To be frank with you, I highly doubt you could get a server running like this. Exodus has a highly modded server. I didn't quite understand exactly how the process worked. And as I said, it isn't available to the public.

Another issue to think about, is that the bot would get banned in any normal IRC server. You would have to host your own IRC server, which is a whole new thing.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 12, 01:48AM)A-Dog Wrote: How do you create bots? And I don't mean those singleplayer in-game bots. I mean the mIRC IRC chat bots. Like what they call a pug-bot like exodus has and scripts for it. Anyone know how?

You ask SO MANY FUCKING QUESTIONS.
Thanks given by:
You need computer language knowledge.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 12, 05:36AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Another issue to think about, is that the bot would get banned in any normal IRC server. You would have to host your own IRC server, which is a whole new thing.

Really? How is a server-controlling irc bot any different on the irc side than, for example, acinter?
Thanks given by:
The one by exodus would probably trigger a flood control thing. It may not though. I cannot think that a server would want that kind of bot running.
Thanks given by: